Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Searching Truth ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 06:07PM

As a TBM (and still now), people ALWAYS have told me I looked familiar when we first met. Sometimes in life, you run into someone that you had crossed paths with before, but these we often people that had no connection to me, and we had never lived in the same state. It also happened in South America on my mission, when I knew there was no way we would have met before.

So how did I interpret this? I sincerely believed that I must have been someone important in the pre-existence, and these people had the recognized me from then. (You know what they always say, that sometimes the veil is very thin. :)

I guess my TBM ego was satisfied, but I was convinced that this was the case. By the way, I am pretty generic looking--straight brown hair, hazel eyes, no really unique/abnormal features. Maybe that could have been it, hmm?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 11:35AM

My patriarchal blessing yammers about how I was so busy in the life before that I will always recognize people on earth and they will recognize me, but we will not know how we know each other.

And it has happened to me so many times - some of which were really amazing. Even the girl I'm seeing now; we keep talking about how we might have seen each other here or there because we actually worked near each other for years.

I haven't told her we actually were buddies before we came to earth because, well, that's a pretty good way to remind her that I was raised crazy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.