Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 05:01AM

Elder Berry posted an obituary about a relative in a different thread here:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,305169,305471#msg-305471

The link to the obit is

http://www.heraldextra.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/article_cce967e7-08dd-5b63-a6a1-8fbb0061c40e.html

The obit mentions a book, "The Four Zinas" since the deceased wrote it. It mentions:

"... her great-grandmother, Zina Diantha Huntington Smith Young, who was married to Joseph Smith and then to Brigham Young,..."

It gives Zina's maiden name, "Huntington" followed by the names "Smith" and "Young." What it doesn't give is the name of her only LEGAL marriage which was to Henry Jacobs. The fact that she was LEGALLY married to Jacobs doesn't merit mention only her ILLEGAL marriages to Smith and Young. After all, they were the big honchos who could steal other mens' wives and then have sex with them. Zina bore two children to Brigham Young although she was legally married to Henry Jacobs.

Henry Jacobs, who had his wife "stolen" from him by Brigham Young never got over it. He was a faithful Mormon all his life but wrote letters expressing how deeply he missed Zina and his children who were also taken over by Brigham.

On 2 September 1852 Jacobs wrote: "O how happy I should be if I only could see you and the little children, bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh." . . . "I am unhappy, there is no peace for poor me, my pleasure is you, my comfort has vanished.... O Zina, can I ever, will I ever get you again, answer the question please."

On another occasion Henry wrote his legal wife (who was living with another man, Brigham Young) a valentine stating:

"Zina my mind never will change from Worlds without Ends, no never, the same affection is there and never can be moved I do not murmur nor complain of the handlings of God no verily, no but I feel alone and no one to speak to, to call my own. I feel like a lamb without a mother, I do not blame any person or persons, no--May the Lord our Father bless Brother Brigham and all purtains unto him forever. Tell him for me I have no feelings against him nor never had, all is right according to the Law of the Celestial Kingdom of our god Joseph [Smith]."

So a faithful Mormon has his legal wife stolen by Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. Then he is later given the indignity of not even being mentioned when her extended married name is used in memory of her life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 09:08AM

Oh, this is absolutely sad and at the same time it makes me so angry. I was never fond of BY, there was something not right about him, his life and his teachings, even when all the information about him came to me from the bleached versions of the Church. The more I learn about this man the more disgusted I become.

Whose idea was to name a university after an inmoral, polygamist dictator?

D

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 11:21AM

Yeah, exactly. I posted in another thread not long ago that even as a small child every time I heard his name or saw an image of him I would suddenly feel anger and fear (and I didn't even know anything about him). I think I felt intuitively that there was something not good about him.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 09:26AM

In the Manti cemetery, where a branch of my ancestors are buried, there are several large monuments to some of the early citizens. They were polygamists, of course, sent there by BY. Arrayed next to the men's impressive monuments are small, plain headstones of their wives, with only their first names. No other information. That's how "important" the wives were.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 10:44AM

Every time someone tells me that there had to be a divine reason for polygamy I tell them to look him up.

It sounds like if Poloygamy is essential to get into the mormo gods presence, then Exaltation is a trick word for weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth in this world and the world to come.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 11:06AM

The "curch has changed" is another way of saying "Hitler did some great things for the German economy."

Nothing has changed.....doctrine is the same, its just under more layers of PR. The name Zina Dianthia Smith Young is just more evidence of the core value system that is hidden by the public performance of the hillbilly politican, "shucks,....we're Mormon but we're just like y'all" (huge fake smile when saying this) "we ain't frickin weird"

How about Hinkley when he said, "I dont know that we pratice that" a real journalist would have asked, "Well then can you explain the name, Zina Dianthia Smith Young who was married to Jacob and had children with him?"

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 11:23AM

"...all is right according to the Law of the Celestial Kingdom of our god Joseph [Smith]."

He really said this!?!? How many other quotes are out there whre people said JS was "God"?

I guess he was just speaking as a (cult brainwashed) man.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 12:09PM

neither BY nor JS had any scruples regarding taking advantage of their 'leadership' positions to get MORE SEX than the other guys;

to me, these fellows were obviously on a authority/status trip.
Joe took it so far that he 'cooperated' in surrenduring leading to his own death. We'll NEVER know how much he had the idea/information that he'd be killed in Carthage.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 12:32PM

an adulteress . . . and they worship her. I'm an adulteress (separated 16 years) and my mormon friend just called me to repenence this week and asked me when I'm going to finally marry my boyfriend. I said NEVER.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 12:35PM

Thread Killer,
I would like to see someone research that idea of Joe being God as I have heard another quote where he brags of God being his right hand man....thus putting him equal with god or above him.

Maybe that explains why J.S. and B.Y. had men as well as women sealed to them......they were gods. At least in their twisted and f'ed up minds.

Posted by: snowowl ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 01:07PM

"God made Aaron to be the mouth piece for the children of Israel, and He will make me be god to you in His stead, and the elders to be mouth for me; and if you don't like it, you must lump it."
Joseph Smith, History of the Church, vol. 6, pp. 319-320

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 12:36PM

baura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Zina bore two children to Brigham Young
> although she was legally married to Henry Jacobs.

Actually, it was only a daughter named Zina.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 02:20PM

she certainly had a long life.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: September 29, 2011 09:52AM

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: September 29, 2011 10:12AM

1 The LORD sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, “There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle, 3 but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him.

4 “Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him.”

5 David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, “As surely as the LORD lives, the man who did this must die! 6 He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity.”

7 Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man!

2 Samuel 12: 1-7

Brigham Young was a pitiless bastard.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 29, 2011 10:38AM

Excellent!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.