Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 25, 2011 08:53PM

i just found my member number. here's my final draft.

please let me now if inputs/suggestions before i send it.

btw..thnx to all of you who have posted your letters here. i took samples here and there, some sections word for word. thnx again for sharing.

anyway...here it is

"Mr. Dodge,

Accept this email as my formal resignation from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it is effective immediately. Please spare me the 30 or 60 day grace period. I want my baptism, confirmation, temple marriage, and any other church authorized ordinance null and void as soon as possible. I certainly do not want or need your organization's dysfunctional "blessings". If it helps to speed up all that process, my new fake temple name was "Mosiah".

I am aware that after my resignation your organization might send me a letter along with some propaganda asking me to reconsider my decision; I am also aware that it is common practice to put local mormon leaders on notice in regards to my request as if I am asking any of you a favor or requesting your permission to quit. I demand absolutely no contact about the matter neither from your general nor your local leaders. Know that I do not recognize any honorary titles that may be perceived as an implicit submission to them.

After today, the only contact I want from your sect is a single letter of confirmation to let me know that I am no longer listed as a member of your cult. If I receive any other type of communication, other than a confirmation that my name has been removed from your records, I will send a copy of this letter to the editor of my local newspaper to unequivocally establish that your organization does not respect the intellect, reasoning, and free will of its current or former members. I will also consider legal action. You have been warned.

Polyandry and adulterous life by Smith and others? Promoting fictional works such as the Book of Abraham which has been proven scientifically to be a hoax along with the The Kinderhook Plates? That the Garden of Eden was in Missouri? Crimes against humanity such as the Mountain Medows Massacre? Polygamy by church presidents even after it was banned? DNA tests conclusively prove that native Americans are not of Hebrew ancestry and still the mormon cult pushes that belief to the masses? That is just to name a few items that just thinking of them makes me blush for being so stupid. No wonder mormonism does not encourage people to read outside their approved materials. It does not want people to wake up, think for themselves, and discover the truth.

I will do absolutely anything in my power to expose your true history by any means necessary. I am a heretic of your religion; I am an apostate of your sect. I do not take lies lightly and I do hope there is a special place in hell for all your ticks and leeches professing to speak to God; I will always speak against your religious elite starting from Smith including the latest mentally divergent crook with delusions of morality Thomas Monson. "

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: September 25, 2011 09:28PM

Don't say "accept." Say "This e-mail is my . . ."

Don't say "I want." It's not a request. You are to consider my, etc.

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: September 25, 2011 10:55PM

Good letter, but +1 to Michael for the suggestions - I concur.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 25, 2011 11:05PM

WHOOO HOOOO!

Posted by: azazazaz167 ( )
Date: September 25, 2011 11:05PM

Wow. What a great letter. Fuck the church.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 01:05PM

That's the best line!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 25, 2011 11:24PM

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 01:38PM

Sadly, this is true. But I think that the thought process of putting together an exit letter is more for the person leaving than anyone who might read it. I sent in a similar letter, but had no dilusion that it might be read beyond the first sentence, or that it would have any inpact on anyone other than myself.

Anyway, congrats DJ!

Posted by: anon2day ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 01:06AM

put the Mosiah thing first... ha ha

"Mr. Dodge,

Accept this email as my formal resignation from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and If it helps to speed up all that process, my new fake temple name was "Mosiah".It is effective immediately. Please spare me the 30 or 60 day grace period. I want my baptism, confirmation, temple marriage, and any other church authorized ordinance null and void as soon as possible.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 02:53AM

Date: September 26, 2011 02:58AM

awesome. super awesome. thank you guys.
i'll make the changes suggested. i'll keep you guys posted.

thanks again for your support. i really appreciate it.

i know i know...they won't read past the first line. much less they'll change their practices.

but i just wanted to indulge myself with some rather painful remarks.

today my "assigned friends" --although i told them not to come to visit me -- showed up. i told one of them i didn't want or need any condescending messages. i told him not to come again. they didn't like that. they all played offended. this other guy called me "brother..excuse me..but". i said "don't call me brother. i'm not your brother."

they turned around and left without a word. right then and there i said "farewell".

i'm just fucking fed up guys. really. there's no other way to put it.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 09:53AM

If I was Greg Dodge, after that letter, I would not fuck with you. Great job.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 11:48AM

I threatened contacting the media and all that and it did absolutely nothing.

Date: September 26, 2011 01:01PM

yeah i know.. but goddamn it feels good. haha.

it's therapeutic. it was definitely more for me than for them. i could have just sent the first couple of lines but i couldn't help myself.

also, since i live in a small island and mormons are just a weird bunch, the only newspaper here will be absolutely delighted to publish my letter or sections of it.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 01:29PM

I've never felt so good as I did writing and sending my letter. It was one of the most cathartic things I've ever done.

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 01:13PM

Well *I* certainly enjoyed reading it! Nicely done.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 01:46PM

advice: instead of mentioning any specific number of days waiting or 'grace' period, write "I waive ANY waiting or grace period, and wish this resignation to be effective Immediately"...

just trying to help...

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 03:41PM

darth jesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do not take lies lightly and I do
> hope there is a special place in hell for all your
> ticks and leeches professing to speak to God;

Awesome!

Posted by: horsefeathers ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 02:07AM

Agree with Fossilman, if you waste time writing anything more than the absolute basics, you're doing it for yourself, not them.

With the apparent volume of resignations compounded by the fact that you're dealing with people who strongly believe in the church, they're not going to waste their own time reading your carefully thought out reasons for your decision to leave.

You will not persuade them their church is false, they don't care about your reasoning.

Posted by: catholiclady ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 02:47AM

hey more power to you. a very good letter in my opinion but the letters are more for our own closure than anything else. i sent two letters and recieved the exact same letter twice in reply. and i had to go to talk to their stupid bishop anyways so if your really truly serious about this, be prepared for that.

Date: September 27, 2011 03:40AM

sent your resignation twice? how come?

i sent my email resignation already.

if the bishop tries to set up an appointment with me or comes to the mansion i simply won't talk to him. i'll tell the butler to unleash the rottweilers along with the crocodiles.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 03:58PM

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 04:40PM

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 04:40PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.