Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wyodude ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 12:15AM

I haven't seen any posts from Deenie the Dreaded Single Adult in a long time. Anyone know what might have happened to her? I always did enjoy her perspective on things.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 12:25AM

Deenie passed away, sadly. I don't know the details, but someone else might fill you in. It was a shock to me, and I have missed her posts as well.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 12:53AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1pjslCiliw&feature=related

The blog of her memorial was on line for over a year, but it's gone now.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 01:58AM

Thanks for that SusieQ. What a lovely song sung by talented singers. I did not know her but now know her by her voice. I can understand why so many miss her.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 08:17AM

Her words and music are still with us thankfully.

Hopefully, the morg hasn't dead dunked her although I think that would bother me and some others like me more than it would bother her or her family.

Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:03AM

I know she had a bone marrow transplant for CML. I "think" she died with chronic graft vs host disease...but if not, I think it was complications of some sort from the transplant.

Posted by: wyodude ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 12:47AM

Very sorry to hear that. She was a great woman!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 06:04AM

Because of Internet problems at the time of Deenie's passing, I've just watched that clip for the first time.

It made me cry

Thanks for posting the link

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 08:11AM

she was so cool!! R.I.P. DEENIE(the dreaded single adult)!!!!

Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 09:39AM

And her moniker (the dreaded single adult) was hilarious.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 05:15PM

time in the Mormon cult. I always teased her and said she needed to write a book about it. It makes me very sad that this will not come to pass.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 01:59AM

and she had the most hilarious talent for telling stories about it!

What were your favorite "Deenie" stories? The ones I'll remember include:

Single Sisters Eat Last at LDS Potlucks

Self-Righteous Elder Smashes Christmas Decorations with Shoe

Thou Shalt Not Throw Housewarming Parties for Single Women Who Buy Their Own Homes

Thou Shalt Not Abide in a Hotel (AKA Evil House of Fornication) While Traveling to and from a Temple - Must Stay in Members' Homes Instead

Others???

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 06:54AM

The spoiled brat Downs Syndrom HTer who expected Deenie to cater to his whims and also marry him.

The story about being expected to pay tithing on family dinners with her parents.

The one about the RSP who offered to help Deenie shop for a winter coat since no single woman would know how to do something so challenging. I think the same lady expressed surprise that Deenie's bathroom was outfitted with a nice set of matching towels. Who had guided a single person how to pull off such a fete?

The one about being accused of fornication because of an early morning VTer who arrived and found Deenie sleeping in late one weekend and noticing a few sprigs of hay from a hayride in her entryway.

My favorite stories might be the ones about the "big bow sister" who always wore her hair like Shirley Temple with a huge pastel satin bow nestled in curls on the top of her head. This woman ridiculed how Deenie taught primary children's songs because she didn't hadn't made and used flannel characters and props for every song the way the big bow woman had done it for years. Of course Deenie was a professional singer and longtime credentialed teacher and Mrs. Big Bow's claim to fame was being a BIC self taught church lady and questionable housewife.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 12:50AM

How could I have forgotten sister Mega-Bow??

Other favorite Deenie stories, anybody?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 01:14AM

I remember the Sister "Bow-Head" story, as well as the one about not being allowed to stay at hotel rooms during a temple trip because of "fornication," as if that wouldn't happen at a member's house. I miss Deenie, as she had some great stories.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.