Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 07:57PM

I'm new to Pinterest, and of the dozen people that are following me, 10 are Mormon and I don't know how to block/remove them. Of course, there's the obvious--post something offensive and they'll remove themselves--but I don't want it to get back to my mother.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find any privacy settings. Do any of you know how to take care of the problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 08:10PM

Yes. Reveal the names, signs, and tokens of both priesthoods and your new name.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: September 20, 2011 11:11AM

ROTFLMAO

Posted by: ItsALLgood ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 01:31AM

Oh my dear miss molly mormon faker - you may have some issues sweetie. If "Mormons follow you" it's because they like your taste, it's a compliment. Are you scared of compliments? If a jew was following you, or a buddist, would you equally start LAME panic threads?

Just take it as a compliment, thank them and choose to ignore them if you'd like. They won't bite you.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 01:54AM

She doesn't want the stuff she posts to get back to her mom.

Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 09:11PM

But after revealing your new name, put "or is it?" just to piss of the morgbie zombies!

Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 08:38PM

Haha. I have a pinterest too... That would be annoying! I would just stop following them. Just go to thier profile and it should say stop following somewhere

Posted by: SillyBlogger ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 07:22PM

HAHA this is hilarious. I want to block mormons too. my mormon cousin just got engaged and you know how that goes. they've known each other for 2 seconds and are getting married like tomorrow.

Anyways, she's completely stealing my thunder and I don't appreciate that her wedding is likely going to look a lot like my pinboard. How else will she put together a wedding in a few weeks? - i happen to have really good taste. Not that i would even know about it if she does < isn't it true that non mormons can't even go in the little room place for the ceremony? gag.

In conclusion, either we should be able to block people on pinterest or mormons shouldnt be allowed to create an account. Rushed mormon weddings account for 87% of creative pinboard infingement. Who will sign my petition?

Posted by: mom23 ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 11:32AM

Good Lord I notice this too. They're EVERYWHERE hahaha I went to Pin a cute craft and then clicked on it to see how its made...Low and Behold linked right up to a Mitt Romney endorsement. COME ON PEOP"LDS"E! I come here to waste time, relax, dream of a life beyond reality and I get hit with Politics. BLECH!!

I would say I dont have a problem with theMo's but quite a few lived on my street (in CA) and my sister in law is one as well. Most competitive "judgey" humans yet...

Posted by: DeeDee ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 07:50PM

I totally agree, Mos are totally trying to take over and push the Mo agenda on pinterest. I am "reporting" all mormon pins as hateful, propaganda etc.

And yesterday I started responding to all those insipid posts "I am a Mormon" with links to my twitter account Y_B_U and putting in links to ex-mormon.org etc. The TBMs have responded with "don't get in here on my religion, etc." But more responses have been supportive and, like, "hey mormons are freaks and shouldn't post here if they don't want to be called out on stupidity." So, no problem.

I hope the TBMs will quickly scurry off and post on relief society stupidity posts and leave Pinterest alone for people with some frikkin taste!

Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 08:59PM

but they follow me, I can't remove or block them. There's no privacy settings (that I can find). So frustrating!

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 07:31PM

"I actually emailed pinterest about this because I wanted to be able to have private boards for business purposes and to also block certain people for gifting purposes. I received a personal reply pretty quickly saying they get requests like that often, but at this time there aren't really any privacy settings. I think it will come eventually but since pinterest is so new, they just aren't there yet and the point is to share. I've thought about creating a seperate account using my business email address that maybe I could use for those things."

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a29160961/ot-_can_i_block_her_on_pinterest

So I think you're SOL -- sorry.

Posted by: NEJulie ( )
Date: September 19, 2011 10:08PM

Who cares if they follow you? You don't have to follow them. If you don't like their comments on your pins just delete the comments.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 05:17PM

What's a pinterest? Stopping to catch your breath and drinking a pint of stout?

Ron

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 05:41PM

Posted by: DeeDee ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:10PM

LOL, that is pretty much how I used Pinterest!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 05:47PM

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 26, 2011 06:20PM

WCG, that's cool!

We could use it to collect pictures of handsome Mormon GAs!!

Like THIS!

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/B/blackhole.html

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 01:52AM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 11:08AM

What can I say, on the internet you are either anonymous, or you are screwed. Personally, I censor all the stuff I say on my face book page. You won't find anything there about my religious views, my employment, or all the wild fun I had the night before. I have known people who have lost jobs because of stuff like that.

You might have to have the same self control on pinterest, if you don't want things getting back to your Mom. It will be hard, but then again, if your Mom knows you left, then you can probably get away with the occasional slip.

Posted by: NeverMo16 ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 02:10PM

Hi, Molly. Just a question, are you pinning things for others to see or just as a place to keep things that you want to reference later?

I want people to see the stuff I pin - it might inspire them. After all, I was inspired by something someone else had done so why not share. Also, I pin some of my own creations using products from a company that I own - this is free advertising for me, so the more people see it the better. LOL

I would say if you have something you want to reference later and don't want anyone to see you are better off saving it into your favoites rather than pinning it to Pinterest. :)

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 04:24PM

This thread's almost five months old. Doubt Molly will reply.

Ron

Posted by: NeverMo16 ( )
Date: February 08, 2012 05:03PM

LOL - Thanks, Ron! I need to pay attention to the date before I reply!

Posted by: sarahlee ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 07:26PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2012 07:28PM by sarahlee.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: March 03, 2012 07:45PM

Blogspot must have gotten old...

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 05:19AM

What is pinterest?

Posted by: mom23 ( )
Date: March 05, 2012 11:33AM

if you love anything - you'll love pinterest. (like tumblr, only better)

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 05:59PM

I'm trying to start an exmo pinterest page, but ... you can't post original stuff, only tag it from elsewhere on the net? And not from Facebook either?

Posted by: sdee ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 06:38PM

Not from facebook, no, but yes, you can upload your own things ("pins.")

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: March 28, 2012 06:52PM

Okay good, that makes it easier, thanks!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.