Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freedomissweet ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 01:10PM

Mormons, will they have to change all the pictures in say, the Primary manuals, showing JS sitting at a table with a bunch of gold in front of him, as the teachers may start to question the use of the gold plates. Or am I just being silly.

Feel free to answer honestly

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 01:11PM

Mormons? Questioning?
Picture does not focus.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 01:24PM

Oh, you silly freedomissweet! When has TSCC ever felt compelled to tell the whole or balanced truth of any of it's history?

"In the Church we are not neutral. We are one-sided. There is a war going on and we are engaged in it. It is the war between good and evil, and we are belligerents defending the good. We are therefore obliged to give preference to and protect all that is represented in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we have made covenants to do it." ("The Mantle Is Far, Far Greater Than The Intellect" given by Boyd Packer at the Fifth Annual Church Educational System Religious Educators' Symposium, 22 August, 1981 at Brigham Young University. (See Brigham Young University Studies, Summer 1981)

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 01:30PM

... for the day when someone says in the middle of sunday school something about the stone in the hat (or the boinking of teenagers for that matter).

I anticipate that "fart in church moment" every time I go to Church. Probably the only reason I go.

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 01:48PM

What they will do is have JS wearing a hat while looking down at Gold Plates while a curtain seperates him from his scribe. That way BOTH sides win!!! Yay TSCC bull shit!!!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 03:55PM

Those that may know are fed the smoke screen of the U and T nonsense and are told that all is well because Josephs seer stone has been equated with the U and T.

The “hat trick” will become widely known when they teach it to the children in Primary. I bet not one person has heard Elder Nelson’s talk in 1993 about the “hat trick” over the pulpit in Sacrament, RS, EQ, or HPG nor would they include all other eyewitness account descriptions in any Sunday meeting and then DISCUSS it. It would probably cause a riot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2010 04:00PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.