Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 05:28PM

Glenn Beck recently stated that he "fantasized about President Obama being beheaded" on his upcoming trip to India.

Isn't there something in the articles of faith about upholding civil authorities and leaders?

Damn, this guy just keeps getting crazier and more volatile.

Anyone here still want to try to defend him and tell me he's a decent human being?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 07:36PM

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 07:44PM

Beck also used the phrase "new world order" in that segment. Dog whistle anyone?

He has gotten himself all excited over the possibility of a war between Christians and Muslims.

What an irresponsible tact to take. He's dangerous.

Beck is also repeating a completely false story in which he claims that President Obama's trip to India requires 34 Navy warships, hundreds of rooms reserved at the Taj Mahal, and more than $2 billion in payments. Garbage.

A pentagon spokesman called Beck's claims "comical" -- but that hasn't even put a dent in the number of times he repeats the falsehoods.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 07:46PM

Both mormons and Beck's audience rely on "faith promoting rumors" rather than fact.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: November 05, 2010 11:47PM

...I've heard him say that he was worried for the president's safety, and at the end of his show he said "Pray for the president on his trip to India." He's a loon many other accounts, but at least I can "testify" to what I heard.
Just to be On Topic, I had a thought today that he may have a similar ego to JS with all his great pronouncements followed by the "aw shucks, I'm just a regular humble guy" moments, followed by yet another round of "I've studied this out, listen to me!".

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 03:29AM

If Obama gets killed in India, Joe Biden becomes president and the news would run non-stop on what happened for days and they there would be a huge state funeral that goes on for days. That's what would happen. Beck seems to think a secret organization would take over the world if Obama got killed for some reason.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: November 06, 2010 10:02AM

Brother Beck just wants to be brave like unto Nephi, who did slay Laban. For after all, it is better that one man should perish than an entire nation dwindle in unbelief, which is exactly what is happening with this son of Cain in the White House. You know because he is a Muslim, who just likes to pop in at St. John's from time to time.

Now--I'm just suggesting that in the mad brain of Glenn Beck colliding with Mormonism this type of "thinking" is probably where this is coming from. You got to think that the FBI and Secret Service have to be busy watching this guy's disciples! What unbelievable nonsense.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.