Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 09:10AM

I happen to come upon this article and I just had to laugh at TSCC's conception of "diversity." Even worse it has an introductory video by Julie BLECH:

http://newsroom.lds.org/article/diversity-strength-mormon-women-new-relief-society-book

The book is called, "Daughters of My Kingdom."

I clearly recall one time in SS during the year that D & C and TSCC "history" was being taught. We were on this particular lesson:

http://lds.org/manual/doctrine-and-covenants-and-church-history-gospel-doctrine-teachers-manual/lesson-42-continuing-revelation-to-latter-day-prophets?lang=eng

and what's the first subject? CORRELATION! When the instructor was teaching that very section my TBM DH raised his hand and asked, "Why does EVERYTHING have to be done from the Utah POV?" Of course we got the usual "the church is perfect" blah blah blah shit, etc. >:-(

So what gets me is how TSCC says this "Daughters of My Kingdom Book" is supposedly about diversity when I believe because of the above incident in SS with DH proves otherwise.

What a fucking joke!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2011 09:11AM by imalive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 10:26AM

Yeah, because books filled with tripe are what women need in Africa. Not menstrural products, condoms, access to health care, or running water.

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: August 21, 2011 10:48AM

This Des News article on it is a hoot (as are the comments):
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700172277/New-book-a-recipe-on-how-to-be-an-LDS-woman.html

So we need to be reminded that all women should follow an exact recipe so we can bake up properly, and make sure you don't deviate from that recipe! No pinches of this or dashes of that, you see, because diversity is baaaaaaad.

Of course dear Sister Blechh - oh, I mean Beck - says: 'that the history "addresses some of the insecurities and myths" many LDS women have felt about themselves and their religion.'

Yeah, I'll just bet. Cuz we women need another 200+ page manifesto on how to be perfect or else we're failin'. In other words, it's another attempt at damage control and spin city.

This particular "recipe" gives me food poisonin'.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.