Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 05:47PM

So today I had Dog the Bounty Hunter on without realizing it (I was surfing the net) anyway, Dog's wife Beth is talking about how at 17 she placed a baby boy for adoption. Since I am a birth mother it caught my attention. She was talking about how that day was his 21st birthday and how Dog had found him a year ago and brought him home. It was pretty emotional so I thought I might try to send her an email. I google Dog the Bounty Hunter and lo an behold google comes up with Dog the Bounty Hunter Mormon - seems he's been on the records for like 22 years now.

But what was more interesting is his son Wesley Chapman that lives in Provo with 'his eternal mate' and has a marketing firm called LIME - Been a bit of an interesting read. Here's a link http://www.wesleydchapman.com/my-story/chapter-one/

Wonder what their relationship is like.

As a side note, there was a discussion about prayer and folding arms that also came up - seems people wanna pray like Dog and not with the folded arms - very interesting. At least to me

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dclarkfan1 ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 05:56PM

If the Dog was LDS, his actions on TV, would have most certainly lead to his excommunication.

So I highly doubt that The Dog is Mormon now, nor was he ever. Though I will say the man does have a firm belief in God and Jesus Christ.

Date: August 09, 2011 05:59PM

He was baptized - did not say he was practicing.

ETA: Wesley Chapman is a TBM koolaid drinking card carrying morgbot with 5 kids

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2011 06:00PM by bigred.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 07:34PM

I doubt that any church authority would care enough to even start the proceedings.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 06:05PM

A Mormon? Or an exmo?

Date: August 09, 2011 07:34PM

He doesn't pray like a normal Mormon and his beliefs don't mirror Mormonism much either. If he is on the records, most likely he was baptized at some point and it didn't jive with his way of thinking.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 07:37PM

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 09:16PM

ROTFLMAO

Date: August 09, 2011 08:09PM

Maybe he was dead dunked - he does kinda look like a walking corpse!

Posted by: pat0616 ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 02:51PM

I think it's wonderful they include their prayers in their show. I guess that puts Dog up for ridicule. Kind of a sad when he is judged and made fun of for his prayers. Maybe he would be better to hide them behind closed doors or just have them cut from the tape.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 08:32PM

Where do you get "ridicule" from that?

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 08:55PM

Dear Jesus, thank you for helping us catch this mother fucker and that none of us got hurt. I just ask you Jesus to touch his heart tonight in that jail and help him get off the ICE, help him understand that ICE never did nothing but fucking mess up his life, and thank you Jesus that he got caught before he hurt anybody and still has a chance for you to make a difference in his life. Amen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 03:33PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 09:26PM

Dead on.

Now *that's* a sincere prayer, y'know? One that makes it through the ceiling.

;o)

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 02:37AM

Love it. That's Dog alright.

Date: August 10, 2011 02:43AM

You are my hero!

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 03:22AM

Date: February 18, 2012 08:46AM

That is what I hear when I see him pray.Perfectly written. It doesn't seem too Mormon to me. Just a sincere belief in JC.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 10:31PM

LOL! I love it! Spot on!

I used to live up the street from his office (in the ghetto), and would run into the family often (this was before the show and the fame).

Sincere, genuine people.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 09:08PM

Dog was baptized into TSCC? @_@

Date: August 10, 2011 02:43AM

he was baptized - and that prayer was fucking awesome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 03:33PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 03:23AM

AWESOME prayer! Every denomination it seems has to distinguish themselves by this or that knicky-knacky manner of speech. Their jargon and you recognize this like TAG right away.

Dog has the evangelical closed eyes holding hands, or hands in front of crotch pose. And he says, most telling of all, "We JUST come before you Jesus and we JUST want you to know that we JUST love you and JUST appreciate....blah, blah. and the famous equivalent of in the name of Jesus becomes, "inna name uh JEEZus...JEEzus etc.

We all know that Mormons, like Jehovah's Witnesses, don't pray to Jesus EVER. It's Heavenly Father or LORD (and you never know which LORD they mean - Elohim? Jehovah?)

Which is why it tics me off all this "We love Jesus just like you all do...we're all just brothers in Jesus. When they don't pray to him and "discourage" the idea of a personal relationship with Jesus (because then what are you paying them for if you eliminate the middleman?)

They're protecting their market.

Anagrammy

Date: August 10, 2011 03:45AM

So true.. they do not pray to Jesus or want their people to have a personal relationship with Jesus. That is why it is easy for Protestants to go or not go to church. We can pray directly to Jesus and feel good about it. We don't need any human to be a middleman. We don't need to confess our problems to a pastor if we don't want to. Mormons don't see how this makes church attendance so easy for Protestants.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 08:43PM

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 09:00PM

He might be on the records, but he's a born again christian, and has said so in many interviews. His son from one of dog's former marriages ended up mormon via circumstance.

I did see an interview where dog is talking about a fugitive he was hunting at the time, someone who had been a mormon for 20 - 25 years. That interview might create some googling confusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 09:04PM by wittyname.

Date: January 14, 2012 09:49PM

Wow, this is an old topic.

Posted by: Mormon confusion ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 01:52AM

So many folks want to jump all over the religious band wagon! Who cares what he is? Dog is straight up white trash, no matter the God of his choosing! And I love him anyway, he seems to care about people.

Date: February 18, 2012 08:49AM

Very odd comment. I would never say a person who is White trash cares about people. Just the opposite.

Posted by: dogs future wife ( )
Date: February 26, 2012 08:25PM

who cares what he is he so does it for me mmm.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 09:00AM

Maybe the church could get him back full time, by issuing special sleeveless garmies for bounty hunters? Kind of like how the military can get colored garmies. I think they should approach him on the subject.

Posted by: his_dudeness ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 08:58PM

Dog's pastor is a black protetsant Baptist I think. Rev Tim Storey..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Storey

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.