Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 07:18PM

*Sounds of a Little Girl Crying As She Is Told to Take Off Her Clothes, Then Asked How It Feels and Told to Ignore the Pain

"Prosecutors in the Warren Jeffs sexual assault case presented their last piece of evidence in his trial Wednesday - a chilling recording of him having sex with a 12-year-old girl who he claims was his 'spiritual wife.'

"The polygamist cult leader's voice can be clearly heard on the shocking recording, ordering the little girl to 'take your clothes off,' as she is heard crying.

"Jeffs is then heard asking the child: 'How do you feel, doesn't it feel good?" . . .

"The 55-year-old continues to coach the girl throughout the ordeal, advising her to 'just don't think about the pain.' . . .
_____

*A Little Girl Tied Down and Raped as Others Watch

"There were reportedly other people present in the room during the 'marriage consummation' and prosecutors claim that women in the cult were holding the little girl down as Jeffs raped her.

"At one point Jeffs is heard ordering 'the rest of you back away,' and the horrific fact that they likely tied-up the little girl during her assault was made apparent.

"There were other sounds on the tape that suggest that the two were having sex.

"The graphic recording shocked jurors, one of whom dabbed her eyes with a tissue while the audio was played.

"At another juncture Jeffs orders the girl "to feel his presence . . .the spirit of God,' on the recording."

("Warren Jeffs Raping 12-Year-Old 'Spiritual Wife' -- Caught On Tape," at: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/08/warren-jeffs-raping-12-year-old-tape-played-court)
_____

*Heavy Breathing as Jeffs' Other "Celestial Wives" Bear Witness--and as Listening Jurors Wipe Away Tears

"The prosecution’s most damning evidence against Jeffs is an audio recording of Jeffs allegedly having sex with the child. That recording was played in court yesterday. On it, Jeffs can be heard saying the child’s full name, leaving no doubt as to who is in the room with him. As the tape was played, jurors also heard heavy breathing and talking, including Jeffs asking, 'Does it feel good?' and a child’s voice responding 'Yes, thank you.' The prosecution also claims that three of Jeffs other so-called 'celestial wives' were present when the recording was made. The recording ended with Jeffs saying, 'In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen,' and the child repeating, 'Amen.'

"While listening to the tape, several jurors held their heads in their hands, some covered their mouths. One woman could be seen wiping away her tears with tissue. The state rested its case after playing the explosive audio."

("Warren Jeffs Rests His Case," CNN, 4 August 2011, at: http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/04/warren-jeffs-rests-his-case/)
_____

*Description by Court Observers of Jeffs' Vulnerable 12-Year-Old Victim

For a wrenching description of the 12-year-old child "bride"--depicted by court watchers as a "Pippy Longstocking" and "a meek little girl" (together with a CNN reporter's description of Jeffs' theological beliefs as the "Mormon religion")--see:

("Jurors Hear Jeffs' Alleged Sex with Girl" [click on upper left CNN screen for video], at: http://www.examiner.com/cults-in-national/cnn-hln-discuss-warren-jeffs-verdict-video)
_____

*Wedding" Photo of Jeffs Deep-Kissing His Child "Bride"

For a "wedding" photo showing Jeffs face-planting a kiss on his child "bride," see below (which also contains this explicit description of Jeffs' taped sex session):

"One reporter who was in the courtroom and listened to the audio portion of the sex tape firsthand stated, 'It was some of the most disturbing evidence I have ever heard or seen in a courtroom in 25 years.' The audio portion of the tape contained Warren Jeffs having sex with the 12-year-old victim and his voice was heard stating, 'Take your clothes off. Do it right now. Each one who touches me and assists each other will have my holy gift. Just don`t think about the pain; you`re going to heaven.'"

("Warren Jeffs Convicted of Child Sexual Assault, Sex Tape Played for Jury," by Charisse Van Horn, at: http://www.examiner.com/cults-in-national/warren-jeffs-convicted-of-child-sexual-assault-sex-tape-played-for-jury)
____

--More Graphic Descriptions of Jeffs' Audio Sex Tape

For CNN's Anderson Cooper'a interview with local reporter who heard Jeffs' audio sex-prep tape when it was played to the jury (and who graphically describes it contents) see:

("Jurors Hear Warren Jeffs' Sex Tape [CNN 8-03-2011]," at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lBF1NzroBI)

For a "jaw-dropping" news account of Jeffs' sex audiotape, read what follows this introduction:

"'Instructions to young wives include showering before going near him and maintaining armpit and pubic hair

"'Pictures show head of Mormon sect with young redhead he is accused of raping

"'Court hears him explain how he likes to be pleased sexually

"'He told his young wives they were "honorable vessels" and journalised about how they were 'willing to obey':

"Mr. Jeffs, the head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is accused of sexually assaulting two girls, ages 12 and 15, he took as brides in 'spiritual marriages.'

"He objected as the tape was prepared, and his frustrations continued as it was played, the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

"The 90-minute segment details how the young brides should become 'so natural as clothed as unclothed' and always shower before getting near him.

"Mr. Jeffs is also heard instructing the woman on how to maintain their pubic hair, and a woman is heard showing the other wives how to properly shave their armpits.

"He says on the tape: 'No one sits around, everyone assists each other.'

"This came after a doctor and forensic analyst testified the 55-year-old Jeffs was the father of a 15-year-old's child."

("Court Hears Tape of Warren Jeffs Instructing Young Wives on Group Sex, Being nude and Grooming Body Hair," in "Daily Mail," 6 August 2011, at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021731/Warren-Jeffs-trial-Court-hears-sex-tape-instructing-14-year-old-spirtual-wife.html

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 08:52PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 07:24PM

But I didn't want to have to read it. It's painful.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 07:28PM

I just sat there, staring at the empty posting box.

I really am without words to describe how monstrous this is.

THIS is the true and evil face of Mormonism.

THIS is what Mormonism is all about. 'Prophets' having sex with little girls and holding power over everyone.

Posted by: verdacht ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 08:38PM

No. It's about Warren Jeffs, a child abuser, having sex with a helpless victim. It's NOT about Mormonism OR any other religion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 08:40PM by verdacht.

Date: August 06, 2011 08:40PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 08:41PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 08:51PM

Jeffs has a (sick) mind all his own. Blaming his violent behavior on presumed historical events lacking details doesn't make Smith or anyone else his facilitators.

Date: August 06, 2011 08:54PM

And haven't you been following the trial itself?

Jeffs, in his own LDS-perverted defense, quoted the Book of Mormon and cited the Mormon prophet Jospeh Smith.

Crack a book. Read a newspaper. Turn on a TV.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:56PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:01PM

Very familiar with Alger and the rest...saying that Mormon history and doctrine facilitated Jeffs actions almost seems like handing him an excuse.
There is no excuse. Belief in Smith or Mormon doctrine has nothing to do with this bastard's behavior.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:04PM

Like his messianic mentor Smith, Jeffs used God to justify sex abuse.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:08PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:04PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:05PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:09PM

Deranged is the key. I don't think for a minute Jeffs truly believes in much of anything except finding a way to carry out his perverse behavior. And the other perverts in his little outfit couldn't be happier.

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 09:15PM

Duh? And, that "way" was?

That's right. The teachings, and "example" of JS, and his so-called church.

He alone is responsible for his actions, but he chose the LD$ "way".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:33PM by atheist&happy:-).

Date: August 06, 2011 09:12PM

Steve, I never denied a thing. I simply disagree about Mormonism and Smith being Jeffs' facilitators. I just don't see it that way.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:14PM

"No. It's about Warren Jeffs, a child abuser, having sex with a helpless victim. It's NOT about Mormonism OR any other religion"

"Blaming his violent behavior on presumed historical events lacking details doesn't make Smith or anyone else his facilitators."

(you, in this thread, quoted and unquoted)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:17PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:19PM

No. I didn't deny anything concerning Alger, Kimball or the rest. But we can't presume to know enough details to fairly compare them to the Jeffs crime described in your original post.

Saying it's all about Mormonism is surely unfair. It's about a twisted man and his followers in 2011.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:21PM

And nice attempt at the ol' strawman argument. I did not say it was "all about Mormonism." Please quote me to the contrary, if you can find such a claim--which you can't.

But to deny the influences of sick-minded Mormonism perpetrated by a sick-minded Smith on the sick-minded Jeffs and sick-minded FLDS is naive in the extreme.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:31PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:30PM

The connections to early Mormonism or Mormon history simply serve to give Jeffs and excuse for his actions at best.
I don't think Smith helped bring this about because I don't believe Jeffs even believes in Smith's doctrines. Smith and Mormonism are simply conveniences for Jeffs and his followers.

'Facilitating' seems very strong to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:33PM by verdacht.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:33PM

Jeffs used the teachings and practices of Mormonism to justify his sexual abuse in the context of his exercise of ecclesiastical tyranny--and Smith did the same.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:44PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:44PM

I don't think Smith's actions are an explanation for Jeff's actions. Jeffs is simply a man many generations separated from Smith who happens to be a pervert of many colors. The explanation for Jeffs lies somewhere buried in his sick mind. He would have done these things regardless of any connections to LDS history or knowledge of Smith, polygamy or any other Mormon doctrine.

Therefore I don't see it as being all about Mormonism or religion.
It's all about Jeffs and his wacked buddies.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:45PM

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 10:02PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:58PM

Where does it say that in my post? I simply said Jeffs would have done what he did regardless of any connection to Mormonism.

If Mormonism wasn't his excuse he would have found another.

Date: August 06, 2011 10:05PM

Here ya go (quote): "Jeffs has a (sick) mind all his own. Blaming his violent behavior on presumed historical events lacking details doesn't make Smith or anyone else his facilitators."

You have basically attempted with such a ridiculous premise to wholly decouple the wacko Jeffs from his wacko Mormon roots and to therefore deny any link whatsoever between Jeffs' fanatical teachings, actions and organizational constructs and those employed by Mormonism's equally fanatical founders led by Smith.

Never mind that Jeffs invoked Smith and Mormon scripture to justify his acts of sexual abuse. Jeffs also never denied that he engaged in these acts but, rather (like Smith), hearkened to Mormon canon law in a Smith-like effort to shield himself from secular law.

As they say, "Those who fail to learn from history . . . "

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 10:23PM by steve benson.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 10:08PM

If he had not had the belief structure and access to FLDS leadership positions, he wouldn't have a chance to get laid by 78 babes. There is no chance without the women being brainwashed into it as well for them to be screwing a weasel like him.

It took Mormonism to give him the opportunity, tools, and belief system.

Without Mormonism, I doubt he would have had an opportunity to have absolute power over anything. I doubt it would have occurred to him if he hadn't been given the example by JS. He needs to thank JS.

Date: August 06, 2011 10:14PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 10:21PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 10:01PM

> He would have done these things regardless of any
> connections to LDS history or knowledge of Smith,
> polygamy or any other Mormon doctrine.

> Therefore I don't see it as being all about
> Mormonism or religion.

> It's all about Jeffs and his wacked buddies.

Jeff's followers are estimated at 10,000, and his underage "brides" under 17 are numbered at 24. This does not count the many underage "brides" of other followers or account for the culture of abuse, and wasted lives, and potential of those born into this cult. There is no way he would have achieved abuse on that scale without religion, and specifically the LD$ religion of JS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 10:02PM by atheist&happy:-).

Date: August 06, 2011 09:49PM

My reply was to a post which said "this is what Mormonism is all about." Posted by 'Matt'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:51PM by verdacht.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:56PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:58PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:53PM

My reply was to a post which said "this is what Mormonism is all about." Posted by 'Matt'

Date: August 06, 2011 09:30PM

This is the difference between your average pedophile, and abuser (average twisted man), and WJ, who does the same, and MORE, because he practices organized child abuse - organized by the authority of religion, with the sky daddy enforcer to back him up.

He controls the entire system as a theocracy. A child in the U.S. can go to a teacher, police officer, clergy, friend, relative, etc. for help, and even though they may be threatened, and too scared to do so, they still have that option. In the FLD$, LD$- inspired, and enabled culture those women, and children have few options to not only escape the abuse, but few options to even question it.

Date: August 06, 2011 09:35PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:36PM by steve benson.

Posted by: zulu1 ( )

to this analysis. Calling this an 'individual' pathology with all of the theological baggage and behavior of the 'restoration' is dubious. What Joseph 'restored' influenced generations, and will continue to do so. Those of us who were unborn and eventually escaped are fortunate indeed. Jeffs, Lafferty, Swapp, Singer, Packer, and so forth are all linked...

Date: August 06, 2011 09:59PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 10:00PM by steve benson.

Date: August 06, 2011 10:21PM

Posted by: zulu1 ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 08:42PM

the similarities to Joseph Smith and the Mormon Order he created are quite obvious.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 08:58PM

He would have to plead the same defense, God told him to do it.

He would be facing multiple rape charges.

Jeffs was following Smith's teachings for Pete's sake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:00PM by Emma's Flaming Sword.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 08:49PM

verdacht Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No. It's about Warren Jeffs, a child abuser,
> having sex with a helpless victim. It's NOT about
> Mormonism OR any other religion.

On the contrary. Mormonism and it's evil teachings facilitated this abuser.

It is ALL about Mormonism.

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 07:53PM

Just evil. To brainwash these girls into worshipping him and following his every demand is truly nauseating.

Crazy "prophets" like Mitchell, now this pervert and probably many more like him. They are destroying so many lives. They must be exposed.

And JS created the Handbook. Sickening.

Date: August 06, 2011 08:02PM

Well, at least he likes em clean.

Yeah, I'll bet those young girls "felt the presence of God" good and hard.

What a coward to use religion to get off. Isolate the girls and brainwash them for best results. Religious power makes it too easy. No doubt this kind of thing has been going on for centuries using the power of being Big Man over the people- be it religious or political (and other situations). Sadly, the older women in the tribes perpetuate it to somehow justify it being done to them.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 08:06PM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 08:30PM

Yes, indeed and all Mormons should see that it is the same.

Posted by: MadameRadness ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 08:29PM

Emma's Flaming Sword, that's exactly what I wondered myself. I cannot believe I once sang songs praising a man who did the exact same shit Warren Jeffs was doing. I feel like such an idiot.

I wish I hadn't read this, it makes me physically ill. I hope beyond anything that these girls who he hurt are getting some help. Does anyone know what happened to them? Are they still on the compound? My heart aches for them.

Date: August 06, 2011 08:30PM

And, especially how depraved such a culture is, which is invented to physically, and mentally imprison women, and children like slaves in order to victimize them. They essentially own them, and brainwash them to be willing victims in their own abuse, all done in the name of "god". They breed them like sheep, so they can continue the sickness into the next generation, and so on. Women, and children are traded like currency. I believe the sole intent of this organization is to have power over the weakest to exploit, and abuse them for sex, and money. This is why religion gets too much of a free pass in society; this behavior would not have progressed this far, over generations, if not for hiding behind religion. Many atrocities are made possible with religion, because priesthood gets people to do what they would not normally do.

Lynch mobs were made for people like this. Lurking LD$ should reevaluate, and wonder why a mob came for JS. Here is your answer. Think of 14 year old Helen Mar Kimball, and how sick it is for TSCC to reframe the killing of JS as the martyrdom of a holy man.

FLD$ have ample excess of 19th century clothing, but no modesty.
They have religion, but no morality.
They claim “authority”, but have no legitimacy or legality.

They are abusers, and manipulators of the worst kind, and LD$ are just the same. FLD$ uniform hairstyle for women vs. one earring per ear, and no flip-flops for LD$. There is no difference, because it is all about control just the same. One cult just looks more freakish than the other.

Why can LD$ not draw these parallels between JS, and current “revelation”, and the FLD$?

Warren Jeffs: an insult to any real PO$.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 09:03PM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 08:41PM

I feel like crying. I did not want to read this post.....Steve did a good job in presenting it as it should have been presented. I often hang my head and just quietly shake it, wondering how these types of people are human....

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 09:33PM

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: August 06, 2011 10:07PM

Not only insane but stupid enough to tape evidence against himself!

Date: August 06, 2011 10:13PM

It likely served as a form of porn for him later. It's like murders who like to keep pictures and mementos.

To the women, it probably was considered a beautiful reminder of their covenant or some dumb BS. They are clueless and not very street smart about sex.

It's one thing to have twisted fantasies. It's quite another to act them out. Freaking pervert.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.