Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 02:24PM

I think about him occasionally and hope that he is recovering. And that his wife is also doing well.

Are they journeying out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: European View ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 02:44PM

Funny I was going to post about this. Still you being omnipotent and all you'd realise that. Also you're the only god who appears to have shown any interest in his sufferings, which is why I am firmly on Team Raptor.

He has at last got a proper diagnosis. The surgery he had while in the MTC was a complete misdiagnosis, probably because it was done in such a hurry and actually severely aggravated the underlying condition. He has had several bouts of pancreatitis in the last year, the last while he was in a London hospital, where he became very ill indeed, with his vital signs not good at all. He was only supposed to be in this hospital a few hours for an investigation but was actually there for over a week.

In the next month or so he will be having surgery which will hopefully fix the problem. It will carry a risk of another bout of pancreatitis but it is a risk he is willing to take.

We are in the process of winding up the company which our family had started when he got back from his mission. He has trained in a field which needed physical fitness before his mission but because of the health problems he has had to give it up and retrain in another field altogether. This has cost us several thousand pounds and left us with a feeling of failure, which is unjustified, though still there, because none of us knew just how ill he would become and how long for.

His wife is doing well, a 'liberal' TBM, in her own words. She has just been given a prestigious calling, I suspect a way of keeping her in the church. However she is hugely supportive of my son and I am optimistic things will turn out well for them.

A few weeks ago my son ran into some missionaries from his in-laws ward. One of these young kids told my son what a great role model he is for the missionaries, because he keeps coming out to church despite 'Your parents making it so hard for you'!!!

This crap can only have come from the in-laws. My son told the guy that he had the wrong info,'My parents support me in whatever I do'. How we make it difficult for him I don't know, he has been married nearly two years and lives in a different town, ward and stake to us.

Mormons and their faith promoting rumours eh?

My son rarely attends church and has plainly told the bishop and stake president why. My daughter in law certainly has her doubts but is still attending. I think they are journeying out, but at different speeds.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: June 21, 2011 04:30PM

I hope your son's surgery goes well, and that it is what he needs.

I hope that your DIL continues down the road to A-pasta-C, she sounds like a cool chick.

And I hope that those missionaries pull their heads out of their asses. But....their job is to put a "positive" spin on everything otherwise they are spiritually beaten into submission.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.