Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 05:07PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only dark skinned people who were permanently cursed were the blacks. They were descendants of Cain, fence sitters and less valiant in heaven.

The Lamanites were only cursed because of their immediate wickedness. But why would an innocent Lamanite baby be born with a dark skin? Lamanites are Jewish; God's chosen people. So Lamanite babies should not be born with a dark skin because they are sinless.

The whole thing makes no damn sense.

Explain to me the stupid Mormon idea that some Mormons are more blessed and were born Mormon because they were more valiant in heaven. And those born in China or other undesirable places are not as fortunate because they weren't as valiant in heaven. Are Lamanite babies born brown because even though they are God's chosen people, they too were a little less valiant, even if they are born Mormon?

My gawd, this religion is stupid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dapperdan ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 05:15PM

The whole concept of dark skin being a curse is stupid. Skin color serves an evolutionary puropse, and not a religious one. The first humans, which lived in Africa, had dark skin. If they had been white and delightsome then they would have all been toast. To all you white and delightsome folk on the board: Imagine living in Africa with no clothes and no sunscreen. Our ancestors would have fried to death. The whole notion that black, or darker, skin is a curse is pure bull shiz. That assumes that original humans were white, and we know empirically that that is not the case. Skin curses were a huge red flag to me, even as a small child.

It still astounds me that this stuff never occurs to mormons. And if it does, they just ignore it. Any religion/organization whose practices blatantly contradict known facts, then reward ignoring those facts should be raising some red flags.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 10:16PM

I always knew it wasn't true about the revelation in 1978. And I always said...I lost a lot of friends.

Isn't it funny, the profit is always right, and if yu question, well you just don't have faith.

I love it when white people in MORGdom tell me about faith!

I love it...JUST love it!

Oh you silly ninny of a black girl, what do you know about your experience. Come off it, you are just making it all up in your head.

See we like you!

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 05:35PM

"And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.
"And their brethren sought to destroy them, therefore they were cursed; and the Lord God set a mark upon them, yea, upon Laman and Lemuel, and also the sons of Ishmael, and Ishmaelitish women.
"And this was done that their seed might be distinguished from the seed of their brethren, that thereby the Lord God might preserve his people, that they might not mix and believe in incorrect traditions which would prove their destruction.
"And it came to pass that whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed.
"Therefore, whosoever suffered himself to be led away by the Lamanites was called under that head, and there was a mark set upon him." (Book of Mormon | Alma 3:6 - 10)

So, you're right, the Lamanites were Israelites, but they were "BAD" Israelites, and the Lord didn't want the "GOOD" Israelites (Nephites) to mix with them. Therefore, the Lord marked the Lamanites with the most undesirable quality that young Joseph Smith good think of: DARK SKIN ... and caused any children produced from intermarriages to be born dark as well. Anyway, the idea really caught on among Smith's proselytes--which doesn't say much for them, does it? (I'm ashamed of my ancestors who converted to Mormonism!)

Also, the more I think about this heinous teaching, the more amazed I am that the world lets Mormonism get away it. I think maybe it's because when people hear that the Book of Mormon teaches such over-the-top bigotry, many simply believe it's just TOO crazy to be true!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2011 05:38PM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: jw the inquizzinator ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 05:51PM

the LDS 2nd article of Faith clearly states:
"2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression."

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 06:30PM

I dunno. I'm as white as they come, and the thought of mixing my seed with an exotic dark-skinned woman is actually quite appealing!

Date: June 09, 2011 07:35PM

Ha ha ha ha!

I loved that comment.

:)

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 06:48PM

1.) How come people like different colored dogs but not different colored people?

2.) If so many white and delightsome folk think dark skin is so awful bad how come they go for tanning beds and spray tans an all that stuff?

Yer Pal,
Reggie, The Multi-Colored StalkerDog™ (ask Susan I/S, she's seen my pic!)

Posted by: Red Puppy ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 07:04PM

I asked a bishop about this 1 on 1 when I was a priest and got an answer that alleviated my young mind. He pretty much said that the actual curse wasn't the darkening of skin, but the withdrawal of the Spirit. The dark skin was just an outward appearance that they didn't have the Spirit. If I got that answer today it probably wouldn't fly, but it worked for me when I was a priest!

Date: June 09, 2011 07:30PM

I have spent wasting my time on this F&*$ed up issue!

I could scream until I am exhausted at how wrong it all has been.

The straw that broke the camel's back came two - three months ago.

Enough!

I am not bitter, I also know it is not enough to talk about it. I just want it to end!

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 08:28PM

1 Nephi 11:13 And I beheld the city of Nazareth; and in the city of Nazareth I beheld a virgin, and she was exceedingly fair and white.

1 Nephi 12:23 And it came to pass that I beheld, after they had dwindled in unbelief they became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations.

1 Nephi 13:15 And I beheld the Spirit of the Lord, that it was upon the Gentiles, and they did prosper and obtain the land for their inheritance; and I beheld that they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people before they were slain.

2 Nephi 5:21 For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

2 Nephi 30:6 And then shall they rejoice; for they shall know that it is a blessing unto them from the hand of God; and their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a white (1830 and RLDS edition) and a delightsome people. Current LDS version 1981 says Pure.

Jacob 3:8 O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God.

Alma 3:6 And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.

3 Nephi 2:15 And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites.

Mormon 5:15 And also that the seed of this people may more fully believe his gospel, which shall go forth unto them from the Gentiles; for this people shall be scattered, and shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us, yea, even that which hath been among the Lamanites, and this because of their unbelief and idolatry.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 08:43PM

a) Sheeple LOVE explanations

b) Sheeple LOVE their leaders; ergo:

Some Explanation is better than None, No Matter how absurd.

Mormons are UnDeniably trained NOT TO QUESTION LEADERS!
so, when a Bp, SP, EQP, etc. tenders something... it's often accepted without the Blink of an Eye!

'nuf said?

Date: June 09, 2011 10:21PM

<GLOOM!>

Date: June 09, 2011 10:25PM

I did!

I wonder the same thing too!

It is only in this forum that I am discovering that this here black girl could have found many a match.

I guess you have to be exmo to start seeing the non-white, but still very delightsome.

I don't know!

I like all dogs!

Date: June 10, 2011 09:21AM

AIC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
[snip]
> I like all dogs!

=================================

I likes you,too!

Reggie The StalkerDog™

Date: June 09, 2011 11:04PM

My mom- she's older like, and one time she was listenin- really a captive audience in her office- to this co-worker, nasty little white but nowhere near delightsome country boy rantin about how he hates people in different colors and he was usin the n-word which got her riled so she asked him if he liked being a contradiction or maybe an anachronism and he goes, "what?" and the look on his face was like a pug with a thyroid problem.

She's like, well, lessee, you got the confederate flag flappin off your pickup truck antenna, you hate anyone darker than you, but at the same time you're blastin the rap music as you drive down the street rattlin peoples china cabinets and you wear your pants hangin low so I can see your grungy old unders (which is no treat)... and oh yeah, you say hey yo I be this and that, and you call women hos.

She told him she thought his psyche was gonna implode from all the contradictions.

"What-EVER," he said and walked away, yankin on his pants. Now when he comes in the office he don't even look at her which is okay by her.

I loves my mom.

Date: June 09, 2011 11:26PM

Can I meet her!

Ha ha ha ha!

I cannot tell you how often I walk into a room and folks be like talkin' ebonics to me.

Now granted my skin is deep chocolate, like 60% dark chocolate, but if you met me, you'd be like you are the whitest black person I've met!

Then I hear these white boys talk and I am looking for the black person in the room ya hear me?

ha ha ha anachronism...bet he didn't even know what that was!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Propz to yo moz G!

My mother NEVER bought me a CD let alone gave me money for one!

Life be trippin' you up sometimez!

peace bra!

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 11:05PM

Well, it is an everlasting insult. I said to my husband that what the church believes is that God created people to be white and because of sin they were turned dark. This, and polygamy were two things that I could not reconcile with a heavenly father who loves us. My husband denied they think that way but if not then how else is it explained that they call darkness a curse? I think they just ignore it now and choose to think its in the past and not relevant today. But if many of the past prophets of God believed that then what to they say then? That the prophets were talking as men then and not prophets? That it was reflective of the time? There were pointed things said by Boink'em Young that cannot be reversed.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: June 09, 2011 11:26PM

I'm still waiting on a good explanation on the dark skin of
Morroccans, Greeks, Australoids, Indians, Nubians, George Hamilton, and scores of other ethnic sub-groups; Less Valiantism musta been rampant up in the sky pilot battle zones and the whities surely were outnumbered....

Date: June 09, 2011 11:27PM

I know right!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.