Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freegirl10 ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 10:57PM

Years ago, while I was a TBM, I was challenged by a nevermo friend to find just ONE Mormon archaeologist who had studied early man in East Africa. I took his challenge without hesitation, KNOWING that I would easily find at least one, if not many BYU archaeology professors who had been to East Africa to study early man. I sent an email to the archaeology department at BYU and waited patiently for a reply. Much to my surprise and dismay, the head of the archaeology department told me that my friend was correct, that, as far as he knew, no faculty from BYU had ever studied early man in East Africa. Any thoughts on this????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: archaicoctober ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:25PM

Maybe this was after the "I'd be surprised if they found evidence" nonsense. BYU knows that this would simply be a worthless pit because the evidence wouldn't help the faith of the members. As BKKKP said, just because its true doesn't mean its useful.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:25PM

Fear they'll be mocked. Fear they'll be ostracized. Fear they'll lose funding. Fear they'll be fired. Fear they'll discover something important and undeniable. Fear they'll lose their "testimony." ... ... ...

But whatever the answer, it's a good question!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.