Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: January 24, 2018 01:22PM

I was watching some of the victim statements and thinking someday LDS victims will give statements for worthiness interviews.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 24, 2018 02:11PM

Likely not. When a criminal makes the news if they are Mormon, that's one of the first things that gets posted about them.

So far there isn't anything been said about his religion.

But then perverts and pedophiles aren't limited by religion or upbringing. They range across all socio-economic lines in society that there are without exception.

Which is maybe why a supposed top doctor was able to pull the wool over the eyes of those who trusted him for as long as he did, excepting of course his victims who were young and vulnerable.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 24, 2018 02:35PM

"He married Stefanie Lynn Anderson on October 19, 1996, at St. John’s Catholic Church in East Lansing."

Yeah, Catholic wedding, so...no. Not mormon.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2018 07:05PM

Here is a thread hijack...but reading what Nassar did and what other people/organizations DIDN'T do...this really pisses me off.

The other various coaches and people at the collegiate level who knew or heard about mis-deeds and did nothing...I want heads to roll and Nassar executed... pure and simple.

Did you know that when these young girls had to travel for various clinics, training and competitions...they had a rule that NO parents be allowed to travel w/the US womens' gymnastics team so that the kids are not "distracted". This right here is a red flag to me. As a parent of an elite athlete/YOUNG child, I should (and would) go w/the team to chaperone for my daughter.

I could go on about how the parents allowed this to happen, but that shiny Olympic medal shines bright and blinds...and that isn't the point of my post.

ADULTS...on MANY levels failed these young girls...All for what?? Olympic Glory? so we as a nation can bask in our pride for what these girls accomplished??

AT WHAT COST??

I think all those girls and parents would GLADLY trade their medals and accolades so those girls could have their childhood and womanhood back.

This absolutely disgusts me.

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 12:39AM

As far as others remaining silent during these crimes, the victims of Jerry Sandusky might be asking the same question.

Posted by: connecting dots ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 08:50AM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_State_child_sex_abuse_scandal

Mandatory reporting

There should be no statue of limitations for perpetators or those who enable these crimes against minors. The cold-hearted SOBs (male and female) who cover it up for glory, money and power should he liable for those crimes against children which they attempt to hide.

Including church authorities. There was an earlier thread ahout the unspoken abuse in Courts of Love, where church authorities "take the sins on" of those they don't punish, being a possible reason for those courts being so harsh, shaming and probing.

Really? Is this how the Q behave, do they "take on the sins" when they lie, excuse and cover up for sexual abuse, while putting judge after judge in actual courts of law, only to give perps a slap on the wrist, and nil justice for the victims, often shaming them?

Date: January 25, 2018 08:52AM

*statute* of limitations

although

they do tend to worship at the statue of statute of limitations

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: January 24, 2018 11:09PM

One of his victims, Jamie Dantzcher, is LDS. She cussed him out in court.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 24, 2018 11:11PM

Too bad they couldn't castrate him in court. Sentencing guidelines being what they are and all. 175 years plus 40 just doesn't do him justice.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 07:54AM

This is a hot button for me - the dude is a monster and has a special place in hell for him, but what the hell does it matter what church he belongs to?

Some of his victims are my friends. Please don't try to make this a Mormon thing.

Date: January 25, 2018 09:03AM

The cover-up of the sexual abuse of children seems to be an institutional thing, wherever private access to children is possible. It *is* a "mormon" thing, because LDS is an institution willing to cover it's own ass at the expense of the abused and those who love them.

Nassar's victims are not alone; the point is the institutionalized cover-ups that make this sort of abuse possible. A large portion of Aly Raisman's survivor impact statement addressed this very subject.

To limit it to a particular school or State or institution is to be deaf to her well thought-out message.

Date: January 25, 2018 09:20AM

My university was part of that cover-up. Up until the details of this case started coming out, I would have laughed at anyone who would suggest that my school would ever put its own needs above the needs of its students. In the past few weeks, I've written to numerous university officials and board members asking them to step down. I've gone as far as to write to my elected officials and ask them to consider whatever pressure they have at their disposal to rid higher education of the people who helped make this case as large as it was. We KNOW that he was employed by USA Gymnastics, Michigan State, and Mid-Michigan Gymnastics clubs - focus on holding the people who enabled him at those organizations accountable. I still don't see what Nassar's religious affiliation has to do with anything. I know that people on this board hate the church, but this is just using a terrible tragedy to justify that hate more. His religion is irrelevant - the dude was a monster and jail is too good for him.

Date: January 25, 2018 09:22AM

Sidebar, the athletic director who protected the MSU gymnastics coach who protected Nassar is still employed. If you want to join Aly's fight, join me in making sure this man's career ends soon.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 09:23PM

So the perpetrator gets 175 years, and those who allow it to happen should merely lose their job? Then get another job?

No, everyone involved should get jail time. Which includes parents. Hard to believe that a couple hundred girls were abused and none of them told their parents.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 11:37AM

As a fellow MSU grad, I feel exactly the same way. Looks like things are beginning to happen - Pres. Simon has stepped down.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 11:35AM

Personally I'm hoping he is placed in the general population, they will take care of him.

At some level it bothered me that the judge took such glee in sentencing him. Not because he did not deserve every second of the 175 years, but because he could use the glee to appeal the sentence. He is sleazy enough to appeal.

Posted by: oh well ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 12:35PM

I don't think he is, but I sure he will get baptized a year after he dies in prison.

Posted by: brigham666 ( )
Date: January 25, 2018 04:05PM

No, but serial murderer Ted Bun dy was - and after being re-baptized after executed he is once again.
Don't think they have yet sealed any of his victims to him.

They did seal Eva Bra un to Adolf Hitler - Celestial couple of the 20th Century as Mormons now.

-----------------------

WHY would this reply be rejected for using BANNED words - and would not post until I separated Bun dy and Bra un?

Message said to contact administators but can't find where to do it - so I separated the words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2018 04:07PM by brigham666.

Posted by: Old Name Levi ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 01:44AM

I'm guessing that Bun*y might be banned because of the recent unpleasantness regarding a certain very well-armed family militia, and its political nature.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 26, 2018 02:34PM

Yep. Cliven and his Bu*dy bunch.

I don't know about Braun...

edit: oh, look, Braun went through. It was just Bu*dy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 02:34PM by ificouldhietokolob.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.