Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 03:25PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 03:43PM

Without the Book of Mormon, there wouldn’t be Mormonism. If there were no Mormonism, there wouldn’t be RfM. If no RfM, I would not know Ziller. That would be very sad. Ziller’s posts make the Boner happy.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 05:01PM

Well, there was that harlot Isabel...

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 08:51AM

+1,000,000 ;D

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 03:47PM

Without it I never would have existed.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 05:26PM

lurking in Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Without it I never would have existed.
Probably leave the same for me.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 11:58AM

Kid four of six here. To a man who wasn't fit to raise gerbils.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 03:52PM

Without the Book of Mormon, I wouldn't be a Lamanite.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 03:53PM

I wouldn't have lamanite counter tops.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 03:55PM

--- my first out loud laugh of the day.

Well done, ya heathen.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 04:53PM

I would be using much softer toilet paper.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 10:24PM

Hahahaha you always crack me up babylon. Can always count on you to make me laugh out loud for real.

Date: January 21, 2018 10:27PM

I would not have to deal with mormons probably, which would be awesome. The world would be a better place. Less stress, less anxiety, less guilt trip bullsh#t

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 05:34PM

Without the Book of Mormon, I would be lacking one of my hobbies.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 05:55PM

"The Book of....what?"

-- 99% of the world's population.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:08PM

Better

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 07:11PM

Life without BoM would be a bummer.

Brain workouts like x-word puzzles or translating complex tongues are stimulating but not as fun as exposing pompous literary thieves like Holy Joe and his enablers, Sid, Oliver, et al.

What can be cooler than to discover perfect 5-word cribs from older books available to JoeCo in New York state.

I recommend a delightful hobby; get into extending an amazing work which goes far to debunk the BoM:

https://wordtreefoundation.github.io/thelatewar/

Joseph and his helpers likely grew up reading a school book called "The Late War" by Gilbert J. Hunt and it seems to have influenced their writing of "The Pilfered Book of Mormon".

Such bald plagiarisms can also be exposed by scanning local NY news columns and the Apochrypha. But the list goes on and on. Enormous fun to prove how the Mormon witch boys and Emma did it.

Date: January 23, 2018 09:22AM

Thanks. That is a great link.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 08:28PM

Less weird and ridiculous and preposterous growing up.

Posted by: sonofthelefthand ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 09:28PM

I probably would have grown up in another country, since my ancestors were converted just before the church moved out west to Utah. They emigrated to the U.S. after their conversion.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 10:17PM

Very different.

When I was a teen, I took the BofM as being 'proof' of Mormonism as being 'true', and therefore it was OK to be a member of the church ('else how did it get here?) Also, my close family didn't complain (my mother and father were inactive)--even though one of my great-grandparents was a contemporary of J.S., and a polygamous).

At any rate, it had little effect reg. who my friends were from church--I thought them square--and my two best friends weren't members.

Then, my future husband was reactivated by his family's home-teacher, and I met him at church during summer break at BYU.

Also, it did help me when growing up, as I had a standard to hold onto. (No smoking or drinking, chastity, etc.)

After graduating from high school, I decided to give the church another chance, or leave it behind. But then, a friend from church went to BYU and encouraged me to go also, for the fun. So, I did.

At one point I read the BofM all the way through (although this was tough-going for most of the way).

Then, after returning to L.A., I married my reactivated husband, and had my own family, and finally, matured enough to realize the very unlikeness of the BofM being 'true' (let alone the other stuff--i.e., must be married in the temple to get to the Celestial kingdom).

Now, 3 of my 5 children and their family are 'active', and two not.

But, we all treat each other respectfully, and I show-up at their important occasion (like last night, at the wedding reception of one of my grandsons). As the couple were wed in the L.A. temple, I was (of course) excluded from going--thank goodness!

The Mormon's who teach 'family togetherness', work to keep families apart, via the temple nonsense.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 10:29PM

I'd have to level the stove with something else.

Posted by: Ohdeargoodness nli ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 02:44AM

Thanks for the literal lol... that's classic.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 11:35AM

Tee hee hee.

Mine went the way of the landfill.

I didn't want it competing with the Holy Bible in my house as the scriptural authority for what constitutes as holy scriptures.

I keep bibles in every room of my home. Face up. That's a take-away teaching from my TBM BIC paternal grandmother. She believed bibles were meant to be out in the open facing up to protect against bad and evil spirits.

If I'm superstitious I owe it to her and the generations of spiritual ancestors who came before me - including my Jewish book printers and publishers of the Talmud and Hebrew/German prayer books from as early as the 14th & 15th centuries that we know of.

Date: January 23, 2018 09:24AM

LOL!!!!!!!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 04:51AM

Date: January 22, 2018 11:29AM

Unrecognizable to what it is now, including as a post-Mo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2018 11:30AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: mightybuffalo ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 11:35AM

I would have started med school two years ago-- two years I will never get back haha.

Date: January 22, 2018 11:46AM

To think I used to struggle about going on a mission as a young adult. I didn't because of staying home to find a suitable husband and marry. None of which happened during those years. So I went to college instead at 22 (I was a 'late bloomer.')

By then I didn't marry until I was 25. For Mormon standards that made me an 'old maid.' So I rushed into marriage just so I could say I was finally married and to make my dad happy that his daughter finally sealed the deal. He got along better with that ex-husband than I did. They were drinking buddies, however briefly. :D

So much for having grown up Mormon. It affected my love life, for life.

I do believe in eternal love including marriage; just not the Mormon variety.

Having grown up believing in a myth invented by Joseph Smith, religious charlatan, all I can say is life is infinitely better without living a lie.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 01:42PM

[Maybe] I'D HAVE A (real phamily) FAMILY.

HEAVEN KNOWS I don't now. The LDSC has them, CAPTIVATED, for the most-LEAST part, with all their CALLINGS, and kids on missings and eternal monetary burdens and threats for investigating and learning about it's clandestine operations and practices.

Why? Because that's how it suffers - and burdens - the family (and the world). By TAKING all their truths [claims], secrets (sacreds), thoughts, goals, ideas, talents, TIME, money, energy, attention and ENTHUSIASM (for life), it LEAVES THEM WITH NOTHING (but the 'church').

They call this EMPTINESS, family forever, IF… IF… IF…

I know where I am going to be forever - right here right now. And if/ WHEN the [rest of the] family escapes and becomes free once again, they can find me, d I've always been… as I never left - this is my family.

I may have a family.

M@t

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 02:56PM

Without it my table would wobble.
Seriously, Read it a few times cover to cover and found no life changing help that wasn't already in some other book.

Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 03:54PM

Without it, I would have seen other two other plays in my life: one in London's West End and one on Broadway (NYC).

However, I really, really, really, really, really ENJOYED BOM-The Musical.

Date: January 23, 2018 06:42AM

Fascinated in the Midwest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Without it, I would have seen other two other
> plays in my life: one in London's West End and
> one on Broadway (NYC).
>
> However, I really, really, really, really, really
> ENJOYED BOM-The Musical.

I would love to see that musical if it's still going on.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 08:04PM

A lot more honest and possibly a little bit more interesting.

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 02:50AM

If the plagiarized, fictional composition titled "The Book of Mormon" had never been written, it is likely that I would not exist.

Hmmm...quite the conundrum...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 03:27AM

"Plain & Precious Truths"?

not much, not really.

Everything a Christian needs to know is found in the new testament:

Honesty, Kindness, Respect for others, along with
Repentance & Forgiving.

Simple, 'eh?

Date: January 23, 2018 06:41AM

And don't forget, no secret oaths or especially death oaths.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 06:51AM

I wouldn't be all ripped and buffed out on steroids in a vain attempt to look like Friberg's superheroes Nephi, Alma and Captain Moroni.

Hey, the Q-15 on steroids, now there's nightmare image for ya!

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 07:13AM

The most skimmed in a coma book in history...three times cover to cover...after an hour a day of this dulcid duty I'd realize I'd moved my eyes a lot but mind had been ponderizing more interesting stuff..likely the main reason I staid momo way too long...not even a bullet can get through third nephi...I'd bet real American dollars many Mormons read it way less than I did...any takers??...here's a hint..your gonna lose...millions of man and woman hours wasted pretend reading a boring horrid text of torture...yet I know children who are on the fourth reading of the entire Harry potter series...because they want to...imagine that...sorry joe..your bs just ain't that grand

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 08:47AM

I'd probably have been raised SDA.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.