Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:23AM

Humans can become LIKE god ? What kind of bullshit spin is this. If one thing mormonism has taught is that humans can become actual gods and create worlds without number.

It's yet another coverup.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samwitch ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:55AM

Mormons are masters of the weasel word. "Like" completely changes the meaning in this case. I wonder if they've also amended the temple ceremony with this word? Back in the 90s and early 2000s, they were still openly teaching future godhood for those who made it to the CK's highest level, at least in church contexts (not public ones).

Most religions have an end-game goal of becoming "like" their deities in certain ways.

Posted by: joan99 ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 08:39PM

The plan of eternal progression.
Men can become gods, have their own planets, have multiple wives to help create spirits for said planets. Mormons don't teach these things anymore? I've been out for awhile but that was part of the gospel that we were told needed to be re-established. One of those plain and precious things that had been forgotten along the way. When mainline christians talk about becoming like God, I believe they are speaking of something along the lines of sharing in God's life in heaven. Not bring promoted to godhood oneself.

Posted by: showntell ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 08:59PM

If LDS started teaching that man was saved by grace alone, the whole pyramid would collapse flat.

"Theological wiggle room"... on which planet? "You spirit chilluns wiggle over some, 'cause there's more comin'!"

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 09:19PM

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 03:43AM

"I don't know that we teach that any more . . . but I'm also sure
we don't teach it any less. ;)

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 04:10AM

It's part of the LDS attempts to mainstream. Other churches won't accept them if they continue with the theology of people becoming Gods.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:36PM

Whether someone believes in three separate beings or not, both are bullshit.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 09:54PM

abby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whether someone believes in three separate beings
> or not, both are bullshit.

abby-

I hadn't read your post, above mine, when I posted, but we both call the same thing, the same thing. Funny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2018 09:56PM by readwrite.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 09:26PM

"I'M NOT SURE 'we' "KNOW" ANYTHING" - although we BELIEVE 'ALL THINGS' (what does that mean?) [that "we" believe], HOPE against a lot of things and HATE many things... - so WE DON'T (REALLY) 'TEACH' [just] ”ANYTHING” anymore… though we WISH a little bit and [try to] bullshit a lot, we are just doing what God (really)[?] wants.

Absolutely NOTHING! (Say It Again)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.