Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 09:52AM

We are at near historic highs for visitors to exmormon.org. I just took a snapshot of our web server log for this week. I am not sure why we are experiencing such volume. We seem to have lots of newbies. Welcome!

Mon 211553
Tue 225114
Wed 229195
Thu 208003
Fri 233366

I recently bought software to make the site more mobile friendly and to use HTTPS. My biggest issue is time. This is the busy season, January - June, for performances and gigs. I play in 4 groups and fill in with others. It is the retirement I desired, but unfortunately leaves me little time for major site updates. Hopefully updates will be soon. Right now I have another practice at 10:30 this morning.

A big welcome to all. It is great to see so many returning to fill us in as to what is happening in their lives post Mormonism.

Eric

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 09:59AM

The number of lives you have touched is unimaginable!

On a personal note, your site is responsible for some of my most genuine and enduring friendships.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 10:00AM

Posted by: WastedO2 ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 02:45PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 10:01AM

That's lovely! Yes, there do seem to be a lot of newbies and returnees posing lately.

Welcome (or welcome back) to RfM everyone!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 10:17AM

This is the "Doctor Oz" site for all things Mormon.

Or Grand Central Station on any given day. :)

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:12AM

Doubt, begins slow but as more and more leave the church more doubt enters in and people start searching for answers.

It is just a matter of time ------ we just need to be patient!

Great job for making this site available to people searching and recovering!

Posted by: Jobim ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 10:17PM

As a spiritist myself, I don't remember ever seeing or talking to another one in here. I'm very curious now. Would you care to share a little of your background?

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:13PM

I am not really a 'spiritist' some people stated I have a lot of beliefs in common with them. However, I did change my screen name to indicate that is probably what my beliefs are close to.

I don't believe in religion however, believe in God, after life, and many things ------ because I have 'experienced' many things spiritual/supernatural.

Sorry if my screen name causes any confusion. I am actually a 'truth seeker' through whatever means possible.

Posted by: Nods ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:30AM

I admit it. RfM is board crack. Read it once, chances are, addiction follows.

It is such a rich source of information, community and support, that I see how anyone seeking answers about Mormonism could find them here, no matter the current phase of his or her healing journey.

I have to admit, though, Eric, that I would rather you play your instruments than upgrade the site. ;) I love the simplicity, the lack of icons and other bling. IMHO, the text-only setup "forces" the thought to convert feelings to words, enhancing, maybe even speeding, recovery. It did for me. To convert tears, a grimace and even laughter to words is a process which requires those first baby steps to begin anew.

Sometimes, I would stare at something I had typed, not believing the words that had flew out of me, from habit. Rubbish I actually posted was quickly identified as such. Change can be painful, so upgrade if you must. :)

Thanks for the site, and all you do, barely touches my gratitude for you and the mods.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 04:54PM

It is board crack i second that notion. Going from an organization that didn't know anything and didn't teach or tell me sh#t to a recovery board that seems to have people that have the information that you have been looking for your whole life. People actually know sh#t here and aren't a bunch of brainless arrogant b#stards in italian suits that just try to control you and suck you dry.

Posted by: StillBurnedNotLoggedIn ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 11:36AM

Well, as an observer of Mormonism... married to a thankfully no-longer-Mormon (who didn't go to the trouble of resigning, though I wish she had)... I enjoy the take that ex-Mormons have on things. I can preempt those reactivation attempts before they come. And, truthfully, before the last few weeks, I haven't been here in ages. Wanted to see the take on Monson croaking and the new bunch of old farts that take his place. Same old, same old, by the looks of it. I thought Nelson and Oaks looked mentally sharp in the first presidency news conference. Though Eyring looked a little doddering.

Date: January 20, 2018 12:28PM

They came to see the badass haha jk.

Posted by: Captain Klutz ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 01:30PM

Find it for the info...stay for the Badass?

Date: January 20, 2018 04:56PM

Yep, they just keep coming back haha.

Posted by: Jobim ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 10:15PM

As a nevermo, I found out about this board some 15 years ago, while researching mormonism. I had had several mission presidents as neighbors, and was curious to know to which degree it was weird and insane (a very high degree, I soon found out). I learned a lot about relationships here, and many exit stories were thrilling and moving at the same time.

I hadn't been on this board for a few years, and this week, out of the blue, I decided to take a look again. Seems I wasn't the only one, and I wonder why.

Now I'm becoming addicted once again ;-)

Date: January 20, 2018 11:40PM

It is a very high degree of weird and insanity you got that right. The more you learn the weirder it gets.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 09:04PM

You are a humble seeker of truth Jobim. Thank you for your pursuit. Your progeny will also thank you for it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:01PM

This board has been many things to me. Friends, humor, a place to show my writing. I developed my "voice" here.

Thanks, Eric K, for all you've done for us.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:09PM

I developed a noticeable twitch...

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 01:27PM

Me, too. Or mabe IBS. Same feeling in general. All of you help my days be better. Thank you Eric.

No worries, Eric but would it be possible to see a video of a performance? Even just audio? Jazz would be kool.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:18PM

A marvelous work and a wonder that is altering the world, one noob at a time.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 07:50PM

Thanks for all you do in and out of the field Eric. RFM. TEAMs

I love visitors!

What's up y'all? {to use, not abuse, a phrase}

What a great place to be to preach and teach, I mean, learn and grow and laugh and have a good time... online, around decent people, mostly.

Welcome to the club. No fees. Dues. Dude! Kick you're shoes off and up and HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE... or at least the time of your day.

This place ROCKS and ROLLS! (with or without trolls)

I've loved it the past 5 years!

I take TIME OUT of my day (I don't know what it was doing there in the first place) to be here sometimes and I'm not even a referee. Winning! (reference?)lol

M@t

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 01:14PM

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 02:20PM

People seeking truth, wisdom and happiness

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 08:59PM

Most of those hits are mine, Eric.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 23, 2018 08:59PM

Thank you for this site!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.