Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 12:01PM

Don't make fun too bad, there was no script, it is definitely a therapy video.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 12:50PM

Wow, just wow! If I didn’t already think you were quality stuff, this sure convinced me! What a heartfelt post, Badass.

Although I suspected, you’ve confirmed my observations that you’re warm, witty, and smart. Your smile and gentle voice spoke volumes.

Your video gave me lots of hope! You’re going to do well in this surgery, and will be in a position to move forward with your life. As you noted, each decade is getting better (no, you didn’t say it explicitly) but your 30s are a time of recovery, and your life will get better.

I’m truly sorry for the destruction and loss of friends you’ve experienced. I respect your feelings that there is a higher power guiding your healing. No one really knows how life works, but it’s precious.

Now, don’t give me any of your shit that you’re not a people person. Dude, you are a magnet for people. And you’re going to see it—people will be drawn to you. Yes, it will help to be away from a Mormon community, but that will happen once you’re out of pain.

I love you, man! I love your gentleness and strength. I love your perceptions about healing and recovery. And I love seeing you get better. Face it, Badass, you are an inspiration!

I wish I had better words...man, you’re awesome. Keep vlogging! You made my day hearing your words of hope and recovery. Even though it’s a hard time right now, your voice sparkled with warmth and hope. Thanks so much for posting! Da Bone

Date: January 17, 2018 01:04PM

Holy sh#t boner i was expecting to get made fun of for sure haha. I am pretty funny on the fly i have to admit i even make myself laugh when i watched it haha. I am about to see the doctor now, i guess i have to see him once before the surgery. I expect he will try to talk me out of it but if its hitting the nerve i want it fixed for sure, can't keep doing this acupuncture and meds thing anymore it is not healthy. Hopefully surgery doesn't set me back too far. But glad you liked the video haha no f#cking script and i went 27 minutes that is f#cking insane, that is longer than a cult leader could talk with a script hahaha. Maybe i will make more i think it did help me to make it. I am not too afraid of any repercussions. The leaders of the church are cowards and are just in love with that money and power and their false world and fake smiles to each other but stab you in the back when you are not looking smiles. But thanks boner glad you are my friend. Sorry i exposed your name on the tube haha. F#ck it.

Posted by: cynful ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 01:11PM

Awesome Adam!!! Fantastic!!!

So open and honest... way to go Badass!!! :-)

Date: January 17, 2018 01:17PM

Thanks, appreciate that.

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 01:46PM

How about a link? (Search for "badass" on youtube yields hundreds of links - none of them are yours)

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 02:28PM

you have to search for "words of the badass"

but, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqAoz5ME0IY

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 02:37PM

Everything you said was true... I commented there.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 02:48PM

It's cool to put a face to the name. :)

Date: January 20, 2018 05:26PM

A face with shades ;) haha.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 03:05PM

Your comment, "Even the psychologists and psychiatrists were mormon. You couldn't get help. There was nowhere to turn." was very impactful.

When you said that, every horror movie about being trapped in some inescapable nightmare ran through my mind.

Good "radio voice," Adam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 03:27PM by kathleen.

Date: January 17, 2018 10:20PM

It was a horror movie. I have only gotten real help a year and a half ago.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 11:18PM

Great job!!! Too bad you didn't indicate you were bearing your Exmo testimony of the LDS church. Maybe get a few Mormons to hit your video.

I liked the part where you indicated you have help from the 'other side' ------ because you do!! I have gotten help all my life.

Date: January 18, 2018 12:10PM

I don't really believe in the whole testimony thing. It was used by a cult to manipulate me and i want no part of it. It is only the words of the badass and nothing more.

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 12:35PM

And they are supposed to represent this so called church! Wow!these teens need to leave this cult and do something, they are bored and acting like no one will see us

Date: January 18, 2018 01:31PM

I know a lot of teens have died since i was a teenager and it pains me. I used to think my friends and i were the only ones that suffered from this cult but that has definitely not been the case from what i have read over the years. As long as i am alive and continue to get healthy they will feel it eventually i promise. The main players are dying off finally and the tide will turn.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 01:59PM

It takes a lot of courage to post YouTube videos of yourself ranting about having been a Mormon. Give yourself credit where it's due.

Don't worry about your weight so much. You resemble a younger John Goodman. He was the guy who played the father and husband on Roseanne. Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.

As for Roseanne Barr, she was a Jewish girl who grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah. She felt like an outcast there for being in a minority. She was also diagnosed with bi-polar disorder at some time during her youth. She learned to cope with it, and likely similar to you had Mormonism to thank for some of her mental disorder having been brought up in a similar environment without having been raised herself in the Mormon cult.

Have courage. Take heart. You will get through whatever you have to do, including the surgery next week.

Date: January 18, 2018 06:57PM

Haha john goodman is waaay bigger than i am. I like roseanne though she has been through some sh#t that not many experience. She didn't get to fame off talent that's for d@mn sure.

Date: January 18, 2018 07:01PM

I know most are afraid to expose themselves. I am done hiding. Getting out of hiding is critical for me to get better. Speaking as i really feel in the face of their made up god.

Posted by: False Doctrine ( )
Date: January 20, 2018 06:36PM

Thumbs up!

Date: January 20, 2018 06:44PM

Thanks, i found that it is extremely theurapuetic, even to listen to it days later. Don't ask me how it is but it is.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.