Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Foresight ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 12:35AM

He wasn't demoted. He was protected. He was spared from having to be so close to the new leadership. He's a MUCH better man than they are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 12:52AM

Dieter admitted that tscc has made serious mistakes regarding applications of principles, values, O.K.;
but admitting those mistakes was nearly completely hollow because they weren't followed up by correcting - resolving them...

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 01:12AM

TSCC is getting back on track by not admitting mistakes. Putting the church’s homophobia poster boy as first counselor is a message. The message is don’t expect progressive change and especially don’t expect any softening of LGBT policies.

They’re drawing just the right hard lines to get the persecution they’re looking for. Like the people who throw themselves in front of moving cars to collect an insurance settlement.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 02:18AM

I agree. Uchtdork will fortunately miss continually being told which way the wind blows by Oaks and Nelson while watching Eyring sob once again.

Oaks and Nelson will put on their uniforms of starched white shirts, drab ties, and dark suits and begin at once to get the shoddy members into tip-top shape, drilling into their psyches every chance they get that, "Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it." (with the "He" meaning those who get to speak to and for the Lord, you know, them-thar elites).

Uchtdorf is lucky. Who wants to work with these two who will, just as L. Whitney Clayton did in his conference talk, demand that members constantly obediently follow with "no caveats, no qualifications, and no limitations?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 02:19AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 03:41AM

you do have a point there. he should leave the cult, he's too good for the cult. in a way that would cause a huge dent in the cult for the tbms. it would be fun to watch

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 11:54AM

I'm not an Uchtdorf fan but I do appreciate his
"Doubt your Doubts". That's one of the messages that caused me to see TSCC for what it really is. Doubt your doubts, or in other words, pay no attention to documented history or established facts. Stop thinking & obey your church leaders.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 12:01PM

The whole movement of Dieter out of the First Presidency is interesting in that it also shows the power games in the church and how the leadership is focused on far more than just "serving the Lord".

And if it really doesn't matter "where you serve, but how you serve", then Dieter shouldn't have been disappointed at all with his demotion, right?

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 12:35PM

Nelson did what most Mormons also do on a local level - they select yes men who they are comfortable with.
Why would anyone be surprised?

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 12:46PM

If anybody would make a stand and walk away it might be that guy.

Posted by: pilgrim ( )
Date: January 17, 2018 04:15PM

I felt sorry for this good man when Nelson said, "Yes, we are white, Yes, we are Americans...."

Good grief. I don't think Dieter liked it much either, judging from his facial expressions.

Posted by: anonski2! ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 08:32AM

pilgrim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I felt sorry for this good man when Nelson said,
> "Yes, we are white, Yes, we are Americans...."
>
> Good grief. I don't think Dieter liked it much
> either, judging from his facial expressions.

whoa...he said that?

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 18, 2018 02:00PM

Here's an article from the Desperate News about Dieter's FB post yesterday. He says he's fine and don't worry about him being demoted.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865695158/Elder-Dieter-F-Uchtdorf-responds-to-questions-comments-I-am-just-fine-he-writes.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.