Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 12:51PM

Utah could be the happiest place on Earth if they replaced tithing with skiing. So much potential for happiness... we need a billboard that says "strengthen families with skiing, not tithing"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:55PM

...and up the happiness factor by going skiing on Sunday! No boring meetings and more money for the ski lifts...that is a win-win!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 02:40PM

Skiing looks so fun, but I haven't lived around snow since I grew up, so I never learned to do it.

Date: January 16, 2018 03:19PM

I'm a horrible skier. Still it is super fun. Just don't be in the same lift chair as me because I will take you out as I flail at the top of the lift trying to do a graceful dismount.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 03:58PM

Don't screw up my Sunday skiing!!!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 02:16PM

Quite a deal--can make 13 runs in a matter of a few hours, don't even have to stop when getting on the ski lift.

He loved Colorado, but he said driving home from ski resorts up by Summit County (in CO) took 4 to 5 hours to drive down from. He lives 30 minutes from the ski resort. He loves it.

So we don't want to mess things up for the nonmormons/exmormons by telling the mormons the secret.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 04:13PM

IIRC, Boulder to Vail was about a two hour one-way trip back in my college days. It was the preferred area for my friends, so that's where we almost always went. The weather was often very different from one side of the Continental divide to the other. It could be snowing on one side and sunshine on the other.

I took ski classes for P.E. credit at a local slope, Eldora, which was about 30 minutes away. The school even sent us on a bus! It wasn't bad at all for a smaller ski area.

But you're right, Utahns can often be on a world-class slope a whole lot faster than Coloradans can be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 04:15PM by summer.

Date: January 16, 2018 08:23PM

for several years after his divorce. He also helped handicapped ski. I can't think of the places up in Summit County that he used to ski. He lived in Longmont, so the drive was longer than if he had been in Denver or Boulder.

Date: January 16, 2018 08:27PM

BUT they are TBM, but they ski. He is 86 and she is about 80. They've skied all their lives since college at least. They live close to the mouth of Big and Little Cottonwood. All their family skis. They used to work at Wolf Creek in Colorado teaching ski lessons so their kids could go skiing. They didn't have a lot of money, but all of them ski, and all their grandkids ski.

I used to ski back in my 20s up into early 30s. Now I think I'd break a leg. My boyfriend got me snowshoes this year as I've always wanted some, so I'll try that out if we get some good snow. I LOVED skiing.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 02:50PM

Absolutely! My children and I went inactive together, and took to the slopes on Sundays! In those days, it was even less crowded.

--Actually, it's cheaper than paying tithing.
--Exercise is good for you
--Endorphins lift depression.
--Leaving the cult ended the Sunday depression
--Even with an inversion in the valley, there's sunshine up in the mountains.
--You start the work week invigorated and uplifted
--It gives you something to look forward to (instead of dreading Sundays)
--A family that plays together, stays together.

Date: January 15, 2018 04:11PM

It's a great family bonding activity if you have the money. And I've felt a greater sense of peace on top of a ski mountain than I've ever felt in any church.

Date: January 16, 2018 04:15PM

It's cheaper than tithing if you budget for it. I live 9 miles from the base of Snowbird and 11 to Alta. I've had 5 sets of mormon neighbors with 6+ kids that never learned to ski- they said they couldn't afford it. I've skied in every US state that has snow skiing (except for North Carolina) (even made 3 runs in Hawaii) and on 3 continents.Utah has the best powder in the world. (sorry Summer, Vail's pow is close, though). To have kids grow up in the shadow of world class skiing, where people from all over the world spend their hard earned money to get here, and not plan to be able to teach your kids to ski, is criminal. Like growing up in the Florida Keys and not teaching your kids how to scuba dive.

Date: January 16, 2018 06:40PM

I'm not going to argue about Utah's powder being superior. :) I never knew a Coloradan who would. But I will argue that for overall skiable terrain, Vail trumps anything in Utah.

When I ski-bummed back in my youth, I worked at Beaver Creek. But I had a dual pass to both BC and Vail, so it was really rather a heavenly experience.

Date: January 16, 2018 08:07PM

I'm not sure what you call skiable terrain. but Park City is great. My cousin was an instructor at A-Basin. Not a prestigious place, but his off trail, hidden runs were the best in the world.
Zany Sunday was a blast as well.

Posted by: mightybuffalo ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 04:20PM

Man I wish the snow were better this year though! Wife works at park city so we get free EPIC passes. Few times I've gone up were terrible...

Anyone know a snow dance?

Date: January 15, 2018 04:30PM

Yeah, same news from Vail -- not much of the white stuff.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 05:01PM

Even though the snow is not that great this year, I am all for the Mormons to keep the Sabbath day holy!!!

It is crowded enough at the ski resorts on Sunday with the 'celestial bound' in church!

When I meet a 'Mormon' on the slopes on Sunday I let them know how disappointed I am in them!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 02:34PM

I was 12. I was very impressionable. I had spent the previous summer with my ultra MORmON grandparents on their isolated mountain ranch. observing my MORmON grandparent's MORmONISM inspired super spartan monastic existence was transcendent -but not necessarily in a good way. I had just committed to serving a full time / FOOL time MORmON mission when the time finally came ..... just as filthy disgusting self interested manipulative and demanding MORmON leaders intended, but that just was not good enough for the soul sucking, blood sucking, life consuming parasitic cult worm known as MORmONISM. MORmONISM ALWAYS has to have MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE including MORe MONey !!!!!

Family Reunions were grindingly agonizingly exceptionally boring affairs where the main topic was THE church and how THE family was doing relative to THE church. but I did not know much better because I had ALWAYS been trapped in the soul sucking suffocating MORmON bubble!!!! At least the scenery was fairly good.

One of my mom's cousin's was married to a guy name Johnny. Johnny had a remarkable resemblance to Jonathan Winters. Same build. Combed his hair the same way. Same facial features. Same looks except with red hair and freckles which only accentuated the comic effect. And a Crazy infectious laugh with a comedic sense of humor. Johnny also liked to work on cars. This was right at the start of the 1970's and people had been NUTS about cars through the 1960's. Interest in cars had cooled off a little, but it was still RED HOT with intensity. Johnny, that red headed car loving bastard would occasionally talk about cars, including his race car and his friends race cars. When he did it was like a breath of fresh air running through the stale suffocating MORmONISM dominated environment. I loved it when he did and it must have been apparent.

I would purposely hang around Johnny just hoping and praying that the topic of cars would some how come up to break the agonizing BORING monotony of MORmONISM dominated conversation that prevailed in our MORmON family. ( Jesus fucking Christ do not people ever get their fill of "THE" CRAP!!!) I also knew that I really was not allowed to bring up an alternative subject in the MORmONISM dominated bubble. OF course in MORmONISM, interest in anything besides MORmONISM is a distraction and a detraction from the Lord's super critical latter day work, and that means a sin.

My grandmother was an old woman who appeared to be basically harmless. She had noticed my enthusiasm for the alternate subject of cars. THAT had to be dealt with. In several hours of conversation, in our little sub group, the topic of cars had come up several times. After the last time, I was enjoying my automotive diversion from MORmONISM WAY TOO MUCH. as a MORmON enforcement agent, my grandmother would have to act cautiously just as she was also going to have to deal with this automotive threat to MORmON domination and sovereignty, especially as the subversive automotive ithreat was encroaching on a susceptible young mind that Horror of Horrors was overtly enjoying something besides the themes of the all important MORmON religion.

My grandmother slid closer toward our little sub group. closer toward me. Just like a proper character assassin, My grandmother had to time her shot, so it was recent enough to be pertinent to me, but she had to make sure that it was only heard by me, so that it did not disclose the insider workings of THE family's very functional MORmON gestapo.

As soon as circumstances allowed exclusive conveyance, grandma mentioned her stinging message to me. she said to me: "ohh ohh (with intended distress) I heard that Johnny paid for that race car with his tithing money."

HORROR of HORRORS ! a grown man had taken money that he had earned and spent it on something he wanted instead of giving the money to the blood sucking vipers at LD$ inc first !!! OH NO!!!!! some one actually having fun, and doing it outside of the all important context of MORmONISM.

many years later, as an adult. I stayed at Johnny's widow's house for a week end, due to job related travel. Johnny had tragically died of cancer. There was a truck outfitted for hauling go carts at the house. there were go carts. fun loving mechanically minded Johnny had made the transition from cars
to go cart racing because it was something that he could do with his children. Johnny's children recounted the wonderful times and memories that they had with their father as they had done go cart racing together, before Johnny had passed away. In my mind, my MORmON grandmother kept circling around, sliding past me and uttering her nasty remark in retooled form: "Johnny paid for that go cart racing with his tithing money"

My super fucking ass hole (FUCKING ASSHOLE !!!!) MORmON enforcement agent male parent certainly would not have made that same mistake with tithing money, so quite in spite of my MORmON mother's insistence, I do not have any fond memories of him. But by MORmON god -the lower head lord MORmON Jesus , Not only did that fucking asshole pay his MORmON tithing but he made sure that his children's funds were similarly looted by LD$ Inc !!!

Now, LD$ inc has a luxury mall at CCC with a luxury condo tower ......that still does not have a legit tenant in it !!!!!!
THANK MORmON GOD that our family was sucked dry for such BS !!!!

...and poor Johnny and his kids. all they have is fond memories of interacting with each other, doing things like go cart racing, instead of being able to know that they contributed to the wretched obscene excess of filthy vile LD$ Inc at CCC!!!

(believe it or not) I normally try to avoid tirades that go to this extent but this time I am just going to let it fly.

FUCK!!!! those thieving god damned ASSpostHOLES that run LD$ Inc's MORmON church scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Grandma, you looked like a nice old lady, but your comment to me on who was paying tithing OR NOT, ultimately showed me just how much of nasty disgusting god damn MORmON bitch/ WHORE that YOU really were / are. I do not have any fond memories of you either, as they have been canceled out by knowing how and what you really are. A person should be careful when they decide to be a MORmON enforcement agent over other normal roles, it might be what they get remembered for in the long run !!!!!!!!

Date: January 16, 2018 03:38PM

I LOVE your tirade! My stupid parents threw every cent and free time they had left over to the crummy cult too. My fondest memories of being with my family centered around the time my father was inactive for a few years.

It would have been so much better for all of us if they were never mormon. It certainly would have been better for all of us if they never trusted or went into business with fellow mormons...but that is another story.

BTW - I bought this computer with my tithing money...

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 08:31PM

praydude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> BTW - I bought this computer with my tithing
> money...

EXCELLENT !!!!!! much better than some MORmON ASSpostHOLE having another pair of gold cuff links that the ASSpostHOLE does not even need or use.

3 billion dollars is 33 tons of 100 dollar bills, PRofit Big SHOT so *generously* gave 3 hunskies to the local boys clubs because LD$ Inc felt compelled to give back to the community https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxlQ68tIpc

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.