Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 07:03PM

Covertly and coy.

Last week I saw one of them in the milk refrigerator where a gallon jug normally rests. "Are You Going To Heaven?" it's titled.

Today saw one again on a store shelf in between goods. Same brochure inconspicuous to all except for the person perusing that food section.

It is very rude of JW to take advantage of the public space in a privately owned store setting. Proselytizing is illegal inside the store. So should be leaving tracts.

It is disrespectful and tactless of them. More reason why I avoid them like the plague.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 07:21PM

Free negative PR.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 08:12PM

The nerve!!!

Is it time yet for a class action littering lawsuit?

Date: January 13, 2018 08:49PM

Timing is everything.

My former Messianic rabbi was two steps ahead of me last week near the refrigerator section.

I hadn't seen him in seven years when I saw him near the JW tract in the store. It's the very type of thing he talks about incessantly at Messianic services.

Talk about fortuity!

I left there because it reminded me too much like a cult.

Haven't felt that way since joining a regular Jewish service.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 10:11PM

It's like the JWs who sit around at roadside rest areas confronting travelers who need to use the facilities. They also tuck their materials in with hospital fliers in waiting rooms and put them on coffee tables in national park and travel visitor centers. I had to use a laundromat when I was traveling and threw out piles of their materials set out for people to read while their clothes dried. I have no respect for those tactic.

Date: January 14, 2018 07:22AM

The sheer nerve of them.

I was approached by one at a service station in St George while on vacation there, as I was filling up my car. He said he was with JW. I was expecting him to be on some kind of crusade to try and convert me.

Instead he started talking to me about why he moved there to retire, yada yada.

He didn't say one word to me about religion other than what it felt like to be a minority in St George.

Posted by: ANON 2 ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 11:46PM

Are these the same one that tapes the coupons on the paper towels? Much appreciated but they leave too many coupons. You get stuck behind them.

Date: January 14, 2018 07:19AM

Don't think so. LOL.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 02:20AM

"More reason why I avoid them like the plague."

That's why they need to hide brochures on store shelves in the first place . . . .

Date: January 14, 2018 07:16AM

Both wasteful and disrespectful of others. If the good Samaritan really wanted to help he could help to pay for the groceries of the less fortunate.

It also creates more work for the employees who will have to clean up after them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 07:18AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 02:52AM

Sad. Some of them are very poor and they pay for that crap outta their own pockets.

Date: January 14, 2018 07:14AM

If it's the Messianic rabbi leaving them he would pay for them out of the synagogue coffers.

Posted by: Britboy ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 06:19AM

I don't think it's Jehovah's witnesses as they don't have a tract or leaflet with that title. As Jehovah's witnesses believe only the 144,000 go to heaven it would seem a strange title for them! I suggest more likely a Evangelical group!

Date: January 14, 2018 07:13AM

You may be right. Just looked for it online; it is a Christian tract, not JW. Someone pays 2.49 for 25 of them so they can plaster them wherever they take a fancy.

On second thought it might have been the Messianic rabbi dropping them around the store at strategic locations.

Still tacky considering they will end up in the landfill and it is disrespectful of others shopping to be left alone from proselytizing.

https://www.christianbook.com/you-going-heaven-redesign-pack-tracts/6635757352/pd/735052

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.