Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: esias ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:32AM

Thomas, who?

One thing: Wasn't he with the Coke problem?

Bless you, it was Pepsi. Did the widow-loving fizz-swilling one really say, "Show her the backhand, all women know the backhand!"?

This follows a noble and honorable tradition, a And you know where you stand, when speaking as a man -- when the wave the white hanky -- when Morg profits go BAD:

1. "As I say, it never ceases to amaze me how gullible some of our Church members are"

- Harold B. Lee, "Admonitions for the Priesthood of God", Ensign, Jan 1973

2. “I don’t know how the missionaries find some of the people they find.” said President Hinkley - “the FBI can’t find them, the police can’t find them, but our missionaries find them” [laughter]. Why is that?

3. "God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are." - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

4. "I don’t want Mormonism to become to popular... we would be overrun by the wicked." Brigham Young, 15th May 1864.

5. "The Mormon Church is, at its heart, sick and dysfunctional. manipulatively using phobias and fantasies to pursue power and to effectuate "unrighteous dominion" over the lives and resources of both individuals and governments. There are nice and sincere (albeit gullible) people within the ranks of Mormon believers but the institution of the Mormon Church itself is rotten to the core." Steve Benson, board post 13th June 2012, Why The Mormon Church Is An Institution In A State of Moral Decay and General Decline (see Recovery from Mormonism)

6. "We're not a cult. I'm not an idiot, you know. I've read a couple of books and I've been to a pretty good school, and I have chosen to be in this church because of the faith that I feel and the inspiration that comes. I've met people, and if people want to call us a cult, they can call us a cult and you can call us a cult, but we are 14-million and growing, and I'd like to think that your respect for me would be enough to know that this man doesn't seem like a dodo." Elder Holland, interview This World: The Mormon Candidate

7. "Like Warren Jeffs, Joseph Smith engaged in sex with underage girls (despite what robo-Mos dependent on FAIR propaganda peddling may wish to to believe - and as proven by Mormon history itself) ...

... Smith's moves to seduce other men's wives were so brazen and notorious that they led one distraught husband--Orson Pratt--to attempt suicide in Nauvoo on 15 July 1842 ...
Smith's first known sexual affair was with a teenager named Fannie Alger, who was living with Smith and his first wife Emma in their Kirtland, Ohio, home. Fanny was also Smith's first confirmed plural wife. Smith ‘came to know [her] in Kirtland during early 1833 when she, at the age of 16, stayed at his home as a housemaid. Described as 'a very nice and comly young woman,' according to Benjamin Johnson, Fanny lived with the Smith family from 1833 to 1836.’ ...

" As part of Smith's brimming quiver of teenager brides, in May 1843, in Smith's Nauvoo store, he married an underage 14-year-old female named Helen Mar Kimball. Helen's father, Heber C Kimball, officiated the wedding of his underage daughter to Smith." Steve Benson, History not Mystery: Joseph Smith Was a Pedophile (as confirmed by even Mormon sources), Board post 17th March 2012 (see Recovery from Mormonism)

8. "The Incredibly Shrinking Con Cult Corporation Of Creepy Crinkly Men!" esias board post

9. "A Guide to Self-Control:

1. Never touch the intimate parts of your body except during normal toilet processes. Avoid being alone as much as possible. Find good company and stay in this good company ...

3. When you bathe, do not admire yourself in a mirror. Never stay in the bath more than five or six minutes - just long enough to bathe and dry and dress and then get out of the bathroom into a room where you will have some member of your family present.

4. When in bed, if that is where you have your problem for the most part, dress yourself for the night so securely that you cannot easily touch your vital parts, and so that it would be difficult and time consuming for you to remove those clothes. By the time you started to remove protective clothing you would have sufficiently controlled your thinking that the temptation would leave you.

5. If the temptation seems overpowering while you are in bed, get out of bed and go into the kitchen and fix yourself a snack, even if it is in the middle of the night, and even if you are not hungry, and despite your fears of gaining weight. The purpose behind this suggestion is that you get your mind on something else. You are the subject of your thoughts, so to speak ..." Mark E Peterson, letter in the Missionary Guide c.1970.

10. "This little factory moves quietly into operation as a normal and expected pattern of growth and begins to produce the life-giving substance. It will do so perhaps as long as you live. It works very slowly. That is the way it should be. For the most part, unless you tamper with it, you will hardly be aware that it is working at all.

As you move closer to manhood, this little factory will sometimes produce an oversupply of this substance. The Lord has provided a way for that to be released. It will happen without any help or without any resistance from you." Boyd K Packer, Church-wide pamphlet For Young Men Only 1976-2006.

Thomas, who?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.