Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Top and pop ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 02:14AM

Believe that all apostates are defective. No one denies it. All scatter when I arrive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 02:52AM

Most are heritics.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 06:42AM

Apostate cooties are the worst kind. Cuz Stan.

Maybe deep down they know it’s all a sham, so they do everything they can to protect their fragile little world.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 03:18PM

It is a little world that keeps getting smaller the longer i go.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 07:25AM

You left mormonism only because you wanted to sin.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 06:57PM

Absolutely!!!!!!!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 11:30AM

Let them scatter. Who would want to hang out with those kind of people anyway. I've said before that the silver lining of resignation is that you find out who your real friends and family were and who just felt a cult-kinship with you.

Two of my current (and lifetime) BFFs are people I met at the church I now attend. They have both moved on to something that worked better for them and yes, I miss them in the congregation, but it didn't change our friendship a bit. If anything it's stronger because we have to make more time for each other. We meet for dinner or drinks after work often, and phone/text a lot. As a mormon, I never knew what that kind of real friend even was.

Posted by: michaells ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 12:27PM

defective

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 12:43PM

One of my dearest, old friends at church phoned me around christmas. She went on about how everyone misses me and why haven't I been to church in such a long time?

I drew a huge breath and told her how innocently I stumbled onto ex-mormon stuff while listening to the motab on youtube. I went on for over 10 minutes cramming in everything huge and relevant to answering her question. I let her know how it all made me sick inside from living a lie for 40 years.

She listened to the end and said "you are making ME sick" then hung up.

Ce la vie! I am lousy with apostate cooties!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 12:45PM by cutekitty.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 04:41PM

What a nasty woman.

She asked for it.

I'd like to know how she expected that conversation to progress when she picked up the phone and called you.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:27PM

I suspect that she didn't care a lick about how the phone call went; that it went 'badly', from her perspective, just made it juicier, because the only real meaningful reason for making the call was so that she could talk about it later, in ward council, or just as pure gossip.

The principle reason for the call was to brag about having made it.

Posted by: afraid of mormons ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 06:39PM

Exactly what my reply was going to be. I'm sure that woman uses it as one of her faith-promoting stories.

Obviously, she never did have any real feelings for CuteKitty.

"Let them scatter. Who would want to hang out with those kind of people anyway. I've said before that the silver lining of resignation is that you find out who your real friends and family were and who just felt a cult-kinship with you." Too true, Norma Rae.

My elderly, widowed aunt had recently resigned from the cult, after serving in the RS and as organist for her ward, for over 40 years. We went to visit her at a few Christmases ago, and there was about 3 feet of snow in her area. Every house had their driveways, walkways, and sidewalks completely cleared, all up and down her street--except for her house! I took a picture of it, and captioned it, "Which is the apostate's house?" She said the Mormons had cleared the other widow's house, who was a ward member, and the bishop's house (who could have done it himself), and the never-mormons' houses, to impress them. Someone had even cleared the vacant house next door. What a demonstration! We all immediately shoveled away the snow for her, and we still do. She's too nice to be treated like that.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 12:51PM

Ex-mormonism is the Reefer Madness of the latter days.

Posted by: jackman ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 01:12PM

There was a high counselor who gave a talk in church a few months back. He said that if the husband leaves the church the wife is sure to follow. Because like women can't think and make decisions for themselves. Bleeeehh!
My mostly TBM wife was expressing her frustration over this talk. I think this sentiment is probably on of the reasons why she is still hanging on to the church. Because if she leaves then it gives credibility to this ignorant, chauvinist high councilor.

To make matters worse, for several months she has felt very forgotten in the ward as if she is already a lost cause because her husband is an apostate.

I feel bad for her but I also secretly hope she joins me here in outer darkness. She also hopes I will come back into the faith and join her so I guess that makes us even.

Posted by: Like wow ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 01:36PM

The idea that apostates are "defective", is "institutionalized".

The church and it's teaching subtly and sometimes not subtly tell members that only those wishing to sin, lazy, angry, gay, etc leave.

No one is going to say to you,. Hey I respect you...tell me what your thoughts are about leaving. Let me review your sources.

All believing Mormons think an apostates is defective. If they ask for real reasons and actually have a rational conversation... They aren't true believers. They aren't interested in truth just feelings.

Just my two cents.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 01:52PM

Defective. Yes. As in unable to resist the temptations of the Adversary. As in easily fooled by Lucifer. Defective as in having lost your morality.

And there is no way to make them understand that by and large exMos are better than before by a long shot. And so you go to see the family and they are polite. Polite like you would be in a business meeting with a an underhanded sneaky fellow employee in attendance and you take the highroad because you don't want to be seen as the problem. The Mormons want to be seen as magnanimous.

So I go to see the family and they are nice but the elephant in the room is that they see me as defective. They want to protect their children from me. They are doing their duty knowing when we die they won't see me anymore so why put much into the relationship? And I look at them and I think you really aren't going to have to wait that long before you don't have to see me anymore because I am about done.

Why didn't I quit the family years ago? Why do I do my duty? Why do I keep feeding Dumbo?

Posted by: Rt hammil ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 02:00PM

That it's hard to be around them when they see poeple who are unafraid of speaking up as defective. Me included.

At first they deny. But when you ask reasons why people leave you get lazy, want to sin, as answers.

When you say ...so you think that about me. They don't deny and don't ask for real reasons.

The church is more important then family.

In that sense, just like Scientology.

Posted by: anon this time ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 02:16PM

Personally, I don't mind if they see me as defective, because that's precisely how I see them. Willfully ignorant, blindly obedient, gullible, thoughtless sheep… sounds pretty defective to me.

Good thing (for them) that they don't say any of it aloud to me, because I have a LOT more ammo than they do. Maybe they suspect that.

Posted by: anon as well ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 02:31PM

The entity is defective.

The entity has successfully convince otherwise normal people to think only with feelings and not with intellect.

They've been duped like they were children.

But I think it all may be coming to a head, and mormons will have to wake up, become adults and pay attention.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 03:00PM

Mormon syllogism:

Premise one: The Church is the way the gospel is given to us.

Premise two: The gospel is God's way of making us all
deliriously happy and is the best thing in the universe.

Premise three: Apostates are not happy with the gospel.

---------------------------------------------

Conclusion: There's something wrong with apostates.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.