Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 11:03PM

Once I was tasked to set up folding chairs in the 'cultural hall' ... er Gym for PH;

I forget if I was voluntold or assumed this myself...

Regardless, I looked at the room, looked at the chairs, and Voila!

I set the chairs in (two concentric) Circles!

The look on the brethurines faces when they came in?

PRICELESS!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 11:18PM

Did you know the area between concentric circles is called the "annulus"?

Yeah, I looked it up, but "annulus" just sounds like something a priesthood meeting would have.....

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 11:43PM

Ha ha...good one. I always got stuck with the folding chairs as a kid.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:10AM

My favorite of all times is the Brother Kotexhead! I hope the owner of that one shows up again!

Posted by: browser ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 10:21AM

Aquarius123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My favorite of all times is the Brother Kotexhead!
> I hope the owner of that one shows up again!

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2023924,2023945

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 07:28AM

I can't remember if I was a deacon or teacher, but I was ordered into the cultural hall to set up chairs for PH. Soon I had my friend assisting me. He came up with the wild idea of setting them up in a continuous line from one end of the basketball court to the other. We also had them facing the opposite direction as if we were going to play musical chairs. More youth arrived to help us set them up in a long line. Of course, the YM pres walked in and flipped out. "Are you guys brain dead? You would think that you would know how to properly set up the chairs by now."

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 07:42AM

EDIT: Sorry for the abrupt topic change! I misread the title of the thread when I originally posted and thought it was a thread for telling our favorite Morg stories! Didn't mean to hijack - please feel free to ignore!

In the last few months of my time in the church, we got a new bishopric. The previous bishop and his counselors were extremely kind men, but the new bishop was a bit of a prick. One morning before sacrament, he asked me if I would bless the sacrament because not enough kids were there to bless and pass. I said I'd be happy to pass, but I'd rather not bless - I have a problem with reading out loud (I can do it, but I stammer a bit) and get anxiety in situations like that (plus I knew the print on the prayer card is quite small). He insisted that he wanted me to say the prayer, so I agreed.

When it came time to say the prayer, I went through the card slowly and deliberately. I glanced over at the bishop and he shook his head - the prayer had to be repeated. Ugh. I said it again - still no. This went on 3 more times before I got pissed. I put my finger on the card and read each word individually - the bishop still shook his head, indicating the prayer would need to be repeated. At this point I was pissed and embarrassed, so I just walked away. The first counselor (a friend of mine) rushed over and said the prayer. The bishop indicated that he, too, was incorrect. He removed the card from the pull-out microphone and took it over to the bishop. They whispered back and forth for a couple minutes, then the bishop started to blush. The prayer was repeated (as I had said it multiple times) and the bishop sheepishly nodded his approval.

After the sacrament was passed, the counselor conducting the meeting joked that the bread was extremely blessed that morning. The first counselor told me after the meeting that the bishop had memorized the sacrament prayer incorrectly. That didn't stop him from being OUTRAGEOUSLY pissed at me for walking away. I went inactive not long after. Screw that guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 12:30PM by sparty.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 09:44AM

What an asshole BP! That's probably why they called him in the first place.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 09:59AM

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 11:43AM

Because God is extremely word-for-word precise about the wording of sacrament prayers, but he didn't give exact directions on how to do multi-wifery in D&C 132, which is, you know, the New and Everlasting Covenant.

Mormonism: providing God's word for 180 years, except when it's inconvenient...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.