Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 03:28PM

What a term. Sounds positively Catholic.

I wonder when the prophet gets a funny hat for public appearances. We all know he has a crown for the temple.

"After a considerable parade and ceremony, we passed into another room, or Celestial Kingdom. Here I saw some of the Twelve, and particularly Brigham Young, with a white crown upon his head, and as I have since been told, representing God himself."
http://www.ldsendowment.org/emeline.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 04:40PM

Only between 2am and 4 am

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 04:53PM

Its strongest during the super moon at high tide.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 06:20PM

I'm guessing that if you could pin ol' Scratch down about this, he would say "Mormons? Oh yeah, isn't that the bunch headquartered in Utah with an inflated sense of their own importance and all of those weird rules?"

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:15PM

He would probably say they are part of his Great And Spacious Building Project.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:34PM

I hate it when I go in for my yearly checkup and the doctor sticks his finger up my interregnum.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 09:48PM

It is far more likely that the "prophet" is an agent of Stan and, thus, during the period without the "prophet" Stan is missing his right hand man!

(NOTE: I do not believe in Stan.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 09:49PM by rhgc.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 11:25PM

apostolic in the rectum

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 12:56PM

The thing is, Lucifer's powers are heightened for a myriad of reasons, to the extent that his power is heightened and re heightened ALL OF THE TIME. In fact, Lucifer's power is heightened so often and so much that he is much more powerful than Jesus, to the extent that Lucifer gets a LOT MORE DONE than dead wood Jesus -who can not even show up for His own second coming.

It seems that IF Jesus was really serious about getting anything done for the sake of good, then Jesus should recruit Lucifer over to the Jesus side of things, but then again, lazy ass Jesus can not get much of anything done -including working on recruiting Lucifer. I mean, sure, Jesus had the power to resurrect Himself from the dead, but that does NOT mean that Jesus has the power to instill Himself with ambition !!!!! so that HE could get some stuff done!!!

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: January 16, 2018 02:17PM

Yeah...from a Mormon perspective it's like a mini version of the "great apostasy."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.