Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 01:59PM

This all seems very predictable (that the young mom would find an adoptive family for the child)...but she's really making herself very identifiable and public by doing this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5257977/Moment-18-year-old-hands-newborn-baby-adoptive-mother.html

Won't she be shunned by the LDS Church and her family for this pre-marrital pregnancy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 02:31PM

Who "falls" pregnant??

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 03:47PM

unmarried mothers who 'fall' into sin - that's who 'falls pregnant'.

Posted by: Noah Webster ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 05:51PM

"Fall pregnant" is UK English idiom.

You must be another one of those highly scientifically trained, deeply critical thinkers that RfM is so famous for all over the Internet.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 05:54PM

The British are famous for 'falling pregnant' but they could end it all if they just stopped going 'round and 'knocking up' their friends and acquaintances!!

Date: January 11, 2018 07:43PM

Who died and made you shithead?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 01:18AM

succinct

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 06:01PM

+1

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 08:20PM

VERY British language.

Date: January 11, 2018 02:34PM

And it also appears that he got her pregnant before going on his mission. I've known a handful of guys who have done this, plus one who hadn't, but confessed that he had so that he would be kicked out of language training, which he hated.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 02:41PM

cludgie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...plus one who hadn't,
> but confessed that he had so that he would be
> kicked out of language training, which he hated.

I am very likely the only person on this board who is interested in the answer to this question...but I really, really AM INTERESTED in the answer to this question...

Do you happen to know what language it was???

[I care about languages...and how they are learned (by adults, as well as by children)...and which languages (or language families) people like or dislike, or think are "easier," or more difficult)...and I have been asking questions like this since I was in seventh grade. :) ]

Date: January 11, 2018 07:42PM

He was my temporary companion during Italian language training in the old Allen Hall, corner of 100East 700 North, in Provo. He and I missed our girlfriends so much, but he was practically pathological about it. He told me what his plan was, then came to say goodbye after he was on his way home. The "leadership," such as it was, did not tell us anything, except that the elder had left the LTM.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 08:11PM

cludgie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He was my temporary companion during Italian
> language training...

Thank you, cludgie...he must have been feeling totally cornered by [his] life.

I hope he made it out okay...meaning: I hope he is now an exmormon, and living a life that is much better for him.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 10:35PM

Me too . I had no trouble learning German,Scandinavian languages, Dutch, but can't learn French for some reason. I can pick up Slavic languages too, I even learned some Japanese from my Okinawan friend and Korean from my Korean friend in the 80s, but only conversational, basic level , I can't learn characters to save my life. Is there a way to learn a hard language easily?
I admit most of the ones I learned were in high school and after.
I know when you're young it's easier.
I want to learn Québécois French, French is spoken too fast to pick up to understand, hard to pronounce,

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 03:35PM

right after getting pregnant and giving their kids up for adoption. They subsequently "fall pregnant" (rolling my eyes) shortly thereafter.

So what really is the issue here? Why all the pain? Why don't they just hang on to their babies and wait a short time until they are able to "find a dad" for them?

I know this sounds facetious but I'm being serious here.

I know of one young TBM in this situation who got married and began having kids right after she gave up a baby for adoption. Tell me, what is the purpose of the pain that young mother was forced to suffer watching her children grow knowing that she gave up her first-born.

Clearly its all about appearances. And a lot of young RM TBM young men who don't want to raise someone else's child.

It's very sad.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 04:13PM

I, too, know a girl who gave her baby up, then got married shortly later and had loads more kids. Thing is, her parents would have supported her keeping the kid, but the way she had been indoctrinated in YW for years, she felt she MUST have it adopted as two parents are better than one.

I'm glad that after this event, other girls in the stake kept their kids and attitudes changed a little, but too late for the girl I knew, and her family. Position within the siblings has a lot to do with it too, all drummed in over years of programming.

sad, very sad for all concerned. the kid will still think 'why did she give me away?' and worse - why did she keep her susequent kids?. That is how the 'sins of the father' visit the children - they suffer for our actions.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 05:44PM

Looks like the parents had him murdered in his sleep.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 05:55PM

You think they put him on his shield before or after?

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 07:53PM

I was wondering if he had been sent home and committed suicide.

Posted by: buffer ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 08:20PM

His obit and social pages are still out there. One said his death was the result of a seizure. It's easy to think the worst or scoff, but it seems he was a highly treasured member of his family and community.

I may be mistaken, but I think one of his instagram pics is with his baby's mother.

I think his death at so young an age must have left large holes in many lives.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 10:52PM

"pre-marital sex" (pre-marriage) ... suggests they should or Must get married after they've done the loving thing;

aren't we Past That???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 11:34PM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.