Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 08:39PM

While Thomas Monson patiently awaits his burial, his pure and holy words come to mind against the rising tide of potty-mouthness drowning the world today:

"In the world today there is a profusion of profanity with which we seem to be surrounded at nearly every turn. . . . Bandied about are slanderous remarks and angry rhetoric. Let us speak to others with love and respect, ever keeping our language clean and avoiding words or comments that would wound or offend. May we follow the example of the Savior, who spoke with tolerance and kindness throughout His ministry."

("Be an Example and a Light," by President Thomas S. Monson, under "General Conference Talks about Profanity," LDS Church General Conference, October 2015, https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/be-an-example-and-a-light?lang=eng)
____

In the spirit of this sentiment, let us step into the goo:

--A Complainer posed this thoughtful question to me today, subject-lined "dikhead cartoonist":

"When are you going to learn how to draw you fucking asshole."
_____

--I was not in the mood to draw any, ahem, "f.a.," but I did reply:

"When are you going to learn how to speak like a grown-up Returned to sender and blocked.

"By the way, you misspelled 'dikhead.'"

Let us oft speak #??*#!!! words to each #??*#!!! other!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPcQ1y38qB4

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 11:41PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 10:11PM

Even in his lesser known sermons, Monson probably never said "Even a great cartoonist must have a few crazy detractors." But if Monson were truly inspired he should have said that.

Date: January 10, 2018 11:23PM

Most likely because (as with most of the civilized world), I haven't been following his situation much recently and don't care all that much about it in terms of its lack of heart-stopping global impact.

However, my excellent editorial cartooning cohort in crime--Salt Lake City's one and only Pat Bagley--is probably having a field day (unless he's been ordered to pull back and exercise atypical self-restraint in this case, which would violate every fiber of his non-believing being).

Good luck, Pat. I'd pray for ya, except I never really got into Monson's sermons on that. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 11:32PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 11:42PM

Isn't Monson remembered best for the prop 8 debacle ?

Date: January 11, 2018 12:43AM

The Mormons have consigned them to outer darkness, and yet they're still alive and working at the newspaper with Satan.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 12:28AM

When they attack your talent, Steve, I suspect there's some deep seated jealousy there.

You're as far from earning your credentials as they are--with you on the plus side and them on the minus.

Date: January 11, 2018 12:41AM

. . . including his own talent, which he then agreed to share in small portions with the little people, (like, for instance, me). What a guy. What a god. What a Guy-God.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 12:42AM by steve benson.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 04:18AM

I may only agree with 95% of your contributions to RfM Steve, but your anecdotes and experiences with the ignoramuses always put a smile on my face. I must admit that I am a little jealous of your communications with your detractors. I would revel at the opportunity to reply to them. I wonder just how far they will go in anger attacking you with a barrage of words. I am positive that you give us just tidbits from your communications from over the years. There must be a horrendous number of people that leave you stupefied enough to not even bother replying to them.

As Ron White says "You can't fix stupid".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDvQ77JP8nw

Date: January 11, 2018 12:42PM

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 01:47PM

Hahahahahahhahahaha I think you're right.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 04:25PM

Well, I've come to term with my brain disorder long ago. Haha. We all have our quirks! Carry on Steve Benson, you are one of the good people here with a sincere desire for truth, and I applaud your efforts.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 02:56PM

Monson has been waiting for his burial for a looooong time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.