Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 09:56AM

"The LDS Church mailed 1,150 letters extending mission calls to young Mormon men and women on Tuesday over the signature of President Russell M. Nelson, a symbol of the transition underway in church leadership.

The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is leading the church during what is known formally as an apostolic interregnum, with President Nelson leading the quorum as the senior apostle.

“Even when there’s an impending change in church leadership, the work of the church moves forward," President Nelson said in a news release Tuesday. "We don’t want to have our prospective missionaries wait for their calling any longer than is necessary for this much-anticipated milestone in their lives."

Get em while they're young, the Mormon motto!

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900007206/president-nelson-signs-new-mormon-mission-calls-during-apostolic-interregnum.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 10:14AM

WTF does that even mean ?

Date: January 10, 2018 10:31AM

Apostolic interregnum sounds like something out of a Space Odyssey, don't it?

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 11:46AM

Mormons have their formal "apostolic interregnum" to catch up to the fancy smancy sounding "sede vacante" of the Catholics.

Can't let the Catholics have all the fun with unusual sounding terms, ya know. ;)

Date: January 10, 2018 12:45PM

Hee hee.

Maybe the only thing the two leaders share in common besides their deep and abiding faith of the two religions are their bullet proof automobiles when making public appearances.

Date: January 10, 2018 12:59PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hee hee.
>
> Maybe the only thing the two leaders share in
> common besides their deep and abiding faith of the
> two religions are their bullet proof automobiles
> when making public appearances.

Francis doesn't do the bullet proof thingy. One of the reasons so many respect him is that he forgoes all the pomp blah blah blah. He doesn't even live in the "Papal apartments" but rather has a modest apartment in the Santa Marta.

He is a Jesuit and lives his vow of poverty as best he can as pope.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/14/world/europe/pope-francis-interview-popemobile/index.html

Date: January 10, 2018 02:20PM

Well that takes real humility.

At his age, he decided he can afford to assume the risk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popemobile

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 10:19AM

Isn't it marvelous, isn't it wunnerful???

The corporation of the president flows on so smoothly. It's almost like they had the signature machine pre-programmed with Nelson's signature and ready to go when the computerized mission call program spit out the next batch.

Date: January 10, 2018 10:31AM

You can say that again, lolol.

:)

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 11:49AM

Interagumus...inter....intergrumn....ignuramerous....ignoramerum. Or somehting

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 12:18PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The LDS Church mailed 1,150 letters extending
> mission calls to young Mormon men and women on
> Tuesday over the signature of President Russell M.
> Nelson, a symbol of the transition underway in
> church leadership.

that is basically 2,300 years of prime young adult life and attendant required funding to be wasted on utter BS in order to benefit the crusty old over the hill predatory bastards running LD$ inc's filthy vile MORmON church scam

.....how touching

> The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is leading the
> church during what is known formally as an
> apostolic interregnum, with President Nelson
> leading the quorum as the senior apostle.

pretty damn funny mentioning that crap like it really mattered, considering that Jesus was really supposed to be running the MORmON deal, cover completely blown on that BS MORmON ploy!!! by their own actions !!!!

> “Even when there’s an impending change in
> church leadership, the work of the church moves
> forward,"
> President Nelson said in a news release
> Tuesday.

Forward to WHAT ????? Jesus, who is supposed really running things behind the scenes finally showing up for his long over due second coming .......so he can openly run the (crooked) MORmON deal???? Yah, like that is really going to happen!!!! or just more of the same old same old where LD$ Inc runs on empty promises at 120 mph on the endless road to nowhere !!!!

Thank god for that kind of progress !!!!

> "We don’t want to have our prospective
> missionaries wait for their calling any longer
> than is necessary for this much-anticipated
> milestone in their lives."

all that feigned concern for their young people While they do not care at all about those youth recklessly flushing two prime years of their young lives at the critical onset of adulthood right into the toilet !!!! at the insistence of the predatory MORmON church !!!!

how touching !!!!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 12:21PM

So here's a sort of related question, based on what I learned about trying to mail a Christmas card to my grandson in Argentina: Don't!

How do the elders and sisters native to other (dicey mail) countries get their mission calls?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 01:40PM

The Don't Send! Mandate is just a control tool, I wonder if a recalcitrant mish has been reprimanded for disclosing their actual address...

In 'Developing Countries', They might be sent to Bps, SPs for delivery.

Date: January 10, 2018 02:15PM

I'm not so sure about that. When my niece served her mission in Central America any mail sent by the US postal service did not reach its destination. It was stolen in transit after leaving the USA.

Was told by my brother that postal carriers handling mail where she was living were thieves. Sometimes the Mormon converts volunteering at the local meeting place stole the mail, etc.

He sent her a package that didn't get to her.

They learned to send anything by UPS. It had a much better tracking system and delivery rate to the country she served in. It also cost a lot more, but was worth it to insure she received what was sent.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 04:29PM

I,140 is 1,140 too many entrapments in a program that needs to be investigated for child abuse.

After 9 children Dr. Nelson should be well aware of the development of children.....yeah right, I'm pretty confident in assuming that he let the MormonCult dictate how this all came down. You know stuff the church in the kids life right from the start of when they begin to talk, have them baptised at eight when they are soo ready to be accountable, ha ha, and on and on until all the poor child knows at missionary age is.....Dad will have my ass and cut out the money if I don't go mishioning and Mom will never stop crying.

And so it goes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 04:31PM by presleynfactsrock.

Date: January 10, 2018 05:51PM

It is all some of those kids know at that age.

For some it is all they will ever know.

Being brainwashed at an early age exacts a toll. For any Mormon lurkers who may be reading this now must wonder at how sure we are the church isn't true, because for them it is the only truth and the way.

The church knows for the kids they send out on missions there is a greater retention rate than the ones who don't go.

It's a real mind f*ck like that.

Date: January 11, 2018 08:38AM

For the definition of interregnum,

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2064782

Date: January 11, 2018 02:00PM

For some TBM parents, sending their kids on missions now seen as not so much sharing the "gospel" but how did one father put it? "Sending him off as a boy and when he comes home, he will be a man"

ugh

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 10:46PM

That is almost the same line in "Paint your wagon".

Ben Rumsom, played by Lee Marvin, takes Horton up stairs at the saloon and presents him to Gracie.

Ben Rumson: Grace, I give you the boy. Give me back the man.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.