Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 12:39AM

Mano Singham writes ...
=======================

"There is an evangelist named Paula White who asks her followers to send in an entire month’s salary to her so that they get off to a good start with their god in the new year. Failing to do so, she warns, has consequences. And that is not all the tripe that she peddles. She claims that she can bring the dead back to life.

White, who opened the National Day of Prayer Event at the White House last year, has drawn criticism from many Christians over the years, including her business in which she sells believers “resurrection seeds” that will grant them eternal life for the low price of just $1,144.

Eternal life for $1,144 may strike many people as a bargain. I wondered whether White offers a money-back guarantee if it does not work out. She does not but explains why it may not always work.

But if someone purchases the “resurrection seed” and finds that it has failed to resurrect anyone, White explained that it’s probably user error. “Cause there are things I’ve prayed out of ignorance or asked out of my own desire and I said God, but your will be done.
‘Cause I knew, His word is His will. See His will is for whatever is dead in your life to come back to life. How do I know? John 10:10. Jesus came to give you life and give you life more abundantly,” she explained. “So click on and minimize that screen and right now sow your miracle resurrection seed as we stand in faith together and I believe God for your miracle.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 12:50AM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 12:53AM

She is the President's spiritual advisor according to reports.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 01:56AM

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Trump-s-spiritual-adviser-Send-me-your-Jan-12485105.php

And it reminds me very much of Oral Roberts famous "send me a million dollars or God will call me home" trick.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 09:15AM

""So when you keep for yourself something that belongs to God you are desecrating what is to be consecrated to God," she writes on her website."

OK, have god give me his bank account #, and visit me personally to verify it's his account and not somebody else's, and I'll give some money to god.

What's that, god doesn't have a bank account because god doesn't need money, being all-powerful and stuff?

Yeah. Right.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.