Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonthis time ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 09:19PM

As a BYU alumna, AZ resident, I was just invited to this event:

https://www.mesaartscenter.com/index.php/shows/other-presenters/byu-summit-phoenix-2018-finding-your-strength

I am thinking of attending because Sheri Dew is such a good public speaker (although I don't always agree with her message, obviously).

I was thinking - There are likely men who would like to be Mr. Dew. She runs a company, has connections, and is well-liked. I don't have a point with this; it's just an observation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 09, 2018 09:26PM

I also wonder if she is temple-married to Gordon Hinckley.

Posted by: not logged in (nli) ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 09:35PM

Nah, Nelson thinks she'll be turned straight in the next life and then he can have her as #3.

Good times a-waitin'!

Date: January 09, 2018 09:44PM

Who knows - she only wrote one person's biography, though.

Date: January 09, 2018 09:51PM

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 01:20AM

Or if the program with Sheri Dew doesn't Dew it for you, you can go see the Trailer Park Boys (not sure and don't care who they are).

Or see "Celebrating David Bowie".

Or see Weird Al Yankovic. I saw him once in Las Vegas and he was pretty entertaining.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 01:21AM by memikeyounot.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 01:21AM

Do you still want to do the dew ?

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 05:13AM

Sheri Dew is not ugly. She's intelligent; she's successful;
she's a catch. On top of that she's a staunch member and
promoter of a Church that stresses the necessity of marriage.

The only reason I can think for her to be unmarried all these
years is that her personality is toxic.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 06:24AM

It could be that she isn't willing to settle on marriage in an unequal partnership.

If she's highly intelligent, well-educated, etc, that eliminates many suitors right there. Many men find very successful women to be intimidating. Especially men inside a patriarchal society where they are presumed to have the direct pipeline to the Almighty, and women are to be kept, not their keepers.

That she's independent, smart, successful and remained LDS despite being single to me represents she hasn't met her equal or someone she could see herself going the distance with. You never really know someone unless you walk a mile in their moccasins what motivates them to be single. Better to be happily single than unhappily yoked.

A Mormon woman I met once at the SLC airport as we both were waiting for our luggage was on her way to BYU to earn her 2nd PhD in neuro-psychology. Her first one was in psychology. She'd been single and a career woman for life, and was a university professor. As she was leaving with her luggage she told me she liked being single because it afforded her freedom she wouldn't have being married.

Her parting words were, "You have all eternity to get married," in essence this life for her was about focusing on her education and self-improvement.

She was maybe late-20's to mid-30's then, I'm guessing. Attractive looking. I've sometimes wondered if she married after that or getting her PhD? She was happily single and LDS at the same time. And not just a well-rounded person, but a highly successful one. The kind most LDS men would be frightened by, because she wouldn't know how or have any desire to be subservient in a relationship. (I've also wondered if she remained a Mormon all these years despite the Internet highway of evidence proving its falsity?)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2018 07:13AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 08:44AM

baura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sheri Dew is not ugly.

OK ........

If the man looking at her happens to be blind ....

If the man looking at her also thinks that a pimple that is ready to burst /explode .....like a volcano with a nuclear bomb in it, (which is what Sheri's face resembles), is a thing of beauty

Posted by: Howard Hughes ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 09:08AM

The real toxic personality is a misogynist.

mi·sog·y·nist
məˈsäjənəst/Submit
noun
a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
synonyms: woman-hater

Date: January 11, 2018 08:19AM

just because Sheri Dew is repulsive does not mean that all women are.

just because Sheri Dew so readily whores out any integrity that she might have had in the interest of promoting the foul leaders of LD$ Inc to in turn gain status, power and wealth for herself does NOT mean that all women are that cheap and tawdry and amoral

however you are correct about the condition that
you have -misogyny, that due to your personal longing and obsession to physically commune with Sheri Dew internally clashing with your utterly inability to ever really be with Sheri in anyway since your beloved Sheri has rejected you, and even prefers NOTHING/ NOBODY over you. Your resentment from that rejection then uncontrollably expanding to resentment for all women in your badly damaged mind. Yes, it really really sucks to be you, perhaps even more than being the repulsive, disgusting Sheri Dew, just as you alluded to in the opening / first statement of your comment.

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 12:26PM

Or she is Lesbian.......

Date: January 10, 2018 08:47AM

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 08:58AM

Sheri appears to be in love with the new first lady of Mormonism, Wendy Watson Nelson. This explains why she's single. Sheri appears to have zero interest in marrying a male. If George Clooney converted to Mormonism and chased her, she'd run right into Wendy's arms.

Sheri and Wendy travel together and own property together. You can find various reports and details here:

http://www.salamandersociety.com/media/movies/fanclubs/sheri_dew/

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 06:43PM

Haven't read the Sheri Dew chronicles in years, and forgot what a major hoot they are.

Three thumbs up!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 09:00AM

"You have all eternity to get married," in essence this life for her was about focusing on her education and self-improvement.

Nice story Amy.

Date: January 10, 2018 10:40AM

Thanks, Shummy.

It's one of those stories that has stuck with me through the years.

She just walked up to me and started talking like she knew me. That part was memorable too.

:)

Posted by: frackenmess ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 12:46PM

This is the role model for many LDS women, Sheri Dew.

Smart, un-married, opinionated, pragmatic, successful.

Get her a seat with the upper crust making decisions
on Church policy and you might gain some new followers from the LGBTQ community.

Posted by: Deb ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 03:31PM

There's only one way to be a happy single female and Mormon at the same time: that's if you don't believe in it.

As a TBM, I was incredibly sad, beating myself up about the pressure of following all those "rules" (no coffee, tea, wine, premarital sex, etc.) - and especially feeling as though I wouldn't have an "eternal companion" and all that.

Which makes me think a couple of things:
She could be a MINO (in name only) and not a real TBM - and does what she pleases behind closed doors.Or, she could even be gay! It is possible, ya know.

Date: January 10, 2018 06:10PM

It is also possible she accepts celibacy as a lifestyle and has made the most of being single.

It would raise the bar for her happiness as compared to being celibate and Catholic, say, instead of a single Mormon woman. Being single is a more accepted lifestyle in other religious denominations than among Mormons for sure.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: January 11, 2018 08:32AM

Date: January 13, 2018 11:21AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.