Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 08:53PM

I have watched sir david the bard for quite a while now and have seen how affective it is for him and his therapy. Hell it's even helped me with therapy too i think. So i have always wanted to make videos of my own to see if it would help me heal faster or able to vent out loud to something as a better way to vent or something. My cbrs worker helped me make a test video so there is a terrible test video on youtube of me haha. But i will try to make good videos like the bard has made for my own therapy and see how it goes i think. Maybe it will help me in ways that other things haven't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 10:25PM

At least you've announced your movie making agenda.

Date: January 08, 2018 11:08PM

Somebody has to do it right. Hollywood went to the sh#t hole.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 11:42PM

Ha ha ha....

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 10:28PM

in b 4 ~ elder old doge is your 1st subscriber ~

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 11:13PM

Good luck. A suggestion. Don't post everything you make, right away. Give it a day to see if you still like it. Remember, putting it out to the world is going to open you up to criticism from that same world. You may not need that right now.

Date: January 08, 2018 11:20PM

It is already weird talking out my thoughts and feelings on camera as practice but i am sure it will become more comfortable in time. I think it will be more effective than typing or writing in the end. And this isn't announcing it to the world to me. This is a very small fraction of the world.

Date: January 08, 2018 11:30PM

"This is a very small fraction of the world."

Adam, if I understand correctly, you intend to post on YouTube. It's not a small fraction. It's the world. Even if you think that privacy, or restricted views are not accessed by others, you're wrong. If this helps you in your path to independence or whatever, good luck. But don't be lulled into thinking that anything that you post will stay private or in a small, controlled group.

Date: January 09, 2018 12:40AM

Not many will view it and not everybody has the internet or youtube. If more than 200 view it i would be very surprised. So yea small fraction.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 11:18AM

StillAnon is giving some pretty good and caring advice here.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 12:28AM

It is interesting I have made a goal, this year, to do at least 1 utube production also. I will probably be anon (wear a mask) for it though as the subject is on the metaphysical and involves peoples' beliefs/religion, and many of my friends would not understand, hopefully my family will.

I should have some positive comments with my first one or two according to my plan now to suck in 'some people' who agree with what I come up with, however, if I continue to make tapes I am very likely to piss off most people as I will attack most peoples' common 'beliefs' through metaphysical processes.

One son just made a utube video so I guess I have my expertise lined up there.

Now just to do the project and tape it. Which shouldn't take too long (2-3 hours to get a good 15-20 min tape) but we will see if procrastination kicks in ---- I have all year left.

Good luck on your venture! Sounds as if you are well into it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 12:38AM by spiritist.

Date: January 09, 2018 12:39AM

I probably won't be recognized either.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 02:00AM

but I have found that the most effective criticism (condemnation) .....(CONDEMNATION!!!!) of MORmONISM is letting (idiot) MORmON leaders speak for themselves, which can also be quite therapeutic, while also getting to enjoy making videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkVNWHT-IA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YEMX0VooD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhAIjF0wQI

If you can top the following then I have got to see it, since Hinckley certainly topped my very best efforts ever !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wALvdgurB4

Date: January 09, 2018 08:29PM

smirkorama Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but I have found that the most effective criticism
> (condemnation) .....(CONDEMNATION!!!!) of
> MORmONISM is letting (idiot) MORmON leaders speak
> for themselves, which can also be quite
> therapeutic, while also getting to enjoy making
> videos
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkVNWHT-IA
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YEMX0VooD4
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhAIjF0wQI
>
>
> If you can top the following then I have got to
> see it, since Hinckley certainly topped my very
> best efforts ever !!!!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wALvdgurB4

That last one is a classic, you really can't top that last one.

Date: January 09, 2018 02:04AM

Oh, and (FWIW) I totally applaud the work of Sir David !!!!! and others like him !!!

Date: January 10, 2018 05:56AM

I have no idea what FWIW means by the way.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 09:09AM

"For What It's Worth"

:)

Posted by: Survivalist ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 09:04AM

Adam, stillanon gave you good, friendly advice, and I can prove it:

How do you *know* that none of the CBRS staff are LDS, just waiting to download your video anonymously, and post the link here? Or show it to anyone who may be thinking about helping or hiring you? It doesn't have to be your case worker, just someone who hears about it, types up the notes, or a counselor or someone else, that your counselor consulted for advice.

I get why you won't trust stillanon right out of the gate, but you've got to give him this - he's nothing if not honest. He was honestly offering friendly advice.

Here's the difference between you and "the bard," that you may not be considering - "The bard" had a lifetime of making money, being in good standing among the Mormons with whom he traded business cards. He can support himself, and no longer "needs" them to like him.

You are surrounded by LDS, and if you start pouring out your anger, with your face showing, you can write off a lot of help that you otherwise might have had. Wait until you move away. Maybe they can't legally say "We won't help him because he hates LDS," but they can lose your forms (throw them away), make "a determination" that you are faking, lying or "in error" that you don't qualify, make you go tbrough miles and miles of extra red tape, tell other workers made-up stories... Are you honestly going to tell me that you think they wouldn't do these things?

If "all" you were risking were your feelings, I might say, take the risk. But, you intend to toy with your sources of support, and your mental health.

There is no such thing as "a small fraction" of the internet. Sillanon is right, and he was trying to be a friend to you. He extended his hand in freindship earlier, and made good on the offer here.

And to stillanon: Thank you.

Date: January 09, 2018 02:35PM

"There is no such thing as "a small fraction" of the internet. Sillanon is right, and he was trying to be a friend to you. He extended his hand in freindship earlier, and made good on the offer here
And to stillanon: Thank you."

Thanks for the thanks. I was trying to help. Don't know if it will do any good. I can anticipate this having disastrous results, like you've laid out, and was just trying to get him to see the possibilities.

Date: January 09, 2018 04:13PM

You guys are probably right as always, i do not see the bigger picture as always or the future. Just saw it help for one man so i thought maybe it would help with me. I can see how this could be disastrous for sure. He started making videos at least five years out i think. And i am not even close to five years out. And i need to remember that also. Stillanon is probably a good person like i said before and i am always skeptical of any advice given to me based on my life so i definitely have trust issues for sure still but i can't just keep hiding. But i can see how exposing how i really feel could be bad right now.

Date: January 09, 2018 05:19PM

We get that Adam. But honestly, you come here for help, and people take their time to help you. You think the general public will treat you as kindly? The internet is a brutal place. People with sharp claws waiting to shred someone else. All we were saying is take it slow. Here's a strange analogy. I'm a car guy, so this makes sense to me.
Think of yourself of an old 1970's pick up truck. Before they had great corrosion protection at the factory. You drive around Idaho on the salt packed roads in the winter. You start to corrode and rust-a little. Next year, it gets a bit worse. After a decade or two, the truck is held together with Bondo and duct tape, before it totally breaks. It didn't get trashed overnight-and neither did you. The truck can be restored, as good as new, but it takes time. It doesn't happen overnight. You doing things to find a quick fix probably won't work either. More likely to lead to another broken issue. Do small things right. Then do bigger things right. Banking on YouTube to be a fix, probably won't work out too well. We all wish you luck. We just don't want to see you running into a wall at full speed to set yourself back.

Date: January 09, 2018 08:41PM

I keep getting told there is no quick fix every week so it is starting to sink in a little bit. You are right though i did not get thrashed overnight but over many years, that is a d@mn good analogy i think. Everyone here is probably looking at me like some idiot trying to find a quick fix. That quick fix mentallity was ingrained in me as a kid i think with the instant healing stories of jesus and such or something. For whatever reason i keep thinking there is a faster way to heal or something but there really isn't. I don't want it to take forever though. I keep thinking if i don't heal quickly i will be at the mercy of the mormons or something. Their fear tactics while i was active were very effective. The faster i become a normal human being the better.

Date: January 10, 2018 09:19AM

very well said, some things to be very seriously considered before not being able to back up

Date: January 09, 2018 12:29PM

I searched on YouTube for "badassadam" and couldn't find you (though I did find some interesting stuff!)...

:)

Date: January 09, 2018 04:15PM

I am definitely on there now haha. 'Silence of the badass.' hahaha.

Date: January 09, 2018 04:35PM

Well, it is silent :)

Here's my review: next time, turn your camera sideways into "landscape" orientation instead of vertical.

Date: January 09, 2018 08:43PM

Hahahahahahahahaha d@mn right it was silent it was the perfect movie. No lying or anything.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 07:37PM

That was definitely silent!

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 07:33PM

I intend to find it and maybe review it.

Date: January 09, 2018 08:44PM

Don't do it desertman i don't want to waste 30 seconds of your life it was just a practical joke for old dog. It's not a serious video.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 11:49PM

Posted by: Anonymous1234 ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 09:54AM

You may figure that possibly only 200 people may ever view your videos. Maybe that's how it'll work out, maybe not. But you never know ahead if time if you'll say anything that goes viral. If you say something (good or bad) that goes viral, you either look really good or really bad, or at least really controversial. The internet is forever and after something goes viral, even taking down the video won't work to remove it from the internet.

Date: January 10, 2018 01:08PM

It's already at 48 views...after one day :)

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: January 10, 2018 02:07PM

The wrong thing going viral can ruin a life. Or at least set you up for getting all kind of threats and unwanted attention.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.