Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 02:47PM

The mormon Jesus came to earth nine months after a Holy & Righteous Elohim got Mary drunk and then had his ghawdly (but immoral) way with her. (Trend setter, right?)

Then some 30 or so years later, Jesus paid for all our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane. Words can't describe the agony, although many mormon GAs have tried to do so, via Deseret Press.

This Supreme Penance allows all the big wigs of human depravity to have a chance at a decent Hereafter, which is why it's so important to do their temple work!

But it occurs to me that one sin remains, for the most part, unforgivable, as portrayed in the following torn-straight-from-reality's drama book:

The bishop: So what brings you in to see me, Sis. So-so?

Sister So-so: Well, my daughter is getting married next month and she wants me to be there, so I need a TR, bishop.

B: Ah! So let me ask you one question that I kind of already know the answer to - Do you pay a full tithe?

S: No. I'm sure you have some idea that I've only ever paid a couple of hundred dollars a year in tithing. And since I knew this would be an issue, I thought about what how to handle this matter and I concluded that I needed to go to the lord, in fervent prayer, to beg his forgiveness. And I did! And I know he's forgiven me, and as that occurred last night, I come to you now a completely repentant soul, forgiven by a merciful ghawd and worthy now of the temple. So, can I have my recommend now?

B: Oh, no, no! It doesn't work that way!! You have to pay your back tithing! The lord does not forgive not paying your tithing! Especially since I know that you're quite well off and would easily qualify for a loan of sufficient size to bring you up to date. And even then, there are other factors involved in the TR interview...

S: Whoa, there, bishop! Didn't you hear me? I asked for forgiveness from ghawd on my tithing arrears and he GAVE me that forgiveness! It was a personal matter, between him and me, and there's no way I'd lie to you about it! He forgave me! So ask me the other questions so we can get this over with, okay?

B: Sis. So-so, I wasn't the best student in bishop kindergarten, but I do know one thing: ghawd does NOT forgive tithing owed!

See? Los mormones all sleep well knowing that Hitler may be a changed man and on his way to forgiveness, but mormon authorities do NOT forgive tithing owed when it comes to a TR. I don't know their scriptural foundation for this limiting of Jesus Ultimate Price paid, but I'm aware that it exists. Forgiveness regarding non-payment of tithing, in terms of a TR, is going to cost a known wager earner some serious money.

So I hereby pledge to boycott the temple! Who's with me?!?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 02:52PM

I've been boycotting the temple for years now. It works for me.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 07:24PM

As have I. Starting when I stopped paying tithing well before I left the Morg.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 02:57PM

But Hitler hadn't received the fullness of the gospel, so he didn't know that mass murder was wrong. See, he's innocent through ignorance, while Sister So-so wilfully violated the fiscal requirements of God's true church, so she's way more horrible.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 07:36PM

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 11:21PM

Ought-oh!!!!

Now the church will start requiring members to pay the back tithing of the newly baptized deceased person!!!!

Baptism for the Dead=Proxy Tithing for the Dead as well

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 08:01PM

Don’t forget the required usery on said back pay. Gawd no longer honors the Jubilee year.

Date: January 06, 2018 08:26PM

Another observation: While improper sexual activity is next to murder, you can rehabilitate yourself in the church by, among other things, paying your tithing, culminating in rebaptism or removal from probation.

But no matter how penitent, and broke..., it would be difficult to get a TR so long as the memory of unpaid tithing remained fresh.

I'm sensing that 'the church' takes tithing seriously.

Date: January 06, 2018 08:34PM

Just a thought here, but if you got into trouble for improper

sexual activity..... wouldn't alot of proper sexual activity

culminate in rebaptism ???? Wouldn't it restore all things back

to normal?

What say you?

Date: January 06, 2018 08:37PM

You're making me blush!!!!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 09:33PM

Saucie is exactly right. I learned to combat Mormon thinking at BYU.

We girls wanted to go to the campus movie at the Wilkinson Center, but they wouldn't let us in, because we were wearing pants. So, we went to the ladies restroom and took off our pants, and were allowed in, wearing out skirt-length coats, with our bare legs sticking out.

My dorm-mates and I were 20 minutes late to our dorm. In those days Helaman Halls had strictly enforced "dorm hours." We had been stranded in a blizzard, and had walked to the nearest house of someone we knew (my aunt and uncle), and had immediately called the campus police, as we had been instructed to do. The police were too busy helping others, but I made sure they made a record of our phone call. We were punished anyway, and were forced to stay in and clean the bathrooms every Saturday night for a month. A few months later, I was late on a date, because of a flat tire. I didn't want to be punished again, so I had my date drop me off at a girl friend's off-campus apartment, where I spent the night. I returned to the dorm early in the morning, and there was no problem. We concluded that it was better to stay out all night, than to be 20 minutes late.

I was like that single mother in the bishop's office. I had recovered from a serious illness, and back to work after several months of a leave of absence, for which I had received no pay. I had doctor's co-pay bills to pay, and I was the sole support of my family, besides the little jobs my teen-aged kids had. The bishop knew about all of this. He wanted me to beg, and after I did, he "relented", and said, "You have a job NOW--and you have 6 months before the wedding takes place, so if you pay tithing from now on, I will give you a temple recommend." God and Christ and forgiveness were never mentioned.

This same bishop gave his wealthy friend a temple recommend, even though we all knew this friend was committing adultery, with our neighbor's married daughter. If "God could forgive on-going adultery, wouldn't God understand the plight of a single mother fighting for her life, and supporting her children?

It's all about money.

Date: January 06, 2018 09:35PM

Thanks for the proof we call pudding!

Date: January 06, 2018 10:49PM

Exminion... I now hate your hard ass, unforgiving bishop.... I swear to god if you had been a man, or had a ton of money, he would have treated you guys like you were made of glass.

The misogny sucks hard in the church. I'm so glad I'm out.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 11:53PM

And girlcott it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.