Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:09AM

Just watch, this will cause a big shift both inside the morg and outside the morg. I could be wrong though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:10AM

No, they'll glom onto Nelson like he's not a creepy desert buzzard.

Date: January 04, 2018 12:11AM

Hahahahaha that did cross my mind.

Posted by: munchybotaz nli ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 06:27AM

Nelson is almost as creepy as Monson, imo.

Badassadam1, why do you think people will walk away, and what would be the shift outside?

Date: January 04, 2018 12:19PM

I don't know i have just seen a lot of shaky convictions when i was in it and monson is like the last thing holding their convictions and keeping them in it. I don't think they have that old solid leader feel without him. The remaining apostles are definitely not the same caliber in the minds of the people at least for me they aren't. There is nobody even close to hinckley and monson in the eyes and minds of the people, just my opinion.

Posted by: munchybotaz nli ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 06:24PM

He’s a rock star, isn’t he? And the jowly one ... also a favorite.

Posted by: not a mo no mo ( )
Date: January 05, 2018 05:15AM

The system selects for creepiness starting at the lowest levels and working up.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 06:57PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 07:58PM

Ha ha...I know.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:56AM

It's a shame, but I think Bagley is on the right track: they'll take what they're given and pretend he's the best thing since sliced Hinckley.

The minute they start to criticize, or even mildly reflect, they all the flaws have to be acknowledged, and at this late stage, the flaws are about all they have, except for a dynamite tithing system.

Date: January 04, 2018 01:21AM

Since sliced hinckley haha i think i will use that. Now that i think about it they will try to boost nelson up like a hinckley and make him look like the best thing ever. That is exactly what they are going to do.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 03:19AM

we are talking about faithFOOL true believing MORmON members, people who in general could follow (the likes of foul nasty snide) Gordon BS Hinckley. Of (MORmON) course, they followed MORmON Monson. Of (MORmON) course, they will be able to follow MORmON Nelson.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 06:17AM

Even being relatively inactive, my wife continues to fawn over the leadership, both past and current...she still gushes over Hinckley. When she's gone on and on about the likes of Oaks, Holland, and Bednard I have to wonder whether we are talking about the same people...what she's describing and what I'm observing are two very different things.

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:43PM

That is hilarious. Hinkley told the whole world TSCC wasn't true on national television multiple times. But no one was listening.

Date: January 04, 2018 02:03PM

I think i need to watch that again i think i was pretty young and naive when that happened and did not watch the whole thing. I remember the part about becoming gods "I don't think we teach that." haha lied on national television.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 06:41AM

Mormons don't leave because one of their profits die. They rally around the Q12 and the buzz is who will the next one be until he's selected.

Losing a profit to TBM church members is faith affirming. That's more a reason for them to stay than go. It's a rallying point.

I've never met an ex-Mormon say he or she left because a profit dies.

Date: January 04, 2018 12:30PM

You really think they will rally behind nelson or oaks even? Thats like forcing someone to swallow soap.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:49PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You really think they will rally behind nelson or
> oaks even? Thats like forcing someone to swallow
> soap.

Of course, because they believe that God calls a prophet to lead them, and that only their church is the only church lead by one. Which is one of the hallmarks that makes it true in their minds

Date: January 04, 2018 02:05PM

Gawd d@mn i think you are right i underestimate the brainwashing.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 09:59AM

Interesting tidbit on Nelson's wikipedia page:

"In high school Nelson was on the football team, but insisted on not having his hands stepped on so was benched the whole time."

WTF is that?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 10:19AM

Wow! Boner is going to flip out when he reads that!! It means that someone else also shared a total commitment to masturbation, so much so that he wouldn't risk damaging his hands! That's dedication...

Date: January 04, 2018 12:22PM

Hahahahahahahahaha oh man that is funny but i actually believe it.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:55PM

The three of you are wankers! The only way to stop masturbating is to follow the advice of Mark E. Petersen — tie your hand to the bedpost at night. Something the three of you obviously haven’t done.

Nelson was simply not wanting to use “The Stranger” technique, hence the “don’t step on my hands.”

Date: January 04, 2018 02:11PM

Hahahahaha you made me laugh out loud in front of my case worker right now good thing i wasn't drinking a coffee or something haha she is busy on the computer so i am on here reading. The many methods of stopping the hands from the stroking hahaha. We still got to dress up like ninjas with bandanas and tie dye t-shirts and chopped jeans and crash a mormon reception. This will complete my recovery i think hahaha.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 10:20AM

When the new prophet is announceD my mother will proclaim that God does indeed work in mysterious ways and his work is eternal and yada yada yada. Her testimony will be even stronger knowing that Heavenly Father can indeed figure out who is the oldest and most in need of some perks and a good ego feeding.

Posted by: orthus ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 10:27AM

I remember hearing the same thing at Hinckley’s death - from my ultra tbm, MIL. Monson’s death will have no impact, instead I guarantee that you will hear stories about how “the mantle of prophet” was passed to Nelson and it will include miraculous personal stories to support them

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 10:53AM

You can stuff anyone in the prophet suit and they will be accepted. Having great story telling ability and charisma like Monson is a plus, but you could put a monkey in as prophet and the TBM’s will follow him. It’s the illusion they worship. Anyone can be the idol.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 11:46AM

I don't see it. Nelson is creepy, but unless he starts getting really weird, most Mormons will pretend they love everything about him. At worst, they will grit their teeth and talk about how wonderful he is while reminding themselves he won't be Big Cheese very long.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 11:55AM

Disagree. People won't walk away because of Monson's death.
I expect there are a great number of alumni of BYU that are looking forward to either Oaks and/or Holland to become prez. Both are former BYU's presidents, and were admired during their tenure.

Date: January 04, 2018 12:26PM

Well maybe you are right. I just didn't see anybody filling the position of monson very well that anybody liked.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:57PM

Dracula has risen from the grave! There, you happy now?

Date: January 04, 2018 02:15PM

Hahahahahaha you are on a roll boner. You might be the funniest man on the planet.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 12:33PM

They'll be dazzled by Nelson and have strong feelings of fatherly attachment. Jabba the Hut could become the LDS profit and they would accept him with arms wide open and a tear in their eye and proclaim him the most selfless, loving profit in their memory.

Date: January 04, 2018 02:22PM

Haha they would follow jabba the hut. And they would even get a stronger conviction that they are jedis. F#ck i would follow jabba the hut i love me some star wars, still haven't seen the new one yet, the theater is always crowded. Mormons love star wars more than i do apparently.

Date: January 04, 2018 02:24PM

Mormons do love fiction, that's for sure!!!

Date: January 04, 2018 03:55PM

Yes they do.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: January 05, 2018 12:03AM

They did have Spenser W. Yoda heading things up for a while last century.

Date: January 05, 2018 06:38PM

Yeah, too bad he couldn't wiggle his ears.

Posted by: Zguy ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 03:41PM

I don't think Nelson will quite hold the 'sway' that Monson and Hinckley had on members, but it's not going to drive people out of the church either. Hinckley was a bit of a giant for his McTemple expansion efforts and media visibility.

Monson was pretty charismatic and he had lots of years in the 12 to capture the endearment of members with his fun stories and anecdotes and the like (before his mind started to go at least).

Nelson doesn't quite have either of those traits going for him, if you ask me and at 93 years old, time isn't really on his side either.

The change isn't going to cause people to leave. At best it might be one less tiny reason for some people to not stay if they are thinking about leaving for other reasons, but generally the membership will rally behind Nelson and Oaks because you know, God and stuff..

Date: January 04, 2018 03:59PM

That's what i was thinking nelson or oaks definitely don't hold the sway or likeability as hinckley or monson. Like not even close, the leadership is now truly dry dead and robotic.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 04:12PM

Weren't people already walking away before he died!??

Date: January 04, 2018 06:03PM

Well yea but i see it going at an even faster pace now. You guys know whats going on more than i do. I only pay attention when somebody dies basically.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 05:16PM

Maybe not because of Nelson, but I hope to continue seeing people walk away as they discover that the Church is fake.I get sick when some idealistic new convert puts up a happy, excited video on YouTube. They have finally found the truth! If you try to warn them in the comments, you are an evil anti-Mormon persecuting them and the church. I hope they can figure it out and leave before their lives get destroyed.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 07:02PM

offended by his Kolobotomized wife, Wendy the whacky sex therapist.

Date: January 04, 2018 08:49PM

She's quite the piece of work!

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 09:40PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just watch, this will cause a big shift both
> inside the morg and outside the morg. I could be
> wrong though.

Sorry brother but people are already leaving (they don't care about the profit).

No BIG SHIFT... just leaks and patches and hemorrhaging everywhere - the boat is rocking, the holey gross knocking, mocking, talking shiFt, movings of movies running through your dead bed head.

People, just like anyways, will find their/ (the) truth when [that] the time comes.

Someone else will take over [the 'contract'] (CONtract-conTRACT)/ "DEAL"/ torch/ position and attempt, like the rest - who are laying to rest - to WHIP, ignore, and desecrate the INDIVIDUAL, the fetching families and the peaceful onlooker.

It's a monster.

(I know I didn't think of it first did I? Thomas S Monster

Date: January 04, 2018 11:25PM

A monster it is.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 05, 2018 01:57AM

Mormonism is balanced between being a personality cult with loyalty only to #1 & truely Christians (ha ha)

I Should say Stuck Between

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 01:58AM by GNPE.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 05, 2018 06:38PM

They are already running away... and I doubt they'll slow down.

I met a nice woman recently. She doesn't care who the profit is. She knows how to walk away, and she is.

I mentioned Badnar and she about flipped. She had seen 'the video' [demon-stration]. I wasn't able to tell her about his swagger and airs of fabricated importance, announcing to the gathered audience that he couldn't stay around after his preaching at them (us) [I went for the research-entertainment, rather that the wisdom, which there is none to little of, clearly, while the entertainment was negligible as well] that he had to hurry and catch a plane, had to be somewhere (else) [important], couldn't stay around and glad-hand. Who would want to after hearing that?

You would think the holy spirit would encourage him to be gentle, interesting, disciplined, tactful, but nope. Conceited as a joke.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.