Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: robinsaintcloud ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 12:20PM

Over the holidays my wife and I were rearranging some rooms and came upon a box that contained, among other cloths, my old garments which I hadn't worn for, lo, these many years (8 years, maybe). Anyway, I was, like, "these need to go". No problem, didn't have to cut out the symbols and burn them, just threw them all in the trash. Then it happened, I found my old packet of temple robes. Hmmm. I couldn't just through those out, could I? Hmmm. Maybe some poor college guy would like them. Wait, though, do I really want to support someone else's use of this fake stuff? NO, forget that. So I unceremoniously dropped them in the kitchen trash and never looked back. That was a good day. Cleaned out a lot of stuff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 12:32PM

Garbage in, garbage out.
Well done :)

Posted by: harbinger ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 12:48PM

I saved my temple packet as evidence to show people who don't believe we would wear those. Just had the chance to show my future SIL last week. :) Wish I also had one of those ponchos that was completely open on the sides to show them, too.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 03:14PM

Well done. I was getting ready to throw mine out and my children confessed to me that they had shown some of their non-LDS friends. I guess I still think it's worth keeping as a missionary tool.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:42PM

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:42PM

You threw away a perfectly good apron and chef hat?

Wouldn't the dog have liked to chew the slippers?

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:11PM

The garms went right in the trash with a healthy splash of ketchup for fun. The apron was the old fashioned kind. Hand made and shaped like fig leaves. I was told they weren’t allowed to make that kind anymore because most of them were square with machine stitching. Fake boobs are fine, fancy aprons are not.

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:16PM

I donated most of my garments to the Salvation Army!
I kept one "old-style" and one "new style" for "Show and Tell."

If I were you I would keep the Temple Clothes for "Show and Tell" also.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:55PM

Job well done!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ender ( )
Date: January 06, 2018 07:46PM

Good for you! I only kept one set of garments, and it's because they're the best pair of thermal underwear I own. Not that it gets that cold now that I've moved south, but I'd rather have them just in case! Ha!

Posted by: afraid of mormons ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 06:57PM

Gone.

All of it. Kitchen garbage, kitty litter, and coffee grounds for the underwear and robes. That's as "unceremonious" as you can get!

Recycled the books--saved about four trees--there were a lot of books.

"....do I really want to support someone else's use of this fake stuff? NO, forget that."

My sentiments, exactly. That's why I recycled all the Mormon propaganda, including BOM, PoGP, and "The Miracle of Forgiveness". Didn't want others being exposed to the lies.

It did feel great!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 07:00PM

Throwing things out that represent the "old you" can be very therapeutic. Well done!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.