Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:29AM

is a loon.

I can't remember right off the top of my head, but there was something a year or so ago that this drip said that really gave me the redass. I wish I could remember what it was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:52AM

Soon she & hub will be riding in the #1 Audi in Utah...

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:28AM

Co-first lady with her long live in girlfriend Sheri Dew! Their pillow talks of dreams to control LD$ Inc. is now coming to fruition.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:30PM

The old bag and the sister wives. They'll fit right in with Trumpania and Javanka.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 06:28PM

If they are indeed sister wives, I would imagine the corporation sole will fall to eyring to sidestep the scandal. (Revelation, you know).

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:48AM

as I seem to remember something really offensive that she said, too, about a year ago.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:55AM

books for kids telling them that it's not OK to sin even once or they will go to hell for sure (Not doctrinal, Not Christian, Not even Mormon).

She has a very patronizing tone about how to live in marriage and raise kids and she had done neither.

Lots of people suspect she is a plural wife.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:57AM

Good idea, plenty of free time for that. And of course to go to the McTemple you need to pay up on your tithing for a TR.

From: https://womensconference.byu.edu/sites/womensconference.ce.byu.edu/files/wendy_watson_nelson.pdf

As I read through the survey responses, these young wives and mothers reported they were
experiencing stress, depression, anxiety, and marital intimacy problems. They listed as the cause
of their problems school, finances, lack of sleep, housework, homework, feelings of failing at
everything, and an inability to balance all of their responsibilities.

I wondered how I should respond. What would really make a difference for these women?
And what could be offered, during a 22-minute Relief Society message, which could possibly
reduce the real-life distress of these young mothers?
As I thought about Amy’s difficult assignment, my experiences with family history and temple
work filled my mind. As counterintuitive as this may seem, I felt compelled, in a way I could not
deny, to encourage Amy to offer a 21-day experiment to her Relief Society sisters.

So I emailed back, “Invite the sisters to make a sacrifice of time to the Lord by increasing their
time in family history and in temple work for the next 21 days.”

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 12:00PM

The Nelsons are at the forefront of the bigotry against the LGBT and are making the gay Mormon kids as miserable as possible. I found this on another site but haven't found the original transcript of her talk yet. Its from a year ago:

"So, before Nelson gave his infamous talk mentioning the policy "revelation" at the devotional at BYU-H last night, his wife spoke about desperation as a great motivator. If you are desperate enough to repent of all your un-repented sin and ask in prayer, God will give you all the gifts you could ever need, etc., so you can "become the person you were born to be," including:
"[…] the gift to have our sexual feelings be in harmony with eternal laws."
She even pulled a Richard G. Scott and looked straight into the camera as she said it."

She is just another Mormon leader who would sacrifice anyone at all in order to showcase her own "super righteousness."

Date: January 03, 2018 12:05PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAt4Od0teNg

Here's the talk if you can stomach it. I would say more but all the words I want to use are banned on RFM.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:05PM

That's it.

All I can hope for is karma.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 04:01PM

Do you think it's stubborn insistence on her part that she actually thinks it's true that being gay can be "cured" by repentance and prayer? Or does she know and not care that sincere gay Mormons will repent and pray themselves to a bloody stump and still be gay as the day as long, sure that they must be so bad they are beyond help from God? Does she know and not care that those poor souls will commit suicide to be straight in the next life, as promised? I want to scream to anyone gay who is listening to her to run out the chapel door and never go back.

Date: January 03, 2018 06:40PM

I think she is killing two birds with one stone or maybe three. She knows what will impress her husband and the other apostles. She takes that and gets the big ego boost of speaking to a very large audience who are enraptured by her--preaching to the choir . . . piece of cake. What a feeling! Plus, most of the apostles don't really want to tackle this issue and so she sees them as indebted to her, their champion even, for taking it on and using her appeal as the most Molly of the Mollies to frame the hate as love.

She knows where her talent lies and she knows who her audience is. And she knows she is elevating herself nearly to the level of the Q15.

Ego. Ego. Ego.

Date: January 03, 2018 12:08PM

Why do I find that I have NO EMPATHY whatsoever, but only disgust for these people?

That's the one.

Date: January 03, 2018 12:19PM

Can you think of anyone more sanctimonious, hypocritical, insincere, smug, arrogant, magniloquent, holier-than-thou, saccharine and stuffy?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 12:23PM

Sure! Email me, take me to lunch (Mexican), and then I'll give you the envelope to open...

Date: January 03, 2018 12:29PM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 12:52PM

Could it have been her "Not Even Once Club" book? It completely rejects the so-called love of Christ.

Posted by: logged out this week ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:36PM

Down memory lane: Older thread discussing this…

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1753304

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:41PM

I've often wondered (but don't know) if Wendy Watson Nelson was the lady who used to call Jack Stockwell's talk show regularly during the early 2000s. On the one hand, Jack always called her "Wendy"; on the other hand, he always deferred to her and put her on air--even if her comments made little or no sense to what was being discussed. I remember that she had a very shrill voice. The incident I most distinctly remember was when Jack and his sidekick Paul (his last name escapes me but I believe he was one of the intellectuals the LDS Church threw out back in September of 1993), began discussing the problems that single men and women were having finding dating partners and events to go to in Salt Lake City. And Wendy calls in, comes on the air, and says that all single people should be trying to find their spouses in the temple. I thought "What the hel." And now (again assuming this Wendy was, in fact, Wendy Watson Nelson), this very woman will be wearing the shoes of the prophet's spouse? Yikes!

Edited to correct the last name of the radio talk show host involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 08:47PM by blindguy.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:41PM

Even in her sharing of her great righteousness, she seems devoid of empathy for others nor any understanding of the human condition. I don't find her interesting nor capable of useful things. She seems to have a singular drive -- to share her own path to HER idea of perfection (which seems to be to obliterate the self).

Date: January 03, 2018 02:29PM

You nailed it. That woman can't obliterate "selfs" fast enough. Wendy takes her job as Judas Goat very seriously. Misery loves company?

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:48PM

Will Wendy and the family wimmen folk be making celebratory donuts for the Nelson and the men folk to feast on?

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:50PM

Wouldn't she be a plural wife since she is second?

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:19PM

What is the earlier reference in this thread to "Sheri Dew" all about?
Can someone explain?

Posted by: Scmd not logged in ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 03:18PM

We cannot know what has or hasn't happened behind closed doors, but Wendy Watson and Sheri Dew were extremely close friends and even ownnproperty jointly.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 04:17PM

http://m*rm*ndiscl*sures.blogspot.com/2013/09/same-tract-attractions.html

replace the "*"s above with "o" (letter o, not number zero).

Posted by: Quickanon ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 06:19PM

Thank you so much for this!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 06:30PM

prepare for Even More condescending talks/speeches/lessons.

Maybe a token or two interest in some individual(s) life / lives, but only on a very superficial level.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:43PM

I love to follow this dog and pony show. the shit is hitting the fan. I love to watch tbms sqirm and complain about the nyt article, now we are going to have a women who has possibly been in a relationship with another women. who will be the first lady.i'm proberly gay myself. I love it. just accept it and like it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.