Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 12:16AM

I walked into a friend’s room in the dorms at BYU and saw the green apron. I looked at him with a WTF. He said, “Leaves are green.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 12:17AM by BYU Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:20AM

It was quite the surprise, after showing my TR at the appropriate counter at JC Penney on Fremont St., in Las Vegas, to get home and unwrap that one-piece union suit... I was a good boy and did not try it on until after going through the temple.

I went through my draft physical wearing garments, in Los Angeles, and got stared at a lot. Damn things worked too well and my disabilities were hidden from the doctors and I was graded 1-A. I got very used to wearing them.

One thing: They were chick magnets at the Y. Even for a butt ugly, ne'er do well Lamanite. Yep, the power of the priesthood!

ETA: Well, crap! I misread Boner's thread title. I first saw the temple clothes on Moroni Day, 5/25/1965. I did not rock that baker's hat. There was either no ghawd, or he was a completely deranged being.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 01:23AM by elderolddog.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:32AM

When my family became sealed in the Oakland Temple. I was six at the time.

What a day trip that was by virtue of how long it was from start to finish!

And a most solemn occasion. Us children waited in the nursery for most of the day until we were called into the Sealing Room to be sealed to our parents.

I remember the luncheon was the highlight of our day. The sealing room was very dark. The nursery was light and bright and actually a happy place.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 08:08AM

As a kid, one time I looked to see what was in a small suitcase my parents kept in the back of their closet. Inside was weird white clothes and a green thing. I had no idea what it was about but it looked boring.

The first time I saw garments at my grandma's house was creepier. They still had some of the old style garms. She was sorting laundry. They had the ankle-length style union suit one piece with little cloth ties. I knew they were church related and only old people had them.

The biggest impact for me was being in the temple the first time and seeing people dressed up with the hats and sashes and all. The gut response I had was a mix of wanting to laugh mixed with feeling creepy.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:40AM

I saw my dad's outfit in a bag before his second wedding and i just said "please let the stories be not true." they are definitely true. The once disappointed badass.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:56AM

The first time I saw the temple clothes was when I was wearing

them in the L.A. temple.... Oh my God.... It was like dress up

day at the funny farm. I was just shocked... BAKER HATS ?????

Then I thought something was really wrong with me because

I didn't understand what was so special ... God Damn !!!

Its interesting that every time I doubted the church, I turned

that into doubting myself for obviously not having enough

faith to truly believe and feel so "special" like everyone

else supposedly did. Now in the light of day I realize that

the whole church doctrine was a freak show !!!!

And we had to believe it as if it was so special. They really

did a number on us.

Boner I love you... Good topic.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.