Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: December 12, 2017 10:29PM

I want to say you know you are in a cult right and going to lie to people? You aren't doing this for anything but so the cult you are in can have more money! Do you really want to be missionaries? Do you even know what you're so called church teaches and you are going to tell people what you want them to here!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: December 12, 2017 10:45PM

Do you even know why you are here? Is it for the women afterwards? Thats what i would ask. I would probably be right about the women thing, all mormon girls are taught to only marry RMs and the guys know this. As for the guys that chose not to serve, you are dogsh#t to mormon women. I know this from experience.

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: December 12, 2017 10:50PM

Yep go on a mission and come back and brag how great it was then get married and sealed in the temple

Date: December 12, 2017 11:20PM

Yeeep don't forget to get married within a month after returning home and pretending you are a god trying to produce as many children as humanly possible even though you can't support them. Can't forget that part.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 12, 2017 11:26PM

Call your mom.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 01:08AM

I would say, "You know, you really don't have to be with a companion every second of the day. You re in a volunteer organization. If you want to do something by yourself, you are entirely free to do so. Did I mention that TSCC is a volunteer organization?"

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 04:06AM

What do you really want to say to missionaries?

Usually what I always tell them - - Ask where they are from, how long they have been out, what their plans are for when they finish, and if they want something to eat.

I tell them if they don't try to re-convert me...I won't try to de-convert them (and I am better armed than they are). I mention that there is no way I could ever have a testimony of Joseph Smith...and without that, nothing else really matters does it?

I tell them no "spiritual message" and no prayers are allowed in my home. But any time they need a place to relax and just be themselves, or a dinner appointment has cancelled on them and they need something to eat, my home is always open to them.

As they leave I wish them luck, tell them that as long as they are out there working then to give it their 100% effort, that I respect that they have sacrificed two years of their lives, that I love them, hope they stay safe, and they are always welcome to stop by any time.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 07:41AM

Go home and have a real life.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 08:07AM

This is all fake. Go home. Get a job. Go to college. Marry a nevermo or exmo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2017 08:08AM by Aquarius123.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 08:29AM

Date: December 13, 2017 10:19AM

Cheryl is the best when it comes to dealing with missionaries or mormons i think.

Posted by: Afraid of Mormons ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 11:44AM

I'm with Cheryl, and will add that I want missionaries to stay away from my children and grandchildren.

Do not engage in conversation. Nothing we say makes any difference to a brainwashed Morgbot.

Do not feed.
Do not make eye contact.
Close the door, or walk away.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 08:34AM

Actually, Cheryl, I like your answer best!!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 08:38AM

Get off my lawn you damn kids !

Posted by: Tears ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 08:38AM

"Snap out of it!"

I know it won't work, but we are talking druthers.

I feel so damned sorry for them, not knowing if I'm looking at slaves, sycophants or both. I can't get away from the fact that even if they are TBMs, they were indoctrinated, childhoods stolen in service of scum. Not everyone is born mentally equipped to resist, or with the safety to do so.

Date: December 13, 2017 10:24AM

I do have sympathy for them, i know exactly what they went through for 18 or 19 years before the mission. It is a horrible position to be caught in. Almost all of them deep down below all the indoctrination and programming really don't want to be doing what they are doing, but they know the backlash of family and church if they do not serve.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 10:10AM

Whenever I stumble across the missionaries on campus, I always invite them to have lunch with me in one of the nicer dining halls on campus. I make it clear out of the gate that this offer is conditional on their agreement to leave religion behind - I make it clear that if they don't try to talk to me about their religion, I won't talk to them about mine. Most are very agreeable to this. Some are massive pricks.

I have no interest in making their lives any more miserable than they already probably are. I know that they are being beat up by their church and more or less despised by everyone who accidentally opens their door. They are someone's kid - I treat them the way I would want to be treated. Again, entirely conditional on their agreement to leave the Joseph Smith talk at the door.

When they show up at my home, I politely ask them not to come back and close the door.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 06:36PM

I would like to invite them in for a bit of oral satisfaction. I'm gay and love a man in a white shirt and garmies.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 08:31PM

I really don't want to say anything to them. They live their life

and I live mine but if they try talking me into going back to

church or bearing their testimony to me, I'll just tell them

I no longer believe. I've told them that before and it was a

civilized conversation. They left and I went back to what I was

doing. It's no big deal.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 08:56PM

What I say everytime I see them out lying through their teeth to recruit gullible dupes into their doomsday cult,
Hey you the guys that sing the Praises of a sexual predator who married other men's wives and their teenage daughters? How is that even possible is there some law that allows somebody to marry other men's wives?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 10:10PM

Then hand them my printout of the essays I keep behind the front door. You guys really need to know these things as they are becoming more and more public and I am sure you would not want to embarrass yourselves. And after all, the Glory of God is intelligence right :) And see, it is fine for you to read them because they are off your OWN website!

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 03:15PM

Susan, another thing I sometimes ask the missionaries is if they've read the essays. A few say they have. Most say they haven't and some have never heard of them. I sometimes tell them that I think it would be a good idea for the Church to print out all the essays, put them in binders, and give a copy to each missionary in the MTC to read and take along into the mission field.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 10:12PM

We have a winner here !!!!!!!

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: December 13, 2017 10:23PM

"Want to join me in a gay erotic fantasy?"

Okay, I'm going, I'm going.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 08:26PM

I've decided if asked again about my kids being baptized, I will use this excuse. I'm gay and my kids can't be baptized. One child can't denounce my gay lifestyle when he's 18 because he doesn't talk. Dead dunking is the only choice.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 08:20PM

My first thought was f*ck you! If they do come to my house, I say we're good and shut the door on them. I'd have to be particularly pissy to want to discuss religion.

Date: December 14, 2017 08:22PM

Spray them with cockroach repellent. That is what i feel like doing.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 14, 2017 09:36PM

Go home. Grow up. And when you know something about the world and other religions I might actually want to discuss theology with you. Until then, good-bye.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: December 15, 2017 12:54AM

Having been a missionary, I would say with genuine concern "if you continue with this church it will try to control ever aspect of your life. You will have no peace, fulfilment or spare time. You should be in school right now having fun with your friends and preparing for a better life. Your parents will love you even if you are not Mormon. Go back to your apartment, call the mission home to tell them you are returning home as soon as possible. There is a beautiful girl waiting for you to boink her brains out. She is not Mormon and will love you for who you are and will not pressure you to get married or have kids. Everything will come in its own wonderful time. You look stupid in that white shirt and tie you robot."

Posted by: Jiimbo ( )
Date: December 15, 2017 07:12PM

Hi Elders c'mon in. Let's talk about The Book of Abraham, Kimderhook Plates. Mountain Meadows Massacre, Several different account of JS and the First vision, anachronisms in the BOM, Blacks and the priesthood , JS destroying a printing press . I love Mormon History elders! What about you fellas?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 09:17AM

I would tell them that I don't believe that the Christian church ever fell into apostasy and therefore needed to be restored. I think it got passed down from ancient times just fine. And I don't believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 11:09AM

We should go on splits! We'd make great companions, both telling MMs the truth. Keep it up! Find and free (deliver) lost (LDS) souls everywhere.

If you've got the time, I've got the beer. Cheers

M@t

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 11:53AM

What someone said to me on my mission when I knocked on a door and bore my testimony and explained how I got it by praying was this, "I don't doubt you felt something strong, but how do you know it wasn't just something you worked yourself up into subconsciously." He said it very sincerely, like someone just trying to help. It worked. I had no reply. Deep down inside he made me honestly consider that for the first time. So maybe I would say that.

But, what I'd have the urge to say would be,

"Oh, honey. Stop and think about what you're doing. Please. For your own sake."

They'd just look at me like some crazy old fool but that's as good as anything since they are so brainwashed. I was. I was a blank slate for the Mormons to write on. Thank God I found the eraser and figured out how to use it. Wish I could go back and thank that man who make me think, actually think for the first time ever. And yes. I'm old enough to get away with using the word "honey." :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 12:40PM

I remember one of my education professors saying once that as a teacher, you wanted to "lead thinking." Meaning, it is not always wise to hammer in information, but instead to gently nudge someone in the right direction. It's been on my mind lately because I've been finding that a softer, less direct route sometimes works better in terms of getting people where you want them to go.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: December 16, 2017 03:00PM

Typical things I say to them: Are you hungry, Elders? I'll treat you to dinner if you'd like. Over dinner I'm apt to ask them if they were raised in the Church, how long they've been in the mission field, what areas they've been in, did they attend seminary, at what point did they develop a strong testimony, do they have siblings, did any siblings serve missions, what are their plans for after the mission, what are their interests in life.

They often ask me what I believe. I give them basic information and more if they ask. Most of them aren't very curious about any details but sometimes one will engage me in a comparative theology discussion.

With a few exceptions, most of the young Elders aren't very aggressive towards me. I've found sister missionaries often more aggressive than the elders, and senior missionaries often even more aggressive than the sisters.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.