Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 03:58PM

As pointed out by Utah's Governor, in regards to anybody but people like him, white, male, Christians, Bannon fits the definition of a bigot...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

Obstinate:: stubbornly adhering to an opinion, purpose, or course in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion.

Intolerant: unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters.

Orin Hatch said he resents "anyone attacking any person's religious views, but particularly our own Christian LDS faith and the selfless service of missionary work."

I guess he'd resent "The Book of Mormon on Broadway" then, which mocks MORmONism, the Book of Mormon and the Mormon missionary program. But is it bigoted? I don't think they give 9 Tony's and a Grammy to bigotry do they?

So what's the difference between Bannon attacking Mitt Romney's "Honor and Integrity" for dodging the draft by serving a mission and us criticizing Mormonism here on ethical, moral, philosophical or theological grounds?

It's not intolerant to speak up against an abusive organization that has preyed upon your family for 7 generations, it's standing up against an abuser. It's not being obstinate to stubbornly adhere to an opinion, purpose, or course because of reason, arguments, or persuasion. It's the opposite of bigotry. Mormons are obstinate, stubbornly adhering to an opinion, purpose, or course in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion.

Mormonism is the very definition of delusion: a mistaken belief that is held with strong conviction even when presented with superior evidence to the contrary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

Exhibit A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXW-CHtD07g&lc=z23ksz1w1vr3uhco204t1aokgggh4atnyy23srchlpaabk0h00410.1511053627764474

I do my best to present the superior evidence to the contrary to disabuse Mormons of their delusions, they are just impervious to it due to their strongly held convictions in mistaken beliefs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 04:04PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 04:42PM

Good post.

I saw bannon's comment less of a bigoted response but just comparison that favored Moore over Romney.

I doubt Bannon gives much thought to Mormonism much less spending time hating it.

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 04:48PM

Now, Phazer, I completely agree with you.

Bannon learned political opportunism from the master. I doubt it goes deeper than that. (I wouldn't be surprised, though, if Bannon, as a devout Catholic, does, in fact, see Mitt's Mormonism as comically foolish.)

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 06:00PM

It wouldn't have mattered to Bannon if Mitt was a Mormon, a Baptist, a Catholic, etc. He would have slammed him no matter his religious beliefs.

Bannon is a racist and a bigot who resorts to slander when it suits him. It wasn't even so much what he said about the Romneys that's irksome. It was the hateful way he said it that bothered me.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 06:18PM

I don't have any idea why a 'TBM' political moron would speak against people not 'convicted' of any crimes!

However, coming in from stage 'left' ----- MIttins with non supported mudslinging!

This made Utah news! What a joke, you sling mud at someone else, without a proven case, guess what you open yourself up to ------ 'mudslinging' against yourself!

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 08:24PM

Okay, good points, all. However, as to the OP's title, I fail to see it addressed. What is/is not the difference?

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 07, 2017 08:09PM

cinda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay, good points, all. However, as to the OP's
> title, I fail to see it addressed. What is/is not
> the difference?

Like I said,

"It's not intolerant to speak up against an abusive organization that has preyed upon your family for 7 generations. It's standing up against an abuser.

It's not being obstinate to stubbornly adhere to an opinion, purpose, or course because of reason, arguments, or persuasion.

That's the opposite of bigotry."

But in reality, according to Mormons we'd be just as bigoted as Bannon. Of course, we're not the ones who voted to elect a bigot more than any other demographic. Mormons are.

In reality, ExMormons are only intolerant of bullshit and Mormons are as full of it as Bannon. You'd think they'd make fine bedfellows. But Mormons are bigoted towards Catholics and everybody except Mormons are pretty much bigoted towards Mormons. Otherwise I don't think a play mocking Mormons and their sacred text would get 9 Tony awards.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.