Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 08:38PM

... no longer has any application in your church. How did that come to pass? Why is mormonism seemingly so dead set against allowing member to 'think!' for themselves?", I wished I could ask, and will, soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 08:51PM

And, what ever happened to "know the truth and the truth will set you free?" Don't hear that much anymore. Sure worked for me.

That saying used to be framed near a picture of David O. in our old chapel. I'm sure that got thrown out when BKP said the "some things that are true are not very useful. . ." Well, not if you're Mormons anyway.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 11:17PM

“The Glory of Dawg is intelligence!” There, I’ve said it, Judic West, Prophet to the Mafiosi.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 06:19PM

They said it, but I never saw it.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 07:06PM

The first principle of the gospel is "obedience" and those that seek to follow it are deemed "intelligent" for doing so. Mormons think this so called intelligence is the glory of god.

Think for yourself and god is no longer providing the glory of intelligence as seen by the church members.

So no matter how bizarre, stupid, ignorant and backassward it all may seem to us, mormons think they are super smart for following along with it.

Go mormons!

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 08:30PM

As long as they are teaching from the current approved text, in their minds how can they be wrong. When a person is indoctrinated they are indoctrinated. Try and get them off script and you callenge them, You just might get through, but obviously they sometimes stop listening. I've been there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.