Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 12:52PM

I knew he was coming over at 4:30pm, after choir practice.....

I had been working on the chicken coop all afternoon. Couldn't have looked worse, in a garment thermal top sans marks, with my hair in a ratty bun, and dirt on my face. I heard the dogs bark but did not answer the front door. He came around back and came in. I had just came inside myself and sat down. He chit chats for a minute, then asks the inevitable question---"Are you still going to church?"
I said "nope. I know too much to sing 'praise to the man' anymore." He pressed on asking. I gave it to him both barrels. I said JS was a pedophile, a plagarist, and LOTS more on him... He said he had never heard some of these things. I told him I did not want to believe what I was reading- Straight out of church history, stuff I never knew. Then I said the bom was made up out of 5 other published books and even the church has admitted the bom is "not historical." No DNA evidence anywhere. Told him about the temple doings had been changed and why? If gawd is an unchanging gawd? Why?
Told him about the ward changes and boundaries and how nobody was taken into account while drawing a line in the street. And how was folks 6 blocks from me put in a different ward than me? And all the other old people who are forced to drive way too many miles to church, for their age and disabilities. He assured me if I would just talk to the bishop we could get this all cleared up. Still I said "nope." Encouraged me to keep paying tithing in the ward close by, but I could have no callings. Wooo! hurt my feelings.
Told him I cannot support JS, the bom, the temple, tithing, or the boa. He even said 'there is no book of Abraham.' Lucky for me I still have my scriptures and pointed out the boa and the facsimilies. I told him Egypt historians have said the boa is bogus and has nothing to do with Abraham. I showed him the jackals' head that JS made white and showed him several other mis-translations he made up on the facsimile. I said JS just made up translations up out of thin air and was a CON man.
He said "Watch it now." I was stepping on his toes, so to speak. I went on about the Kinderhook plates, the bible, the CES letter, polygamy, sending his buddies overseas so he can "Marry" their wives and did not ask Emma first. I said all marry means to JS is "have sex" and on and on ad nauseam...for about 20 solid minutes.
He assured me ALL my concerns can be cleared up by talking to the new BP. Once again, I said "Nope.The church is fake." Then handed him my final OUT letter from SLC. He said I have 30 days to change my mind.

I don't remember coming up for air. My 84y/o landlord was here, watching the colts on tv, so we weren't alone. ex-BP came as a regular guy for the title to the car. Seems the refugee from Africa was a movie director in Nairobi. He is in Hollywood now, but is coming here to put the car in his name since he has a work permit in the USA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 01:20PM by cutekitty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 01:05PM

"Watch it now."

Love it!

I was waiting for him to put his arm to the square and cast out the demons that have caused you to think for yourself.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 01:06PM

Wow you told him you don't believe and he says "pay your

tithing"... and you'd have thirty days to change your mind????

What an ass wipe... he insults you and threatens you.

Keep up the good work Cute Kitty... you're doing just fine.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 01:09PM

"Watch it now."

Trying to censor what you say inside your own home.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 08:58PM

Maybe he was afraid of being struck by lightning. It’s funny that he wanted you to keep paying tithing, as if nothing you said had registered. He figured you’d get over your “hysteria” (must be that time of the month), settle down and come back to church.

There’s no reasoning with these people. Reason isn’t part of the game.

Date: December 04, 2017 09:09PM

When I mentioned temple changes, he said we still believe in the blood oaths but just don't go thru the motions. We swear to not talk about sacred temple stuff ever....BS

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 01:21PM

Hahaha. I would have paid good money to have been a fly on the wall. You made my day. I love thee way you just "rattle it off."

Perhaps the old bishop will go and look stuff up to prove you wrong and open his own Pandora's box.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 01:21PM

Date: December 04, 2017 01:28PM

Yes, mam.
I HOPE he looks up some of the stuff I mentioned that he "didn't know about."

Maybe his TBM family will see the light? I KNOW without a doubt, I gave HIM something to think about, leaving here. How can he NOT check out some things? Maybe the sheeple blinders are too thick?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 01:21AM

You never know where the next exmo might show up. Good job!!

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 01:25PM

Attractive Feline

I recommend you write all your objections to the church down and keep it somewhere to use when needed...keeping both barrels full is a difficult task with advancing age.

Gatorman

Date: December 04, 2017 01:35PM

Dear Gatorman,

Thanks for kicking our 'no Luck' asses in J'ville Sunday.

I also told him I have written notebooks full of stuff I never knew. I am quite sure, I have all this vitriol on the TIP of my tongue. It isn't going anywhere. It is still very fresh in my mind to not be able to get way TOO much out of my piehole, quickly....
and, I ain't that dam old! Probably your age?

Posted by: 2 busy 2 log in ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 01:51PM

Now, wasn't that better than being a church-approved doormat?

"Encouraged me to keep paying tithing in the ward close by"

At least he was able to keep focused on the important stuff!

"He even said 'there is no book of Abraham.'"

ROFL. Would have loved to see his expression when you caught him in his lie, and showed it to him in black and white.

"He said 'Watch it now.'"

Or what? Another empty threat by another empty suit who you already caught lying.

"He assured me ALL my concerns can be cleared up by talking to the new BP."

Right, because he has no answers, and New Bishop knows all about the Kinderhook plates.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 05:21PM

Hah. Would've loved listening in.

I'm confused about his denial of the BoA. Do they no longer use the PoGP? Or has the BoA in it been expunged? I left 25 years ago and have no knowledge about the current cult outside of what I get here.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 05:30PM

Good job, Cutekitty! Lol that he still wants your tithing dollars. He knows the church's priorities well.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 06:41PM

Great job, cutekitty!! I like the "watch it now." What a gigantic douche bag. Coming, uninvited and unwanted, onto your property and thinks he can boss you around. If anybody deserves a big "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" response, it's him.

Date: December 04, 2017 07:30PM

LMFAO for sure. It would have been great to throw around some cuss words...Like, 'now get the f--k OUT!'

I ran to my scriptures on the shelf, still, and showed him the boa and told him of how FAKE it is and all made up!

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 07:57PM

By the way, you would be right to point out that any authority he thinks he has is fake. No such thing as priesthood. The thing of "Bishop" is fake. He's just a haughty asshole who thinks way too much of himself yet thinks he has some sort of authority over you. You did good, cutekitty.'

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 08:54PM

Take your power back in no uncertain terms! I would print off the URLs for the essays, pop them in the mail and tell the tool to go educate HIMSELF. I keep a copy by my front door just in case I get any drop-ins. Pretty damn hard to whine, argue or say they are LIES when they are straight off their own website :)

Date: December 04, 2017 09:17PM

What a great idea! Only thing is I would be writing a book of information. How can I leave ANYTHING out?

Thanks to all for the support. I am dam mad I did not find a cussword to spew off for shock value. He has seen me go from TBM to ex-mo in 2.7 seconds, right before his eyes.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 10:33PM

"There is no Book of Abraham." I can see a Mormon saying this because they know so goddamn little about their own church.

And where did you get a garment top with no marks?

Date: December 06, 2017 10:11AM

I picked off the threads- no holes left.
I loves my thermals on cold nites...and days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 10:11AM by cutekitty.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 10:40PM

cutekitty had ziller at:

"in a garment thermal top sans marks, with my hair in a ratty bun, and dirt on my face" ~

in 4 links to pics ~

good job there cutekitty ~

the struggle is real ~ yo ~

ETA: plz post links to pics of chickens too ~ thz ~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 11:09PM by ziller.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 05:31AM

What? How would I get that image of bare shoulders out of my head?

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 11:40PM

You have my respect cutekitty. If all mankind had your tenacity, evil would cease to exist.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 12:10AM

I would have given him the bum's rush.

Date: December 06, 2017 10:18AM

WELL, He got out the door with the signed title to the car and did not leave me a bill of sale, signed. So, WTF. I txted him and said 'if I don't get something signed, in my mailbox, today, I am reporting the car stolen.' And, I will.

He had me so riled up spewing out LIES I have believed in for most of my dam life, he took the envelope with 2 copies to sign, and left the pen, and left with all of it, unsigned. I want out of this car thing, now.

I want to yell at him 'WTF?'

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 12:34AM

"He even said 'there is no book of Abraham"
-
Wow..that is a new low in the world of Mormonism. You should have said..hey Watch it now...lol

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 03:42AM

Well done, Cute Kitty! You really nailed it.

All the best to you

Tom in Paris

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 05:52PM

They don't listen. And if they do they can't do anything but
repeat what they've heard like, "pay your tithing."

I was once chatting with some missionaries. I told them I'd left
the Church. They asked if I believed in God. I said I didn't
believe in God. The next question floored me: "do you believe
Joseph Smith was a prophet?"

I'd just told them I'd left the Church and that I didn't believe
in God and then they ask that. The only explanation I can think
of is that their mouths just spout these stock phrases and
questions without actually thinking.

Date: December 06, 2017 10:19AM

They are Morg.-bots.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 10:24PM

I'd tell HIM he has 30 days to change his diaper [mind].

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 03:31AM

Good for you, Cutekitty! Thanks for sharing this with us. Standing up to your old bishop must have taken a great deal of energy. Mormons are a hard-nosed people. I bet you do feel good about it, though.

I told my bishop everything you told yours, but I did it tearfully. I was unhappy at being lied to and abused, and my children were abused.I also had hand-written diaries by famous Mormon-history characters, who were JS's neighbors, and among the first members of the cult. I had these on both sides of my family, and some were polygamists. The diaries had been confiscated by the church, from a feeble old aunt, who willingly "donated" them to the BYU archives, from which they mysteriously "disappeared." But I remembered what I read, and I told my bishop, along with the other facts I had learned here on RFM. He denied everything, just like your old bishop did. The anger didn't hit me until later.

The other Mormon visitors--and there were many, but always in groups, and always unannounced, always late at night--threatened and maligned me. Get on their wrong side, and Mormons are bullies!

My bishop was the nicest, and he said if I would give him a chance, that he would come back next week, and prove to me that "Next to Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith was the most wonderful man who ever lived!"

My bishop never came back. He never contacted me again. I wonder what he uncovered in his research of JS....

I explained everything in my official letter of resignation, in a concise, clear manner, documented with references, and keeping it under two pages. I still keep copies of it in my desk near the front door, to hand out, when necessary. It feels good to have it all in writing.

Cutekitty, you probably looked like a healthy, self-sufficient, strong woman, and that can be very attractive and intimidating to a Mormon bully/cowardly dweeb.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 03:40AM

I just got a vision of cutekitty with a double barreled shotgun, jeeeeeebus.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 05:22AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 05:22AM by anybody.

Date: December 06, 2017 10:22AM

It's Nairobi, Africa. Not Kenya.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 04:14PM by cutekitty.

Posted by: Politic ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 10:30AM

I suspect he was being clever by saying "There is no Book of Abraham in the Book of Mormon"

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 11:22AM

@cutekitty
I always read your posts and enjoy them but I have one observation. You spent a lot of your life believing the LDS doctrine now you seem to be spending the reminder of your life hating the LDS doctrine. Don't you think you have put too much time into this nonsense? If you don't believe, who cares what the Bishop thinks. (If you are a non believer, the title "Bishop" means just another guy)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 01:41PM

Logic is not the sure guide to human behavior that computer science would like it to be.

Logically, I have no need to hate la iglesia mormona, but I do, and it feels good. I have no doubt that there are many who just let go of 'mormonism' and it drifts away from them, never to be thought of again. But some of us have chosen to keep a link, so that we have easy access to it when the opportunity comes along to take a shot at it. Yum! I love taking shots at TSCC!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 01:45PM

It's no other person's business unless it directly affects them. I'd say you're in that category and might consider not reading these posts since they upset you so.

Date: December 06, 2017 01:56PM

Sorry Cheryl if you think I'm upset, no, just a general statement. If you post others will read and comment from time to time. I felt like giving cute kitty a different viewpoint.

Date: December 06, 2017 04:31PM

Dear Moe,

I am just disappointed it -TSCC- is not true. I devoted a lot of time and energy into being TBM most of my life and for what? Don't I have a right to be a little pissed off? I have put too much time into the nonsense. Is that what we all agree on? It is all nonsense?
Unless you are a nevermo, then you should know where I am at being new to the crowd here? I am hoppin' mad, at all of it-right down the line.

I really don't care what the bp thinks. I don't care what anybody thinks anymore actually. I am on a new voyage learning to live differently than the morg would have me live. I have no real close friends anymore, new ones are too different from my standards I am not interested, 99% of my family is dead. So, what do I have? Nuthin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 04:34PM by cutekitty.

Date: December 06, 2017 04:44PM

Thanks for the response. I hope Nuthin' turns to Sumthin'

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 01:49PM

Good job,cutekitty! "Watch it now!",eh? Watch what,bishop? Watch you become a quivering bowl of green jello? What are you gonna do Bishop? Excommunicate me? I'm just shaking in my kitty boots!

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 05:08PM

I'm glad you got to let off some steam. Like has been said, the title "Bishop" puffs up a man's mind to think he knows more than others (instead of less, like he showed after he came across you, cutekitty).

His threat of removing the privilege of paying tithing is so off mark, but he doesn't even know it. (In his mind, paying tithing is supposed to protect you from harmful ideas of your own making.)

At any rate, you gave him a lot to think about, even if he doesn't want to think about it.

Good for you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.