Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 09:37PM

...and found the post I made when I found out about our beloved FlattopSF (real name, Kerry). It’s like I picked off a really big scab and it’s making me cry all over again. Kerry was one of the wittiest, most intelligent, kindhearted people I’ve ever known. I wish I had had the opportunity to meet him in person.

Looking up at the stars and hoping you’re out there somewhere and that you’re free of pain and fear. I still love you dearly, and will never forget you.

All my love,

Mikey
GLA

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 11:32PM

Yes, FlattopSF is sorely missed in these parts. Gone too soon.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 11:38PM

Happy you're back. Flat Top had a cool way of cutting through the BS.Made us all think about different lifestyles.

Posted by: SoCal Apostate ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 12:19AM

I still owe Flat Top a beer.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 12:21AM

Peace, love, and hugs, GLA! I sense the deep love and affection. I’m looking forward to your posts. Boner.

Date: December 02, 2017 01:48AM

Thanks, Bone (tee hee, bone). Truly though, Kerry was an amazing guy, and his death could not have been more tragic. It was publicized quite a lot on the news...I actually read the news story and thought, “My God that is tragic.” I had no idea it was Kerry I was reading about until quite a bit later. I never imagined.

Aaaand here I go again with the blubbering. I promise, my posts aren’t always so morose. Ha! I made a rhyme. Go, me.

Oy.

GLA

Posted by: kak75 aka kak57 ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 02:01AM

In reviewing the old emails and his memorial page, what happened to FlattopSF/Kerry Rutz pertaining to his death? There was no information on whether he died in an accident, got sick and died or what.

I hope I'm not asking a horrible question.

Thank you.

Date: December 03, 2017 07:17PM

Kerry chose to end his own life. He was probably one of the last people I would have expected to do that. Just goes to show that we all battle our own demons every day. There have been a few terrifying incidents in the past couple years when I quite seriously considered it myself. But now, probably more so than any other time in my life, I want to live. I want to thrive. But none of us should assume that all is well with the most vivacious people.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 02:55AM

It makes me sad, too, but I wanted to mention him. Remembering him makes me happy. I'm from SF, too, and I felt we were soul mates, because I always agreed with what he wrote. I'm not gay, but I think gays have a special understanding of the plight of women in Mormonism, and women in the workforce. We face the same type of discrimination, in a way, although gays have it far worse in religion.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 05:27AM

He's still sorely missed here. It was a massive shock.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 11:44AM

It really really was a massive shock and a huge sadness that

touched the hearts of everyone who knew him. I'll never forget.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 04:40PM

Date: December 02, 2017 11:59AM

I miss you, sweetheart. Here’s to you. You’ll always be nestled in a comfy, pain-free, beautiful place in my heart. Rest well, my dear friend.

❤️❤️❤️

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 03:05PM

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 02:05PM

I miss Flat top.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.