Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nevermojohn ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 08:56PM

From what I have learned here, I would think that a Mormon Temple would make a poor terror target. Unlike a regular religious building, there is no large central area where all the people congregate. It is split up into numerous rooms which would lead to a complicated assault with numerous opportunities to escape.

Daesh terrorists may not realize the difference.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 10:21PM

That's also what I think, plus having the TR desk in front does give them some added protection because they wouldn't hesitate to call security or even the local police if they thought it was necessary. After all, non-Mormon parents are banned from seeing their convert child get "sealed" in the temple.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 09:03PM

nevermojohn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...a Mormon Temple would make a poor terror target.

Because no one but the tiny Mormon minority would care.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 09:43PM

Propaganda.

If they were really going to go after it, they wouldn't advertise it first.

(currently sitting about 3 miles from said temple)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 12:02AM

I concur.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 12:14AM

In a perverse way, cultists like to feel persecuted. ("We have the real truth--THAT'S WHY THEY'RE OUT TO GET US!!!!")

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 12:11AM

Can you imagine the traffic jam on I-5!

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 12:37AM

Not that I'd want to see anyone hurt, but I wouldn't mind seeing that place destroyed. It's grotesquely ugly.

Posted by: pilgrim ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 12:11AM

I think this might be a response to my illegal entry into the huge mosque at Casablanca....you should have seen those people's faces in the dressing room when I strolled in...in shorts. Unfortunately, I left a pamphlet there by accident, as well as a camera with all my pictures of the interior of the mosque. I was really bummed when I ran out and realized I'd left them there.

But the whole experience makes for a great memory.

[Some of you might think this post is a phony...but it actually occurred...]

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 04:07PM

A family relative who retired from the FBI went to work for the LDS church's security organization. He basically said it's like a mini FBI. This was before 9/11. He was amazed at how good it was and they even gathered intelligence on potential enemies of the church.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 09:11PM

Modern day Danites, like Mossad?

RfM would be on its "hit" list, no?

I imagine if they're half as intelligent as they think they are, they'll be converting to the apostates.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 03:14AM

Basically the same security any big organization that receives lot’s of threats has.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 09:25AM

So Sunday morning (yesterday), I'm on my way down the I5 past the monstrously ugly temple heading for the airport.

All of a sudden, I see a CHP up ahead weaving across the freeway, stopping traffic. We all come to a dead stop -- about 1/4 mile north of the temple.

For a brief second, this thread went through my mind...naw, I thought, they didn't really hit it, did they?

Turns out it was just an SDG&E crew, running a big new power line across the freeway. They had to shut down traffic for 15 minutes to get the line across & then hoist it up. Then I continued on my way.

While any of us here would dread any terrorist attack, hardly anyone in San Diego would mind if *something* happened to that building. It's quite unpopular here with anyone but mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.