Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 03:07PM

My wife just had her 60th birthday yesterday. She is TBM through and through, but we still get along great! All I can say is welcome to old age with the rest of us. Seems like only yesterday we were 20 something newlyweds walking away from the Provo Temple together. How time flies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 03:09PM

Isn't 'perspective' an interesting thing?

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 03:53PM

You can also use the excuse that paying tithing could cause problems, so it doesn't get paid and she still can have a temple recommend.

Vacations are nice with the extra money in your pocket. Or new car.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 05:17PM

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 05:19PM

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 05:51PM

Growing old sucks. Sucks real bad. I don't want to hear no poetry about it, neither. No "Come, grow old along with me" and other such bullshit.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 05:53PM

My next birthday begins with a "7". How TF did it that happen? Was hoping to grow older together with my wife but was not to be.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 06:46PM

How are you doing, Ron?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 08:42PM

OK. Thanks for asking. I'm keeping busy and missing my soul mate terribly, but getting by. Not looking forward to Christmas without her (my first since 1971) but I'll have my family here.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 07:13PM

Truthfully, I am enjoying this stretch of life more than any that came before it.

DH and I both have health issues to deal with, but they aren't terrible. I can't walk very far, and sometimes have to use a wheelchair or a motorized cart in the grocery store, but that's OK.

We celebrated our 26th anniversary earlier this year, and are still very much in love.

I have been ecstatically retired for 15 years now - never been bored, not even for a nanosecond. A slow day of retirement beats the best day ever at work. I always knew it would be that way.

I have a good, dependable pension, good health benefits, a terrific relationship to my DH, kids and grandkids. Our income is enough to cover our needs and then some.

Life is good. No worries about money, nobody telling me what to do, no major health problems, terrific family. No complaints.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 10:09AM

On one of his very late birthdays, somebody asked Mark Twain how he felt. "Not bad," he replied, "considering the alternatives."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.