Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 04:32PM

Pres. Monson will return to the dust of the earth from whence he came just like all the rest of us will. His death will likely occur sooner than later now that he is essentially confined to living @ home. He is my only and last connection to the church. I haven't been active for years but I still follow, albeit occasionally, his sermons.

Monson is the last of a generation of leaders in the church. He assumed leadership at a very early age and essentially is a product of the church. He was appointed as an Apostle before I was born; hence, I grew up with him and other leaders of the era. Although misguided and having taught deplorable lies (certain church doctrine) over the years, I think there is a certain sincerity about the man that, at least for me, has been endearing. If you were to consider the 'men of the cloth' as it relates to Mormon leadership - I would say Monson is the last. He, more than any of the current leaders, practiced what he taught. By saying this I am not inferring he is a Prophet, hell no, but from a human relations standpoint, he devoted much more of his life to helping others than does the current cacophony of doctors, businessmen and attorneys.

I have absolutely fallen out of touch with the other leaders. Can't really stand the thought of Mr. Burns aka Russel Nelson at the helm. The dude doesn't come across as sincere at all - same can be said for Oaks, Holland, Bednar, Cook, Christopherson and Uchtdorf. Still don't know what to make of Eyring - his teary eyed nature is unsettling and Ballard? Well he's just an old Utah farm boy that spews the LDS garbage he has been spoon fed his whole life. As for the rest, don't know them or follow them and don't care to.

I have been an avid collector of church publications over the years but that will now cease with the demise of Monson. If he doesn't speak in a given conference I don't buy the DVD and conference edition of the Ensign. I don't believe he'll speak again and therefore the April 2017 conference materials will likely be my last. In an odd way, Monson's death will be a deliverance of sorts for me - the last thread of an immense ball of twine to break.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zenmaster nli ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 05:04PM

I'm dreading the pending regime of Mr Burns (AKA Russell M. Nelson). Sounds like we are on the same page. Mr Burns is my nickname for him too :)

Posted by: Questioner2 ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 05:19PM

What does "Mr. Burns" mean? I dislike Nelson also. I don't believe he believes in Mormonism, or God for that matter. He's a total phony. But I don't get the Mr. Burns reference ...

Thanks!

Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 05:26PM

Google 'Mr. Burns' and 'Simpsons' and read all about him - the likeness is striking!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 04:12PM

EX-cellent!

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 06:16PM

The illustrious and aforementioned Mr. Burns also let loose with a talk back in 1993 to a group of Mission Presidents wherein he described the "Rock In The Hat" method of BOM "translation" that up to that point in Human History to the best of my knowledge had NEVER been publicly admitted to in a gathering of Saints or in a Church setting spoken over the pulpit (of course I stand to be corrected on that!)

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1993/07/a-treasured-testament?lang=eng

The illustrious and aforementioned Mr. Burns also likes to have his "Wimmin Folk" stay home and make Doughnuts for him while he's at the Gen-Con session of the Penis-Hood meeting gaining enlightenment to share with the Wimmin Folk when he arrives home after the aforementioned Penis-Hood meeting.

Ironically enough this "Doughnut" talk he gave was entitled no less..."Our Sacred Duty To Honor Women"...go figure huh???

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1999/04/our-sacred-duty-to-honor-women?lang=eng

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 07:13PM

BeenThereDunnThatExMo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ironically enough this "Doughnut" talk he gave was
> entitled no less..."Our Sacred Duty To Honor
> Women"...

...but only if they make good doughnuts. And lots of 'em. And don't complain about it. While they're tending the 8 kids they didn't want, but felt compelled to have to house "celestial spirits." And after the doughnuts and kid-tending, have to fake being interested in sex with the penis-holder when he comes home from his important manly-meetings, 'cause that's her duty.

Oh, yeah, they "honor" women all right...

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 12:48PM

It is fascinating that the longer one is out, the less you care about who's coming on to the org chart at the top of LDS, Inc.

That's probably because I care less and less about what they are up to.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 01:49PM

Thought you were talking about Brent Burns,who plays for the Sharks LOL

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 07:22PM

He would be a more interesting choice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.