Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 02:51PM

During my five years of being a Rel. Soc. president, I experienced some unusual things. I shall record two of them, below.

1. I went to visit a very ill woman in our ward, who was in the hospital. As she appeared to be asleep, and because I had heard that one's hearing is the last thing that 'goes', I took her hand and began to talk to her. Upon doing so, she awakened, and told me how embarrassed she was, because she had spittle in her closed hand.
Just at this point, a nurse came around the corner into her room, and told me that no one was supposed to visit her, as she was on death-watch only. That is, she was comatose, and (supposedly) couldn't speak to anyone--which proved to me that our alert spirit stays around for awhile, even when comatose.

2. On another visit, I went to a very kind woman's home, where she was 'living', even though she was unable to communicate with anyone. I took her hand and began to talk to her, and she 'awakened' enough to talk perfectly coherently with me.

However, her husband--who was a dumb jerk who had made fun of her mental in-capacities--quickly rushed into the room to bawl me out for talking with his wife. Then, at the precise moment of his entering the room, she immediately returned to her incoherent state of being.

How she was ever able to tolerate being married to this dumb cluck all her life, I'll never know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 03:15PM

Interesting-

I had the common phone incident. You know where you pick up the phone to dial out (wait for a dial tone) and the person that you're about to call is already on the line answering, "Hello". This was on analog rotary phone lines before caller id and cell phones technology were available. I asked my buddy how he ended up on the phone. He said that it was continuously ringing for several minutes while he was outside stacking firewood on the porch. Before I dialed him, I had been watching TV.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 03:59PM

I love reading about these types of things! Very intriguing. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 07:34PM

Pollythinks, here is a link to an article about "Terminal Lucidity" that you might enjoy reading:

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/terminal-lucidity

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 07:46PM

In the above article, I agree it is important to PSI research.

There have been millions of people reporting near death experiences where their brains are not functioning well/brain dead yet recall amazing experiences ----- out of their bodies when they are brought back to a more stable condition.

Same with people that astral project ----- they leave their bodies and go wherever. I have only done this once to the 'in between life' and I definitely had no problem with my thinking etc. during my projection and have never read of anyone doing it and having problems.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 08:41PM

On the morning my stepfather died 2,000 miles on the other side of the country, which I wasn't told about until two days later (he was found later that afternoon on the floor of his house where he died.) Someone left a message in an identical voice (very deep, husky and distinct,) from a phone line that belonged to one of my neighbors, who lived down the street and was a home improvement contractor. I was sure that contractor neighbor's voice was the embodiment of my stepdad although we'd not met or spoken up to that time. Why else would he have the identical voice of my stepdad? It was an unusual voice. One I've not heard reproduced anywhere since.

Fast forward to two years ago when I called around to get painting estimates for my home. I remembered the neighbor who'd called 15 years ago, and called him to ask for an estimate. His voice was nothing at all like my stepfather's. They had completely different voice types, inflections, and where my stepdad had a husky deep voice. The neighbor's sounded almost like a boy's.

Even more odd on the morning my stepdad left that message via the neighbor's phone line on my answering machine, as I was driving to work it was the first time in two years that I finally felt my mother's spirit was at peace. Since she'd been dead I hadn't had any sense or assurance that she was. My stepfather would tell me before he died that he constantly felt my mom's spirit with him in their home - and he'd converse with her spirit because she was constantly with him.

Yet on the same morning he passed away around the same time possibly, my mom's spirit came by me to let me know she was finally at peace. When I felt her spirit coming to tell me goodbye I was driving to work and past the house where that contractor lives. It was around that time my stepdad used THAT phone to make his call to me for one last time (his spirit, not his physical self.)

He died on a Tuesday morning. My brother called me on Thursday to say his body was found Tuesday afternoon. Both the phone call and feeling my mom's spirit in essence flying by to tell me she was finally at peace happened at approximately the same time and in the same proximity to that neighbor's.

Coincidence? I don't believe so. That was the sign I'd been waiting for from my mother. I had signs from both my dad and stepmom they were in heaven shortly after they both died. I hadn't had that assurance from my mom until that morning my stepdad died. Piecing the puzzle together it just made sense that she was waiting for him before she could cross over to the other side. And when she came by to let me know her spirit was finally at peace, she wasn't alone. They were together.

Not that religion has anything to do with this, but they were all jack Mormons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2017 08:59PM by Amyjo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.