Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 11:29AM

Really?
Youve known all along Joseph Smith and Brigham Young abused their obscene power over their followers to have their way with their wives and teenage daughters and you failed to disclose that fact for 185 years while you had us sing their praises and expected us to be honest in all of our dealings?
Fuck you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 11:58AM

The operative phrase is "as we know how to be." They don't understand transparency or honesty, so this is the best they can do.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 12:12PM

I will never forget the Relief Society manual one year portraying Joseph as such a family man. They only mentioned Emma.

His other wives were his family too.

That kind of whitewashing is pure dishonesty.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 12:30PM

You are either transparent or not transparent. There is no middle ground. And this is from God's chosen apostle!!! What utter nonsense. You either tell the true or it is not the truth or the whole truth. This guy needs a temple recommend interview and asked if he is honest in his dealings. I would love to hear the answer.

But if you have your calling and election made sure, then it does not matter if you lie.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 12:29PM

I recall too many Mormon lessons and talks about "sins of omission are just as bad as sins of commission" and other similar Mormon-speak. These guys are sinners!

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 01:03PM

Should have just ssi " We're as opaque as we dare be.".

Posted by: Very Afraid ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 01:21PM

Just more Mormon doublespeak.

Why didn't he just say, "We tell the truth."

Oh, yeah, that would be too straight-forward.

Mormons use way too many words, just like their ridiculous BOM. They are experts at talking around a subject, back-pedaling, contradicting themselves, and deliberately confusing the sheeple with too many words.

Ballard and the other leaders are puffed up with hot air, overly concerned with image and appearance. The whole religion is empty inside. Mormonism is just smoke and mirrors.

I stopped listening to them, years ago.

Date: November 26, 2017 02:39PM

How's this for double speak?

"It’s this idea that the church is hiding something, which we would have to say as two Apostles who have covered the world and know the history of the church and know the integrity of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve from the beginning of time, there has been no attempt on the part in anyway, that the church leaders trying to hide anything from anybody [sic]."

When's the last time you heard a Mormon disclose the fact that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young ruined the lives of their followers by stealin their wives while they were away serving missions for the church, like they both did to Henry Jacobs, while he served 8 missions for the church?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 03:30PM

"two Apostles who have covered the world and know the history of the church and know the integrity of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve from the beginning of time" ..

They are apostles and know a lot more that you do so you'd better believe them.

It's the argument from authority once again.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 03:29PM

Wow.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 06:21PM

Oh yes, they’re the great pretenders.

Prophets that don’t prophesy.
Seers that don’t see.
Revelators that don’t reveal.
It’s dogs and ponies all the way down.

They don’t remember learning from a professional Egyptologist, that they paid for, that the BoA is completely bogus? If your church has such a gaping memory hole, quit being led by such brain dead zombies. If not, they are using you for your money.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 06:55PM

Good News!

The church has just hired Milli Vanilli to promote their new transparency campaign.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 06:04PM

LOL

Girl...(do) you know it's true?

And when the church's dirty secrets are revealed they'll just say, blame it on the rain...

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 12:27PM

According to an interesting Salt Lake Tribune article they quoted an obscure 1970 article that touched on versions of the first vision as evidence of church transparency on it history.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 01:57PM

“...as we know how to be...” = we know we are dishonest, we just hope we can convince you we’re not

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 02:07PM

- and that's highly unlikely, but if I am I will be sure to answer all questions that i'm being as honest as I know how to be.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 07:29PM

We're trying the best we can with what we have; trying our hardest; doing all we can, to the best of our ability.

Posted by: Godzilla ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 08:49PM

what kind of bullcrap language is that? couln't he just say "we tell the truth"??

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 09:58PM

Their mommas didn't raise them right.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 10:49PM

Until / Unless they detail finances: revenue, disbursements, salaries, benefits, ... Their claims for tranparencies ARE LIES.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 11:47PM

Link or date, please...

This quote attributed to Ballard...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2017 09:05AM by GNPE.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 04:06PM

We're as transparent as we know how to be without diminishing the power and wealth we've accumulated from this scam.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 05:32PM

They know nothing of telling the truth. Where's the money?

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 05:35PM

My boss's boss used that same statement when I was brought before a tribunal because I was complaining about some unethical events that were going on. The top boss said that "we're going to be as transparent as possible, short of sitting here naked." That brought up quite the mental image. Then this person looked at some Scandinavian jewelry I was wearing and commented that the Vikings weren't as tall and tough as everyone thinks they were. That message/threat was pretty transparent and clear to me.

Date: November 28, 2017 07:09PM

I could just imagine Harvey Weinstein trying that in court next time they ask him if he swears to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help him God,
"Uh, I will be as transparent as I know how to be.....uh, she was a few months shy of 15! Not 14! My God it sounds so bad when you say it like that!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2017 07:12PM by koriwhore.

Date: November 28, 2017 08:39PM

Why do GAs sound like the Mooch defending blatant liars?
Scaramucci: Sanders does her best to tell truth

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/11/28/anthony-scaramucci-defends-sarah-sanders-newday.cnn

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 05:05AM

If it would just be honest, it wouldn't have to worry about transparency, and vice versa.

Honesty would say "we are men who profit from our positions and claims" and "this is just another church".

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 12:49PM

He don't know how to be, do he?

Actually, they are just lying. The last thing they want is transparency.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 04:33PM

OMG, this statement should be the calling card for the LDS Church!!!

It is too funny and too purrfect!

The statement surely says it all, doesn't it? "We're as transparent as we know how to be in telling the truth," uttered Ballard.

Gives the GAs all the wiggle room, a huge hole to jump into when needed, and all the spinning room they want! (Well you see your honor, I just did not know how to be more transparent. Should I take classes or something? or Your honor, you are not understanding the word transparent correctly like I see it. After all it is jussst so very, VERY subjective. You must agree Your Honor, this is the case.)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 10:49PM

Transparent huh? Yea, right. All members are 'trans' and tscc is their parent (FU "heavenly ['church'] father"!). Does that explain its treatment of it's member(s)? Whippings. Punishments. Callings. Missions. Tithing. Temples. Hairstyles. Singles. Sacrament. Interviews. Shaming. Restrictions. Humiliation. Gossip. Back Stabbing. Shunning. Ex...

TSCC (the still criminal cult) is trans it's apparent. ("... as we know how"?) legalese? Subjective. What truth one might inquire/ LDS spokesmen would answer?

Jeremy Tunnels didn't get the truth and look what that got TMC/ him/ us/ the world: the ces letter (and his freedom, answers and happiness).

M@t

PS. presleyandfactsrock - hahhah

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 08:20PM

No trans parents allowed.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 08:05PM

Just like the morg claims it's transparent with all that money(tithing, etc..) they take in every year with no real accounting of where it really goes....

Date: December 01, 2017 08:40PM

Kinda like trusted Trump surrogates, swearing they are telling the Twoof, the ho Twooth and nothin but the Twooth, I swear to God Almighty!
So help me God, about Russia, except when they're lying through their GD teeth, which is pretty much ALWAYS!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 08:44PM by koriwhore.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.