Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 09:11PM

I was recently trying to remember some of the wording from the pre-1990 temple endowment ceremony. Church leaders and members often say that the death threats "penalties" in that ceremony were never threats because you spoke the words yourself, about your own life as in "... rather than reveal ... I would suffer my life to be taken", and not that you were ever threatened by anyone or by the church. But recently, the words from that ceremony are coming back to me, or maybe it's just my imagination. At some point, it seemes like they said that the penalties represent "... ways in which life may be taken". The operative words here would be "life may be taken", and not that "rather than .... I would suffer [as in my choice] my life to be taken". Is that my imaginatiin, or did they actually explain that the "penalties" represented ways in which life may be taken, in that ceremony?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 10:10PM

Mental gymnastics. As always.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:07PM

I remember it as "rather than do so I would suffer (position hand at this point) my life (mimic death cut) to be taken"

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:28PM

This should refresh your memory. Endowment audio recording from 1984 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGYH_S0DgA&list=PL0179692DF0B6487A

Posted by: isthechurchtrue ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:36PM

Moses 5:29 "And Satan said unto Cain: Swear unto me by thy throat, and if thou tell it thou shalt die; and swear thy brethren by their heads, and by the living God, that they tell it not; for if they tell it, they shall surely die; and this that thy father may not know it; and this day I will deliver thy brother Abel into thine hands."

Notice the parallels between the penalty of the first token of the Aaronic Priesthood and what Cain supposedly swore to Satan.

They both were references to having your throat slit.

Now if the Temple Endowment "penalties" were just commitments then they wouldnt have been called "penalties" and obligations.

This was Joseph Smiths occult way of making a deal.

Plus there are many cases of the Danites carrying out those penalties on "apostates" in real life.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:37PM

I was exhausted from an overnight bus trip.

What I remember most is the enormous feeling of letdown when it was over. I kept expecting some sort of spiritual enlightenment, and it didn't happen. And of course, you couldn't say that to anybody because it was forbidden to discuss it.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: November 23, 2017 09:39AM

Kinda me, too. I really expected to obtain some kind of enlightenment. Walking out the door I felt taken for a ride. Paid tithing for that?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 03:24PM

slogan for Tee Shirt to accompany the outline of any one of the LD$ inc Hell House of the Lower head Lord MORmON Jesus secret handshake palaces: I was lead to believe that I was going to have a spiritual experience, instead I was molested, given some really stupid under wear and stupid secret handshakes, and then had threats made on my life to keep quiet about what had happened.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:55PM

I am 99 & 44/100th's% sure that the wording of the penalties make it unambiguous that your "life will be taken", as in someone else will cut your throat from ear to ear, and your belly slit open so that your "bowels may gush out" etc., etc.

Just the way peace-loving Jesus would want it.....

Date: November 24, 2017 04:31PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am 99 & 44/100th's% sure that the wording of the
> penalties make it unambiguous that your "life will
> be taken", as in someone else will cut your throat
> from ear to ear, and your belly slit open so that
> your "bowels may gush out" etc., etc.
>
>
> Just the way peace-loving Jesus would want
> it.....

....Just the way that vengeful spiteful piece of ass loving lower head lord MORmON Jesus would want! ....or traditional Christianity would want.

Christianity was started /instituted /implemented by the Roman Empire as they hijacked Judaic ideals for their own political purposes. The temple penalties are quite gory. The knights Templar and the subsequent Masonic Lodge get blamed for being gory and cruel, but it was really the Israelites and the Romans that got their kicks from inflicting exceptionally miserable and agonizing death onto designated violators/ victims. The gory temple penalties of the masonic ritual were really intended to be a reminder of what THE dear sweet (Roman Catholic) Christian church was going to do to anyone found to be promoting concepts that were contrary and out of the bounds of church ideals. NOT necessarily what the masonic lodge was going to do to its members that failed to keep Masonic secrets.

the Masonic lodge goes to great lengths to keep its core message very oblique and highly generalized as it is conveyed by the Masonic ritual, so that core message is intentionally hard to pin down to a particularly offensive (to Christianity) form. From the ritual, it is up to the individual initiate mind to extract and condense /deduce what the actual message is and how it applies in any particular sense. That approach, along with the tactic of out doing the THE tyrannical (catholic) church in promoting Christian ideals and Christianity to the hapless who preferred it to real freedom, help keep the Templars safe from THE (catholic) church for centuries as the Templars also grew very very wealthy while operating inside of THE (catholic) church's / Christianity's domain. Eventually THE (catholic) church became irritated because Templars had a huge pile of money from out Christianing THE (catholic) church. THE (catholic) Church felt that money really belonged to THE (catholic) church. What a surprise !! So THE (catholic) church then proceeded to liquidate and eradicate the knights templar.

To this day, the Masonic lodge successors of the knights templar will not directly own up to their greatest /core secret ......WHICH IS ALSO THE (catholic) Church's greatest /core secret -that Christianity ala the New Testament is a concocted fraud and an absolute sham. That, while the Jews shake their heads on the matter and say "DUHHHHHH UHHHHHH !!!"

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: November 23, 2017 12:58AM

side by side comparison of 1990 vs now:

http://www.ldsendowment.org/historicaldocs.html

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 23, 2017 10:38AM

Thanks for this those old accounts are very enlightening.

Date: November 24, 2017 10:04AM

here is the thing that people just do not get.
they are penalties AND they are keys / signs and tokens in their own right. signs and tokens have to be emblematic of SOMETHING or else they are meaningless. the penalties are ways in which life can be taken, but they are more than that. they are penalties that make death an absolute certainty. so, what is the SIGNificance of that? ......was Jesus subjected to any of the sure death penalties ? -NO! That is a sign /suggestion right there to question the legitimacy Christ's death on the cross, because it is quite possible to survive being Crucified,even though it was NOT possible to survive the temple penalties as properly applied. the MORmON temple ceremony came from the masonic lodge. going through the lodge was supposed to be an endowment of learning. ....the learned are expected to be able to see through the New Testament story to see it (and its messiah) as the hoax that it really is. The new testament Jesus character even said: IF you continue in my words and ways, then you will be my disciples indeed, and you will come to know the truth, and the truth will make you free (from the impositions of THE church and its made up Christian religion).

that was in the insider business secret of the catholic / christian religion all along. the knights templar understood what was going on. they played along to protect themselves and became very wealthy by out doing the catholic church on the issue of promoting Christianity to the uneducated masses. until THE church finally got ticked off and got rid of the knights templar.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 05:06PM

Even back when I went through the temple as a TBM at the time, I thought it ironic that the penalties were designed to defile the body, which was so opposite of everything the church taught up to that point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2017 05:06PM by azsteve.

Date: November 24, 2017 07:45PM

yes, that is ironic.

......while on the topic of MORmON temple irony, how about MORmON founder Pervert Joe Smith taking anti Christian masonic rites and symbology, and then using them for (his) MORmONISM'S highest level /form of "Christian" worship in MORmON temples / secret handshake palaces? -quite MORmONIC,!!!!

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 07:19PM

1. The Mormon church DID carry out such penalties.
2. A particular serial killer has used to of the three methods - the third having already been used in a famous murder in 1947 which he did not do.

Date: November 24, 2017 08:37PM

rhgc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. The Mormon church DID carry out such
> penalties.

CORRECT!

MORmONISM was a blood thirsty religion founded by a blood thirsty psychopath. MORmONS ended up with a penchant for blood letting. Those points are quickly born out by doing a little reading of Pervert MORmON founder Joseph Smith's various works and actual history of the blood thirsty MORmONS in the early days of MORmONISM.

There is a scene in Robert Redford's movie "Jeremiah Johnson" that gets at that point even IF in a highly round about way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8kE3ai1yWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcpqTWHsCHU&list=RD95ND_fwX2fM&index=5

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 08:40PM

"...the third having already been used in a famous murder in 1947 which he did not do."

The Black Dahlia murder was a Danite hit?

Now THERE'S a twist!

Date: November 26, 2017 06:43PM

You got it! Note the method of the Black Dahlia case: the body cut in half as in one of the Masonic/Mormon oaths.

Date: November 27, 2017 10:50AM

NOTE: The more recent murder was NOT a Danite hit, nor was the third which was not in LA.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 12:11AM

I'm sure I and my little brother, both confirmed hellions were candidates for extermination as apostates back in those days....tells me my parents paid lip service to the cult.

Posted by: Kathleen nli ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 03:18PM

Makes me wonder what ordinance binds someone to be the inflictor/inforcer of that penalty. What secret mumbo jumbo did Bill Hickman or Porter Rockwell swear to?

I think we have only scratched the surface of Mormon machinations.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 03:40PM

Was there a whole set of separate ordinances for Danites? We may never know.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.