Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Q&A Review ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 02:33AM

Tonight I listened to the Oaks & Ballard Q&A meeting For the YSA. It was an innocuous event and they gave some good answers to the softball questions.

At one point however, Ballard launched off on the ONE TRUE CHURCH, PRIESTHOOD, RESTORATION, PROPHET JOSEPH SMITH crap. At another question about the hidden history of the Church, he essentially stated that the Church has always been transparent.

How blind, or what a liar.

There are MUCH worse things to believe in than Mormonism. But come on ....

GET REAL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 06:38AM

Someone needs the balls to call these people out in the meeting. Ask them a question that locks them in first and shows to the audience that they are common liars.

If i saw any of them whilst walking in SLC i'd call out to them, 'Hey fraudsters - still faking you've seen Jesus, still taking money from the poor'.

Some might not agree, but i'd make it clear that whilst they may hide amidst their congregations and leech off their adulation, in the real world most of us see nothing more than scammers and charlatans.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:02AM

TBMs will always TB.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 11:18AM

"Someone needs the balls to call these people out in the meeting."

W/the Renaissance and the split in the Catholic church due to the intellectuals coming out of the Renaissance, THIS is what mormonism needs. Mormon church and schools do some things good...but helping people to critical think about past lives (history), their lives (current events), and the future is something Mormon schools don't do..

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 08:59AM

The article in Deseret News said they were asked tough questions. How laughable. Softball questions are all they get. These two men really are despicable.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865693063/Elder-Oaks-and-Ballard-answer-tough-questions-in-Face-to-Face-broadcast.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 08:59AM by Atari.

Posted by: Boballooie0691 ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 09:12AM

Yeah, I got some comments about it on my FB feed. "Oh, how they answered, some hard questions. Oh, how inspirational it was. Oh, how kind and selfless they are." Same old blah-blah bull hockey. Sheesh, and to think I was hornswaggled enough to believe their crap!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 11:55AM

One of the explanations for Charles Dickens' prolificacy is that he was paid by the word.

One wonders now if the GA's are paid by the burdens they can place on the members.

And now a horrible, HORRIBLE analogy! I am so proud of how bad this is!!

Imagine that mormons are greyhound dogs, who at birth begin chasing the dog track mechanical rabbit. As long as the bunny is going fast enough, the mormons can't catch it. Their focus is on that rabbit, to the exclusion of all else.

But the rabbit mechanism is old, cranky, outdated and failing, so it's slowing. What would happen if during the race, the greyhounds could catch the mechanical rabbit?

They'd find out it's not real! So the GA's have to distract the mormons from the rabbit, and thus you have ALL this busy work and meetings and broadcasts and harping and carping!

Hopefully my analogy is soooo bad that it's good.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 12:03PM

It's good lol because now all I can see is my MIL sprinting on all fours with a red #7 vest on, by golly she gonna get that rabbit.

Actually I only saw it with my spiritual eye, which is still good enough to get me a spot in the front of the BOM.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 12:07PM

Thank you for sharing that vision of your spiritual eye. I can't get rid of the image of my MIL with a bright yellow #5 vest trying to outpace #7 for the lead down the straightaway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 12:08PM by GregS.

Posted by: valiant ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 12:27PM

Elder Ballard spoke of criticisms to the effect that the Church has hidden the fact that there is more than one rendition of Joseph Smith’s First Vision.

“The facts are we don’t study; we don’t go back and search what has been said on the subject. For example, Dr. James B. Allen of BYU in 1970 produced an article in the Church magazines explaining all about the different versions of the First Vision.”

He added, “We would have to say, as two apostles who have covered the world and know the history of the Church and know the integrity of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve from the beginning, there has been no attempt on the part of the Church leaders to try to hide anything from anybody.”

Thanks to the Joseph Smith Papers project, “we’re learning more about the Prophet Joseph; it’s wonderful we are,” Elder Ballard said. “Just trust us, wherever you are in the world, and you share this message with anyone else who raises the question about the Church not being transparent. We’re as transparent as we know how to be in telling the truth. We have to do that; that’s the Lord’s way.”

We've been telling the truth from the beginning, it's your fault for not listening. I actually think he's telling the truth about being as transparent as he knows how to be. That's what happens when you spend so much of your life telling the "truth" the way they do.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 01:00PM

>
> Elder Ballard said(,) “Just trust us...
>

What did people who loved us as kids tell us to do when a seeming authority figure who had something to gain from us uttered, "...just trust us..."?

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: November 22, 2017 01:50PM

Sounds like something a politician would say.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 05:11AM

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together in a little crooked house.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 12:08AM

yah, LDS inc is completely transparent......

they certainly talked about something as significant as Brigham Young suspending the supposedly immutable "law" of tithing and doing with out ALL OF ITS BLESSING at a time when those blessings were most desperately needed, instead of proving the lord and depending on that law and its blessings ......it is just that we can not remember when and where that info was provided to us in MORmON lessons on tithing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwkFavjPsdE

MORmONISM has nothing to hide .....besides just about everything in its crooked MORmON founding and MORmON history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUcyR7Qv_1o

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 12:36AM

"Transparent" itself is TOTAL B.S*IT! ...

Their finances aren't disclosed, aren't anywhere near transparent!!!

Finances: a LDS HARD QUESTION!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 04:12PM

Yes all of their questions are just like the ones they write for their rag called Ensign. Just for fun I picked a random issue from the past: March 1993

"What hope does the gospel give to parents of errant youth?"

If you're feeling sick and need to puke, then you can read it for yourself.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1993/03/i-have-a-question/what-hope-does-the-gospel-give-to-parents-of-errant-youth?lang=eng

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2017 04:13PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: November 24, 2017 10:59PM

We’re as transparent as we know how to be in telling the truth. We have to do that; that’s the Lord’s way.”

If I was there I would simply ask or yell
: Why don't the missionaries when meeting a prospect member for the first, second, third or fourth time:

1. Tell the process of the BOM translation - i.e. looking into a rock in a hat that was found while digging a well for money?
2. How about there is NO historicity, linguistics or anything related to the BOM ever found?- Because it is a made up story
3. Joseph Smith was a con-man, learned from his father and practiced as such, frauding people for money
4. The Christ taught in the BOM or DC is NOT the same Christ as what is in the Bible
5. All the so-called revelations were nothing more than feelings
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Listen..these fukers are fruads and should be in jail.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.