Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 11:02PM

Aren't you sick of Mormons doing I testify blah blah blah! It is annoying and you think can you ever stop? I don't do that but active members act like we are better than anyone! And no Joseph Smith is no prophet! And the book of myth is rascist and has no evidence

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 08:34AM

It's the group manta, a post-hypnotic suggestion induced during your journey along the path toward the celestial kingdom - a fairy tale place just like the land of Oz. Follow the yellow brick road (yellow bricks representing the gold paid in tithing).

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 11:08AM

It could be a fake it till you make it thing.

If you say it out loud often enough, you might actually start to believe it.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 12:45PM

One missionary was trying his best to explain the importance of having a testimony and how to gain it. I helpfully paraphrased his explanation as, "So, all I have to do is fake it till I make it?"

Silly kid that he was: "Yes, exactly! I like that! 'Fake it till you make it.' I'm going to start using that. Thanks!"

But really, it was Boyd K Packer who said in recent years that "a testimony is to be found in the bearing of it." Whether he was conscious of it or not, Packer was advising young men about to go off on their missions to fake it till they made it.

How's that for the church of truth?

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 12:44PM

Supposedly people are more afraid of public speaking than death. So if you are forced to do something you fear and lie to boot, it destroys the person inside you bit by bit.

Other people here can say it much better.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.