Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: November 17, 2017 10:53PM

Welcome to Mormon.org! I'm Evan, me why do you hide the history of your church? I want real answers not fake, Evan. What do you mean by real answers? We are here to help people. Me really? Ask can you tell me why you hate black people and gays? Black people were not allowed to join your priesthood or join until 1978, Evan, we love everyone! Me, no you don't and don't lie to me, Evan what are you getting at? Me do they teach you all your church Evan,

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 17, 2017 10:54PM

Go to lds.org and read our beliefs, we are here to help others come to Christ ,have a great day, yep still blind and won't answer my question at all!

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 04:37PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 04:48PM

It's a choice... Or it could be choice, but some just go along with the flow, never having made the overt choice, but the passing of the years makes it for them, and so they flinch when they hear you're not a TBM because that's scary territory: Here there be Monsters!

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 05:00PM

It is. So for me. Kept reading, asking and informing myself. When the scale tipped, then it was goners for me. Basically, it did not feel safe. It took time to explore the inconsistencies, because they are hidden or well presented.
But that only lasts for so long.
Everyone has a sense of survival— when one too many alarm bells go off.
“Would somebody, please, yes, please get Godzilla back in his cage! He is headed toward the temple parking lot again. Must be that darn spire!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 10:54PM

Either the robe has confused him, or he totally NOT confused...

Posted by: Google ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 05:48AM

Yes, dwt Godzilla back in the cage so we can ship him over to Salt Lake City when he can do the most good.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 18, 2017 11:26PM

I was really angry about something the cult had done recently (and they are always doing something to make me mad), and a friend and I were Christmas shopping, and I was trying to calm down and get my mind off of it--when two missionaries confronted us at the mall. I stared them down, fuming, and smiled my meanest, snarliest smile and said, "HAVE A GREAT DAY.!"

Because that's what those phony, condescending idiots say to everyone else! If anyone asks them a hard question, or if anyone says "no" more than 10 times, that's what the Morgbots are trained to say:

"Have a great day!" Translation: "Go to Hell!"

This is yet another saying, that began as quite nice, that the Mormons have twisted around to mean just the opposite.

When I said it, the way that I said it, imitating the way Mormons say it, my friend burst out laughing, and we walked away, laughing.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 03:23AM

MORmONS are (selectively) blind and ignorant .....which is a large part of the reason that I refer to them as MORmONS

Date: November 19, 2017 04:49PM

Church of Joseph Smith of latter day liars fits them well! And the ignorant missionaries on Mormon.org would not answer my question at all! So typical of them! And yep they probably did mean go to outer darkness! You are asking us questions

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 19, 2017 10:52PM

I see.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 01:51AM

I also see and it is wonderful.

I feel both sad and mad that some of my own family members are blind. Some days I want to grab them by the shoulders and shake until all the insane blindness flows out of them. I only wish this possible.

How these relatives refuse to open their eyes to see and ears to hear does make me crazy. I tried once when I first left the Mormoncult to share my story which was probably not one of the smartest moves I've made, and that, by the way, has not so far brought these people to freedom. It was at the time what I felt I wanted and needed to do, but have since learned does not usually work and is advised by those who have done it that it is better to wait at least for a year or more before you vent, if that is still what you choose to do. By this time some of the anger has had time to cool.

The blindness of Mormons make it impossible, at least in my view, to have an authentic, meaningful relationship. Their being TBMs creates a gulf where things in common are few and far between. Their world is drawn by Mormon rules and authority from what they read, listen-to, watch, dress, eat, to how they spend their time. I, being someone who resigned from the church, am now looked at as an EVIL APOSTATE; they don't come out and throw those words at me, but their constant combination attitude of arrogance and diminutive remarks says it all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 02:01AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: November 20, 2017 03:14AM

And it's not by the light.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.